Preset Manager Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zen

Curious what opinions are on preset managers.

I have VIP and Komplete Kontrol. It seems that they don't work with a lot of plugins for whatever reason.

Any better alternatives?

Nowadays I also examined these two. The sad reality is, that there's no perfect software for this.
Like many things in the world, you can choose the better alternative for yourself.
In my case komplete kontrol quite good covers my plugins, so I will not fiddle with vip (though its concept is better i think)

I bought VIP mainly to create some „push any synth into MPE“. But now this works easier in Bitwig itself. And VIP does not allow more than one instance. You can’t load the standalone and a plug-in which is pretty odd (in Bitwig I would have to load VIP only in the same thread or it would refuse to load a second instance...)
In general the DAW should do it anyway and I am happy how Bitwig deals with it...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:33 pm I bought VIP mainly to create some „push any synth into MPE“. But now this works easier in Bitwig itself. And VIP does not allow more than one instance. You can’t load the standalone and a plug-in which is pretty odd (in Bitwig I would have to load VIP only in the same thread or it would refuse to load a second instance...)
In general the DAW should do it anyway and I am happy how Bitwig deals with it...
Just to make things clear:
You can load multiple instances/as many as you want. Just select vst per manufacturer or 64bit sandboxing.

Zen is pretty good but I don't know if it is still supported or developed. It's free though :D
djmino02 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 am I have VIP and Komplete Kontrol. It seems that they don't work with a lot of plugins for whatever reason.
Komplete Kontroll can integrate most plugins but it's a lot of work (I'm doing that currently for myself).
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Welcome back Peter. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

crimsonwarlock wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:40 am Zen is pretty good but I don't know if it is still supported or developed. It's free though :D
djmino02 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 am I have VIP and Komplete Kontrol. It seems that they don't work with a lot of plugins for whatever reason.
Komplete Kontroll can integrate most plugins but it's a lot of work (I'm doing that currently for myself).
You might find what you need in the NKS user library (in my sig)

aMUSEd wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:29 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:40 am Zen is pretty good but I don't know if it is still supported or developed. It's free though :D
You might find what you need in the NKS user library (in my sig)
Not specifically, as not everything I use in in there, and the biggest task is getting all the presets moved to Komplete Kontrol. Setting up a custom plugin manually isn't that much work or difficult anyway.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Zen became VIP.
As for VIP, you can have multiple instances, just not multiple sandboxed instances each in their own sandbox (because multi-process access to a shared database would require a much heavier database solution)

Return to “Instruments”