Cubase 10 - how is it handling crashes?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if cubase can still open projects which have problems while opening or which crashed. I am so marked with the poor habdling of fl studio being so unidentifiable crashing projects and support mostly not being able to find out the problem and introducing new crashes with every version. Thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hey you lazy cubase users. Convince me using cubase :lol:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:39 am Hey you lazy cubase users. Convince me using cubase :lol:
I'm trying to remember if it ever crashed on me. :lol: Seriously, it probably did at some point somewhere, but it tends to be rather stable. Ableton, on the other hand, crashes on me quite constantly.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

It crashes with grace - no drama, no blue screens of death, etc. Just *puff* and it's gone.

;) :D

But seriously, it only crashed for me once in 3 months I've been using it and it was apparently due to incompatible nVidia driver. I changed it to run using embedded GPU and worked fine since then and after nVidia update switched it back to dedicated GPU and it works great there as well. Can't say if it'd salvage the crashed project, because it crashed with an almost empty project.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

You can make it crash though. If you go into the plugin manager and force enable a blacklisted plugin you will most likely end up with an infinite startup-crash-startup-crash-... loop that is really difficult to get out of again. Been there, done that. :)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

antic604 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:59 am It crashes with grace - no drama, no blue screens of death, etc. Just *puff* and it's gone.

;) :D
:)

I did 30 days, the trial. It was relatively stable, as stable as it gets actually.

The ways to make it crash are plugins which are buggy, corruption of a project file, or it, your system with it won't crunch the numbers in time. Like you did something you just did right away while it was dealing.

antic604 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:59 am It crashes with grace -...
Well nicely dignified crashes are most important!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I use Cubase for a very long time now.
And every version had crashes but very rare.
If you are running a stable system everything will be fine. Now I'm on Cubase 10 Pro and the last crash was in January when I wanted to save a project. But thank God the "auto save" is on (every 2 minutes)
:-)

It crashes rarely. And it writes an error dump which you can inspect with visual studio community edition.

I installed a trial version of Pro 10 this weekend and it crashes every time i try to create a sampler instrument from a sample. I'm a bit disappointed because I was planning to jump on the cross grade deal. No other bugs found, but this is enough of a showstopper to not order it. The crashes pop up an error and when you click on "ok" it closes immediately and then a pop up saying "sending crash report to windows" pops up. I have a fresh install of W10 and my copy of S1 runs well on my PC.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Oh, another Caine123 "Should i buy or should i not? Convince me!" thread. Who would have thought? Seriously, with that amount of motivation to make up your own mind, you should rather consider donating your money somewhere more useful.

The only crash I've had with it in recent years was with the VST3 version of Largo I got a couple weeks ago.
The VST 2 version is fine.
And the crashes I did get in years past were also mostly due to faulty vst .dll's.
When those were removed, it was very stable.

In the rare instance that I do get a crash, it comes with a message -
"A serious error has occured - try to save your work" or something like that.

It crashes on occasion here. What I've had happen afterwards are lost preferences, never a corrupt project. The preferences thing was annoying though.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”