Plugin-alliance VST plugins not visible from DAWs on Windows 10 machine

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried to install BX Conosle SSL4000 G and E, Console N 64bit VST plugins last versions.
After installation I can see all *.dlls within Steinberg/VSTPlugins folder with all other plugins from all other devs I have.
Open Live 10 64bit, scan VST folder for new plugins but BX plugins stay invisible for Live plugin browser.
Open Bitwig 64bit, scan VST folder for new plugins but BX plugins stay invisible for Bitwig plugin browser.
Open Reaper 5.9.7.8 64bit, do the same and BX plugins stay invisible for Reaper plugin browser as well.
All other plugins from the same folder are working so the folder is right and properly chosen.

Check the same on other Windows 10 computer and the problem is there too.

Try download and install 64bit VST of BX Console G that is a legacy plugin with older installer and it works. It looks like some of the newer plugins are affected only.

On Mac OSX machine, everything works great.

Any1 else with this bug?

PA has been having installer issues on some of the more recent plugins. we are all waiting on updated versions when they get it worked out. FYI

i don't have your particular problem, but there are no uninstallers on my machine and sometimes they install to wrong folders so... could be your problem.

basically the guy that did a great job of coding for them moved on to another company and they are working things out.

With PA is good idea to keep installers of different plugin versions. Typical 'solution' to those issues is to simply try older installers. I think that's the only solution for you atm as it seems to work for you with Console G.
Once I wasn't able to use their plugins for few months. It seems that they have a huge problem with their installers as you can google a lot about such issues sometimes not resolved for years. Unfortunately as some of their plugins are top notch.

Never ran into such problems with PA plugins, but I use their Installation Manager instead of individual installers.

I even checked and reinstalled bx_console N and bx_console SSL 4000 E. They appear and work just fine under Windows 10 in latest REAPER v5.978/x64, including VST2, VST3 in 32 and 64-bit versions.

I observed the same problem with some PA plugs (Specops, Sandman Pro) but only in Reason 10 (win 10 64bit), while the same plugs recognise without problen in Ableton v9 \ Studio One 3 (though not know how it would be in latest versions). And in the same time many other PA plugs works ok in Reason 10. (All PA separate installers, i don't use manager).

I will try manager and update you soon

c_voltage wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 am observed the same problem with some PA plugs (Specops, Sandman Pro) but only in Reason 10 (win 10 64bit)
EDIT: now works ok after today R10.4 update :party:

c_voltage wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:29 pm
c_voltage wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 am observed the same problem with some PA plugs (Specops, Sandman Pro) but only in Reason 10 (win 10 64bit)
EDIT: now works ok after today R10.4 update :party:
That is great, however I would expect updates with fix from PA as well

Lots of PA plugins aren't working. Tested in Reaper too, they do not show up. :(

I'm on WIN 8.1 and the only issue I've had with PA plugins (in Live 10 & 11) has been VST3 GUIs not displaying or resizing correctly. VST2 plugs are all fine ... when I contacted PA they said the issue was with Live (not PA) and I should contact the Abes about it :shrug:

Lindel, Unfiltered audio and DS Thorn works. bx, SPL and Ampeg doesn't. I tryied VST 2 and 3 with the same results.

alvfaria wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 pm Image

Lots of PA plugins aren't working. Tested in Reaper too, they do not show up. :(
I use FL Studio and all my PA plugins appear fine. I'm using the PA Installation Manager and installing VST2 to a custom path (D:\Music Production\VST\Plugin Alliance).

Maybe it's a VST3 issue? (EDIT: You said above it's not). Hmmm have you tried a rescan of all plugins with "all plugins with errors" checked?

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 am Maybe it's a VST3 issue? (EDIT: You said above it's not). Hmmm have you tried a rescan of all plugins with "all plugins with errors" checked?
Yes, I did. :(

Plugin Alliance plugins not working in Reaper or FL Studio here. The only one I could get to work was Lindell 80. I have contacted them - no answer as of yet.

For what it's worth all of my PA plugins work just fine in Reaper and FL Studio on two different systems here (Win 10).

When you say "not working" do they not show up after a scan or show but won't load or load but crash or.....?

Are you using the VST 2 or VST 3 version?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Effects”