FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:56 pm Not sure what you mean by that , but it couldn't hurt to add new filters , I had a personal conversation with the developer about that >
Then MSF would be perfect for me as a workhorse synth , I love this plugin otherwise I wouldn't post bugs .

On a side note , I got a warning and I will probably be banned from this thread , I have no idea why
I have never expressed negative feelings towards any person in this thread , only when someone attacks my persona and makes false acquisations .
I might have not correctly interpreted the post by 'mevla ' , to which I apologize
I would also love to see some really nice filters / turbofilter / fm modulation so it was good to see someone knowlegeable pushing for it.

Now on to the msegs. Would they be labelled "random". Still trying to get with the labelling.

Mseg's are found in the envelope window , click custom shape ( top right corner )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I looked at that and thought it was just modifying the initial attack and release behaviour.

Well yes , it goes trough the envelope during attack stage bbut this can be a tempo synced mseg , the last breakpoint of the attack stage is the sustain level , and then there is the release stage , which is also an mseg
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

aMUSEd wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 am
David wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:59 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:50 pm So I made a preset and saved it as a device so it loads from the main menu (I don't like the 2 different preset menus) but when I load it like that it has no controls - where did they go?
They're back in Edit mode.

To have any controls in Device mode, you (or somebody) has to build them. If you didn't in this case, that's why:)

Intro to building, 2nd clip in playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QJczjG3beA
For some reason EDIT seems to be greyed out when I select this Device now, not sure if I can even delete it?
Sounds like the Editable option wasn't selected when you saved; more here:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=525092

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:43 am Okay, I found it. I clicked on one of the tabs at the right and found a tiny ARP button. I clicked on that and there's an arpeggiator. So why is everybody saying there is no ARP and you have to use an LFO?
Are you perhaps thinking about this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=524820&p=7396247& ... 8#p7396247

David wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:43 am Okay, I found it. I clicked on one of the tabs at the right and found a tiny ARP button. I clicked on that and there's an arpeggiator. So why is everybody saying there is no ARP and you have to use an LFO?
Are you perhaps thinking about this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=524820&p=7396247& ... 8#p7396247
It's possible. With all the discussion it's impossible to keep track of everything.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:55 pm
Niowiad wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:51 pm Yes, it is possible.
First, a multiparameter must learn the SLOW-FAST switch, then the modwheel is assigned to that multiparameter from the MSF's midi settings menu.
It sounds complicated but the process doesn't take more than 20 seconds.
Okay, let's take this from the beginning. Where is the multi parameter menu? I can't find anything.
Once again I'll direct you attention to my videos, explicitly designed to provide what beginners to MSF and Melda need to know and will have a hard time finding elsewhere, based on 3 months of intensive effort to fill all the gaps in the existing instructional material that I pored over during that time, often at the expense of my own head of hair. #2 is entirely about MPs and it's entirely about MSF, unlike the official Melda video on the subject, below, which is 3 years old, but still somewhat useful, even though it completely leaves out the Manage MPs panel…which maybe didn't even exist back then…? So, less than 10 minutes of video, or days of hair pulling?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QJczjG3beA

Here's the official one, still offered on the Melda site as the current best answer on MPs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 7PuwSR-Knc

Question for you: Are you planning a library of Global Presets, or of Instruments?
No offense, but these videos didn't help me at all. I won't go into detail as to why because I just don't have the patience to do all that typing but here's 2 quick tips.

1. Slow Down
2. Use Speech Instead Of Text
Perhaps this will be the video that will work for you. It’s the official Melda How to Make An Easy Screen IN MSF video many have been waiting for—certainly I have been:) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSeIL2DOGCM

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:11 pm Mseg's are found in the envelope window , click custom shape ( top right corner )
That's a part that really needs some updating. Almost every synth and fx nowadays offer free (mouse) drawing of envelopes. And directly in the envelope window, without having to open a new pop-up window like in MSF.
More BPM please

You can Free draw envelopes enabling the drawing mode right there in the custom shape envelope in the envelope window, but yeah it opens a pop-up.

on a mac you can just press cmd and draw rather than needing to right click and enable drawing mode, so there'll be a windows equivalent of that no doubt.

Yes on Windows it's done with Ctrl pressed down.
Or also with just the mouse-wheel pressed down without using the keyboard.

David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:46 pm btw, do you happen to know if MSF Easy Screens can have clickable Preset lists, such as MTurboD and others have, along the left hand side?
I do not know with certainty, but my educated guess would be a No. We've already got the browsing mechanism established for Easy Screen presentation and I doubt an alternate scheme will also be made available.

About the envelope drawing :

In so much stuff nowadays you don't need anything but your mouse to draw, directly in the envelope window. Look how it's done in for example Kontakt, Battery, Serum, Avenger, Falcon, Fabfilter, DMG, Cableguys, Izotope and so on. Even in lots of freeware and in all major daw's. You can draw the craziest of envelopes without any pop-ups, menu's, commands or other workarounds.
Don't understand why Melda doesn't get with the times and modernizes this part, would be so much quicker and easier, especially because it's such a big part of this synth and i use it a lot.
More BPM please

David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:29 pm
exponent1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:43 pm Now back to the synth topics. Is there a way to quick MIDI learn only 1 parameter/knob without using the multiparameters?
EDIT:
Well, sorry about that original version of this post… I clearly hadn't yet actually understood MIDI Learn in MSF. THOUGHT I did, but…no. Several hours of fiddling around, and I THINK I get it! (I also think there's a bug in there, about which I've asked and will report.)

FYI: Update to an earlier post on MIDI Learn in MSF.
On p 50, near the bottom.

Return to “Instruments”