FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 pm
mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm NVM. I found it but have no idea how to assign one to slow and one to fast and switch between them. M1 only allows one mapping. Do I have to do M1 and M2?
Basically the same as described for a modulator. Go back a few replies.
NVM. Figured it out. What a convoluted mess.

Here is how I did it though I am sure there are probably other ways.

Step 1 - Assigned M1 to slow/fast switch
Step 2 - Went into M1 details and duplicated slow/fast switch
Step 3 - Attached mod wheel to M1

3 steps that, for any other synth, is one step.
I just clicked on m1> clicked on + in parameters>fx>rotary>slow/fast switch>ok
click right side of m1>attach midi controller>[defaults to mod wheel so do nothing]>ok

but the beauty with melda is that once someone learns that, they then know where they need to go to set other mappings, or to add additional modulations to m1, or the take advantage of the advanced options on offer like setting ranges, transforming the values etc.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 pm
mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm NVM. I found it but have no idea how to assign one to slow and one to fast and switch between them. M1 only allows one mapping. Do I have to do M1 and M2?
Basically the same as described for a modulator. Go back a few replies.
NVM. Figured it out. What a convoluted mess.

Multiparameters can be used to Record Multiple parameters in one go. You don't need to duplicate anything. There's a quick learn and then there's a Learn mode record which lets you record all the parameters you need to map to one Multiparamter. Essentially a macro. I learnt this from watching just one video, by Chandler. I think you can spare an hour to watch the videos Chandler as well as Melda have posted and it should help you a lot in deciphering Melda UI a lot. It's a worthwhile investment of time, given that you've been using Melda plugins for a decent amount of time now and still ask very rudimentary questions. Also more so because you're trying to create a commercial sound bank out of it.
Last edited by exponent1 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I must say I really started to appreciate the Melda framework only after I've watched and understood those 3 playlists.

Multiparameters https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7ZjHJ9XeGX

Modulators https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Qs72DiC8VX

Crossovers https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7qJcMqvDMR

I would consider them essential to actually use Melds's stuff productively.
The crossovers... I only thought it was simple frequency splitting but that is only a small part.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 pm NVM. Figured it out. What a convoluted mess.

It makes total non sense for Melda to design another UI when the current one is so much consistent.

IMHO it seems like one is driving full speed into making a library w/o knowing very well the product. How many design flaws can be passed in this approach to users ? And if so, how many could be told that it's all because of Melda ?

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 pm
mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am I never said I feel fragile about my music , again you're assuming something I never said . And someone's musical adventures has nothing to do with this thread .,
Of course, obviously you never did. How could you ?

"Here is my music and I feel fragile about it."

It's simply derived from your comments.

I wouldn't use the word "again" if I were you, though. Although for that, drama should be clearly tossed aside.

Drama is almost necessary for music. That's how we build expectations and deliver what's expected, for instance. In simple casual exchanges though, not so much.
That my friend is a false quote , you either quoted someone else or you just made it up .
Direct me to the page please , or admit your an effin fraud

It's time to block you
It was not a quote. A quote is structured in the following way if you haven't noticed:
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 pm (text here)
Or alternatively:
gentleclockdivider wrote: (text here)
You might have not noticed, but that's how it is.

The text above, which was in italics :

"Here is my music and I feel fragile about it"

Is a parody.

One does not seem to be fully alert, isn't it ?

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:24 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 pm NVM. Figured it out. What a convoluted mess.

It makes total non sense for Melda to design another UI when the current one is so much consistent.

IMHO it seems like one is driving full speed into making a library w/o knowing very well the product. How many design flaws can be passed in this approach to users ? And if so, how many could be told that it's all because of Melda ?
Except one doesn't need to be a designer to use a preset. That's why they're presets. What does it matter HOW the preset was made as long as the end user gets it to do what it's supposed to do? It's not like my so called "design flaws" are going to add system resources, CPU consumption or anything like that. As long as I get the modulators to do to the patch what they're supposed to do, that's all that matters. Not HOW I put them together, which is totally irrelevant.

_al_ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 pm
mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm read and possibly ask in the Melda KVR forum where much more details can be found (surprisingly ?)
Wow, you're even trying to start an argument with another melda fan.
you really are something else :lol:
Hey, one suggests to go read and possibly ask in the Melda forum and it is perceived as starting an argument.

:P

You placed actual quote marks around a statement (NOW it's a "parody", which is also just incorrect usage), so it's a failure of alertness to take actual hard quote marks as indicating what it is designed to do?
The KVR quote function is not the thing in itself, it highlights an actual quote by inserting a user name and now a link if you leave it be, along w. internally including time of the post. To state that this is the definition of quoting is ludicrous and shows the extent to which you'll go to win a fight regarding a rather trivial matter. You're using an awful lot of space here to argue about something that's just subjective, and it's intellectual dishonesty on parade.

mute-worthy no doubt
Last edited by jancivil on Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 pm Except one doesn't need to be a designer to use a preset. That's why they're presets. What does it matter HOW the preset was made as long as the end user gets it to do what it's supposed to do? It's not like my so called "design flaws" are going to add system resources, CPU consumption or anything like that. As long as I get the modulators to do to the patch what they're supposed to do, that's all that matters. Not HOW I put them together, which is totally irrelevant.
Is one thus basically saying that one will not add user interface elements to one's presets ?
One surely know, those darn Multi Parameters ?

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:36 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:29 pm Except one doesn't need to be a designer to use a preset. That's why they're presets. What does it matter HOW the preset was made as long as the end user gets it to do what it's supposed to do? It's not like my so called "design flaws" are going to add system resources, CPU consumption or anything like that. As long as I get the modulators to do to the patch what they're supposed to do, that's all that matters. Not HOW I put them together, which is totally irrelevant.
Is one thus basically saying that one will not add user interface elements to one's presets ?
Actually, one doesn't know what devices or instruments are from MSF perspective. So these are going to be sounds/presets the fortunate buyer of the presets are to use as is in a complex synth like MSF without having a devices mapping :hihi: I will surely buy these presets no matter how much they cost :hihi: .

jancivil wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm You placed actual quote marks around a statement you want someone to own, I don't think it's a failure of alertness to take actual hard quote marks as indicating what it is designed to do. The KVR quote function is not the thing in itself, it highlights an actual quote by inserting a user name and now a link if you leave it be, internally incl time of the post additionally. To state that this is the definition of quoting is ludicrous and shows the extent to which you'll go to win a fight regarding a rather trivial matter. You're using an awful lot of space here to argue about something that's just subjective, and it's intellectual dishonesty on parade.

mute-worthy no doubt
Nope. All quotes are made here using the KVR way to do them, which is provided by the software. To suggest anything else and moreover to jump to any conclusions so aptly, is not really honest.

Especially in this case when 1) the quoting mechanism was not used and 2) the previous sentence says the contrary, that the user did not say that.

This was intended as a total parody.

jancivil wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm You placed actual quote marks around a statement (NOW it's a "parody", which is also just incorrect usage), so it's a failure of alertness to take actual hard quote marks as indicating what it is designed to do?
The KVR quote function is not the thing in itself, it highlights an actual quote by inserting a user name and now a link if you leave it be, along w. internally including time of the post. To state that this is the definition of quoting is ludicrous and shows the extent to which you'll go to win a fight regarding a rather trivial matter. You're using an awful lot of space here to argue about something that's just subjective, and it's intellectual dishonesty on parade.

mute-worthy no doubt
In his/her defence, the followup line did say that this is the derived/implied meaning.
mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am I never said I feel fragile about my music , again you're assuming something I never said . And someone's musical adventures has nothing to do with this thread .,
Of course, obviously you never did. How could you ?

"Here is my music and I feel fragile about it."

It's simply derived from your comments.

I wouldn't use the word "again" if I were you, though. Although for that, drama should be clearly tossed aside.

Drama is almost necessary for music. That's how we build expectations and deliver what's expected, for instance. In simple casual exchanges though, not so much.
Now back to the synth topics. Is there a way to quick MIDI learn only 1 parameter/knob without using the multiparameters?
Last edited by exponent1 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

exponent1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:39 pm Actually, one doesn't know what devices or instruments are from MSF perspective. So these are going to be sounds/presets the fortunate buyer of the presets are to use as is in a complex synth like MSF without having a devices mapping :hihi: I will surely buy these presets no matter how much they cost :hihi: .
Yep. That's what it might turn out to be, if the current trend continues. After all it _has_ to be like any other well-known synth. It _cannot_ be otherwise.

yes, but in standard use, the "" indicates a quote.
hence them being called quote marks :shrug:

you may not have intended it as such, but to say the fault is with the reader is wrong ;)

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:36 pm
I make no assumptions about what a consumer does with my presets beyond pulling one up and placing it in a track of music. If they want to make changes to the presets I create, that's their business but not my concern. My business is making presets for people who don't want to program sounds themselves and just want to pull something up and use it in a song. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Return to “Instruments”