FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

Niowiad wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:51 pm Yes, it is possible.
First, a multiparameter must learn the SLOW-FAST switch, then the modwheel is assigned to that multiparameter from the MSF's midi settings menu.
It sounds complicated but the process doesn't take more than 20 seconds.
Okay, let's take this from the beginning. Where is the multi parameter menu? I can't find anything.

NVM. I found it but have no idea how to assign one to slow and one to fast and switch between them. M1 only allows one mapping. Do I have to do M1 and M2?

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm NVM. I found it but have no idea how to assign one to slow and one to fast and switch between them. M1 only allows one mapping. Do I have to do M1 and M2?
Basically the same as described for a modulator. Go back a few replies.

The MRotary plugin (and now module) always had a different issue for me, as it can only alternate between SLOW-FAST, and I much prefer SLOW-STOP-FAST.

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:00 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm NVM. I found it but have no idea how to assign one to slow and one to fast and switch between them. M1 only allows one mapping. Do I have to do M1 and M2?
Basically the same as described for a modulator. Go back a few replies.
NVM. Figured it out. What a convoluted mess.

Here is how I did it though I am sure there are probably other ways.

Step 1 - Assigned M1 to slow/fast switch
Step 2 - Went into M1 details and duplicated slow/fast switch
Step 3 - Attached mod wheel to M1

3 steps that, for any other synth, is one step.

_al_ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pmWell I haven't bought any Melda intruments, and it looks like that aint gonna change at this rate.
Oh, and if he stops the intro price, and THEN adds a sampler, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off lol.
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactory
However it can already be used by creative minds looking for an extremely powerful instrument. The only necessary module needed to be added to the first official release is a sampler, so please stay in tune.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:55 pm
First, a multiparameter must learn the SLOW-FAST switch, then the modwheel is assigned to that multiparameter from the MSF's midi settings menu.
Okay, let's take this from the beginning. Where is the multi parameter menu? I can't find anything.
Once again I'll direct you attention to my videos, explicitly designed to provide what beginners to MSF and Melda need to know and will have a hard time finding elsewhere, based on 3 months of intensive effort to fill all the gaps in the existing instructional material that I pored over during that time, often at the expense of my own head of hair. #2 is entirely about MPs and it's entirely about MSF, unlike the official Melda video on the subject, below, which is 3 years old, but still somewhat useful, even though it completely leaves out the Manage MPs panel…which maybe didn't even exist back then…? So, less than 10 minutes of video, or days of hair pulling?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QJczjG3beA

Here's the official one, still offered on the Melda site as the current best answer on MPs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 7PuwSR-Knc

Question for you: Are you planning a library of Global Presets, or of Instruments?

David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 pm
Once again I'll direct you attention to my videos, explicitly designed to provide what beginners to MSF and Melda need to know and will have a hard time finding elsewhere, based on 3 months of intensive effort to fill all the gaps in the existing instructional material that I pored over during that time, often at the expense of my own head of hair. #2 is entirely about MPs and it's entirely about MSF, unlike the official Melda video on the subject, below, which is 3 years old, but still somewhat useful, even though it completely leaves out the Manage MPs panel…which maybe didn't even exist back then…? So, less than 10 minutes of video, or days of hair pulling?

Here's the official one, still offered on the Melda site as the current best answer on MPs.

Question for you: Are planning a library of Global Presets, or of Instruments?
I am planning a library of just plain old presets that you find in any other synth. As to what an "Instrument" is, don't know nor do I care to know. This thing is confusing enough as it is.

Reluctantly, I will watch the video out of pure desperation.

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am I never said I feel fragile about my music , again you're assuming something I never said . And someone's musical adventures has nothing to do with this thread .,
Of course, obviously you never did. How could you ?

"Here is my music and I feel fragile about it."

It's simply derived from your comments.

I wouldn't use the word "again" if I were you, though. Although for that, drama should be clearly tossed aside.

Drama is almost necessary for music. That's how we build expectations and deliver what's expected, for instance. In simple casual exchanges though, not so much.
That my friend is a false quote , you either quoted someone else or you just made it up .
Direct me to the page please , or admit your an effin fraud

It's time to block you
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 pm
mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:31 am I never said I feel fragile about my music , again you're assuming something I never said . And someone's musical adventures has nothing to do with this thread .,
Of course, obviously you never did. How could you ?

"Here is my music and I feel fragile about it."

It's simply derived from your comments.

I wouldn't use the word "again" if I were you, though. Although for that, drama should be clearly tossed aside.

Drama is almost necessary for music. That's how we build expectations and deliver what's expected, for instance. In simple casual exchanges though, not so much.
That my friend is a false quote , you either quoted someone else or you just made it up .
Direct me to the page please , or admit your an effin fraud

It's time to block you
Not that I'm taking a side in this nonsense, but mevla didn't say that you said that - it was clearly an illustration of what you would have had to say. When they mevla said "derived" I think they meant "implied".

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm read and possibly ask in the Melda KVR forum where much more details can be found (surprisingly ?)
Wow, you're even trying to start an argument with another melda fan.
you really are something else :lol:

Oh, and don't waste your valuable time responding to this please, I probably wont read it :lol:

I am planning a library of just plain old presets that you find in any other synth. As to what an "Instrument" is, don't know nor do I care to know. This thing is confusing enough as it is.
I see, thanks.

Perhaps I'm not typical, but I do buy 3rd party libraries, and (fwiw) what I mostly want from them (since I never met a sound I didn't want to change, especially those I like), is very rarely some particular sound I've heard in a demo.

It's almost always because I want to take apart a whole bunch of examples showing how someone who has presumably mastered the synth I want help with, works with it, and what they know about it that I haven't yet discovered. I know that an experienced sound-maker can certainly do cool stuff with MSF without understanding how it actually works (I did, from the first moments of ever seeing it), but still, that seems a strange way to proceed for a for-sale sound library—to me. I'm not implying you don't know your business!

(Just by spelling that out above, I see that I'm very likely not typical of synth-preset buyers, so again: fwiw:) )

David wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Question for you: Are you planning a library of Global Presets, or of Instruments?
No offense, but these videos didn't help me at all. I won't go into detail as to why because I just don't have the patience to do all that typing but here's 2 quick tips.

1. Slow Down
2. Use Speech Instead Of Text

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactory
However it can already be used by creative minds looking for an extremely powerful instrument. The only necessary module needed to be added to the first official release is a sampler, so please stay in tune.
Yeah, but the point of my post was that I wanted to demo the sampler before the introductory price disappeared

No offense, but these videos didn't help me at all.
Sorry to hear it—bon voyage!

Return to “Instruments”