FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

Even when you actually get/buy MDrummer by itself, the sound packs are delivered separately. They consist of substantial downloads and you get to choose which ones you want. I do not have the original archives online, although if I remember well they are in the gigabytes.
_al_ wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pmInstead of a sampler, I get boxes telling me to install Mdrummer soundbanks, and no type of sampler anywhere in MSF.
There's a reason for that. MSF is still in beta and the sampler component is not yet added.

Please read 1) the product page at the official web site and 2) read and possibly ask in the Melda KVR forum where much more details can be found (surprisingly ?)
Last edited by mevla on Fri May 17, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm Even when you actually get/buy MDrummer by itself, the sound packs are delivered separately. They consist of substantial downloads and you get to choose which ones you want. I do not have the original archives online, although if I remember well they are in the gigabytes.
Thanks. Now any answers on Rotary?

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm Thanks. Now any answers on Rotary?
I'd like to help on that although at the moment I do not know what 'Rotary' is. Assigning the modhweel though seems straightforward in general.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:46 pm Moving on. Trying to create an MDrummer based patch. When adding module, a screen pops up telling me I have to install all this stuff. Wasn't MDrummer installed with MSF? If not, having never actually purchased MDrummer am I even able to create an MDrummer based patch? If so, how do I get it?
Download the packs. Note that the essentials pack is mandatory to be installed, it contains the factory data, without which the modules won't work.
Once you have the packs installed (by following the pop-up instructions), you can start using all the MDrummer modules

Okay, MDrummer installed. Now, building a drum kit. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Is there some kind of mapping where I can map a sound to one specific key? There appears to be nothing in the MDrummer interface itself.

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm Thanks. Now any answers on Rotary?
I'd like to help on that although at the moment I do not know what 'Rotary' is. Assigning the modhweel though seems straightforward in general.
Rotary is an FX module just like any other FX module. There are two click boxes in the module. One says slow, and one says fast. It appears the only way to choose between them is to mouse click on them. There are no controls associated with them.

If this is the case, this is a HUGE oversight on Melda's part as simulating a rotary speaker going from slow to fast is basic when doing an organ patch.

About Rotary: Very quickly, not much testing at all, the Slow/Fast switch can be assigned to a modulator, in the regular Melda way. Maybe that's a starting point.

msfRotarySlowFast.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 pm About Rotary: Very quickly, not much testing at all, the Slow/Fast switch can be assigned to a modulator, in the regular Melda way. Maybe that's a starting point.

msfRotarySlowFast.jpg
Well thanks but I have absolutely no idea how to do that with no modulator controls next to the slow/fast switch.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:31 pm Well thanks but I have absolutely no idea how to do that with no modulator controls next to the slow/fast switch.
It seems there's not a way to assign the modwheel to do that. So far.

About the modulator assignment itself: it follows any other modulator assignment. One (have to skip the 'you' pronoun it seems :) ) has to enable record, then wiggle the controls you want to modulate, then edit the result before activating.

In concrete steps (it's explained in at least one video) it means clicking to the right of say MOD1 (circled in the screenshot above) and choosing 'clear and learn'. It will turn to REC. Then moving the wanted controls, in this case clicking on fast/slow, then clicking again on REC which will turn to MOD1. Then clicking on MOD1 to edit speed, range, etc... before activating.

EDIT: changed the verbs to the infinitive to remove any reference to 'you'.

mevla wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:36 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:31 pm Well thanks but I have absolutely no idea how to do that with no modulator controls next to the slow/fast switch.
It seems there's not a way to assign the modwheel to do that. So far.

About the modulator assignment itself: it follows any other modulator assignment. One (have to skip the 'you' pronoun it seems :) ) has to enable record, then wiggle the controls you want to modulate, then edit the result before activating.

In concrete steps (it's explained in at least one video) it means clicking to the right of say MOD1 (circled in the screenshot above) and choosing 'clear and learn'. It will turn to REC. Then moving the wanted controls, in this case clicking on fast/slow, then clicking again on REC which will turn to MOD1. Then clicking on MOD1 to edit speed, range, etc... before activating.

EDIT: changed the verbs to the infinitive to remove any reference to 'you'.
So I can't do what I want to do.

Again, HUGE oversight.

Interesting. It is possible to assign the modwheel using a Multiparameter. Which is basically done in the same way as assigning a modulator. The modwheel is actually a default when one is choosing the 'Assign MIDI...' option of a Multiparameter.

Using a Multiparameter for this makes way much more sense than a modulator. A MP can be in the UI, so it follows that a MP would be used for a UI device such as the modwheel.

I'm discovering at the same time things I did not know about the Melda UI, basically about how to use Melda plugins. It's like a crash course :)

One was saying, about the "HUGE oversight" ? :wink:

None of this answers my question. Can I assign mod wheel to rotary slow/fast? If so, how?

Again, is it clear why I am frustrated with the Melda UI?

Yes, it is possible.
First, a multiparameter must learn the SLOW-FAST switch, then the modwheel is assigned to that multiparameter from the MSF's midi settings menu.
It sounds complicated but the process doesn't take more than 20 seconds.

wagtunes wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:47 pm None of this answers my question. Can I assign mod wheel to rotary slow/fast? If so, how?
I just responded. Use a MP. Done in basically the same way as assigning a modulator.
wagtunes wrote:Again, is it clear why I am frustrated with the Melda UI?
It might be because of a lack of knowledge about how it works. OTOH, the UI is extremely consistent. One learns how to assign a MP, build a user interface for his patch, etc, with one plugin, then the same knowledge can be applied to any other (new) plugin. That's basically what I'm doing.

And in any case, one would build UIs for one's library isn't it ? So the MPs is the way to go.

Return to “Instruments”