DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

D3 043019-1.png
Best thing to do is load Dune 3, select the Initialize Patch, select Swarm, and then Play with the Rate Knob. Your ears will tell you what it's doing more than words or pictures can. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I wonder why there isn't more rave (no pun intended) about Mirko Ruta's new soundset for Dune 3: https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3bigroom.html

I mean, you can argue about the music, definitely not my taste as well, but, the sounds are really nice, and, especially, he showed that Dune 3 is capable of aggressive sounds as well, in the right hands. Unfortunately, it's one of the few soundsets which really show that.

Because there is hardly any rave about soundsets to begin with and originality is far to be found in this one?

Being a dance and house fan, this cookie cutter 'music' makes me puke really.

As i mentioned, i don't like the music either, but, i never heard Dune make such aggressive sounds (as some in the audio demo) so well. He surely did a great job with EQ'ing, saturation and what not, to get some good punch there.

It just shows how many people have confused "Dune 3 can't" with "I can't"...... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well... as i said, you'll need a lot of fx'ing to get there.

I've heard soundsets with similar sounds, which are not as nice.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:30 pm Well... as i said, you'll need a lot of fx'ing to get there.
That's called "sound design". :wink:

Anyway it's a great sound set for D3. I like the Vocorder type sounds as they show what can be done with Wavetables beyond simple waveforms..... :tu:

Really nice synth.

INIT_KS wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:04 pm a little demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2C9krcVU18
Ok, sold! That was an amazing video. I had been planning to upgrade from Dune 2 at some point, but wasn't in a rush. This pushed me over the edge.

The Wave Soundbank By Che For The Synapse Audio - Dune 3 Synthesizer

Hi Dune 3 Software Synthesizer Users, Music makers, Artists & Aliens.
For me as a musician ' Dune 3 ' is a great instrument. It's fun to
make music and experience music with the Dune 3. The sound,
the usability and the Graphical user interface are a dream.

Dune 3 is one of the best Virtual Synthesizers
that were ever built on this earth.

Thanks to the Synapse Audio - Dune 3 Team,
for this innovative fantastic Synthesizer.

The ' Wave Soundbank by Che for ' The Synpase Audio - Dune 3 ' - Details:

- Inside the Download you get : 1 Free Soundbank " THE WAVE " with 150 Presets
- Genres: Dance - Trance - New Wave - Electro - Mallet - Modern Synth Music
- Styles: Arpeggios - Basses - Top Leads - Pads - New Waves - Sequences
- Format / File Size: Soundbank Presets (*. FXB) 2,5 MB
- Format / File Size: Wavetables (*. WT) 57 MB
- For: Synapse Audio - Dune 3 v3.05 or newer
- Note: Use 120 BPM (Beats Per Minute)
- Mod Wheel assigned on every patch
- Comes with: Info / Intsall Document
- Release Date: May 2019
- Price: Free - Gift

24 x AR (Arpeggio), 06 x AT (Atmosphere), 03 x BS (Bass), 12 x CH (Chord),
05 x FX (Effect), 13 x LD (Lead), 04 x MA (Mallet), 01 x OR (Organ),
02 x PD (Pad), 04 x PL (Plucked), 61 x SQ (Sequence), 15 x TX (Texture)

Sonic Sirius - Synthesizer Soundsets
Freeware Soundsets for Software and Hardware Synthesizer
http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/

Royalty Free Soundset License
All ' Sonic Sirius ' Freeware Soundsets they can be used commercially in
things like movies, games, and anything else you might need a cool
sound for. You may not however redistribute them for a profit.

FREE DOWNLOAD
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-wa ... nic-sirius
Last edited by Future1313 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:06 pm
nachenko wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:36 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm I bought Dune 3 after downloading the demos of all the famous synths. I just couldn't believe the sound quality, I was absolutely floored.

...I think most of the EDM kids are semi deaf and can't really recognize quality when they hear it. Honorable exception is Diva and a few other analog emulations.
I understand what you say, but this is a bit unfair. People evaluate quality comparing to what they know, and most people don't have access to high end stuff long enough to train their ears.

But for that very reason, you have to take any online opinion quite carefully.

Dune 3 was the first soft synth that made me say "I don't miss my hardware anymore". It took the most part of a year demoing pretty much everything. There are plenty of "good" synths out there, but if you're aiming for the absolute best, the list becomes short fast.

I've come to the point of even considering getting hardware again.

I'm curious about other emulations you tried, specially if you demoed some Roland Cloud stuff.
You're right about people not having access to high end audio equipment, that's why I think they are so impressed when they hear some synths that, in my opinion, do not have a pleasant sound and/or don't respond in a musical manner when you play them on a keyboard. A lot of people making music don't actually play an instrument, they just program stuff in their DAW's or even use MIDI loops.

I tried TAL Uno-Lx, Diva and The Legend. They're all great but they'e very good emulations of real synths as opposed to being their own thing. But the "modern" synths, the ones that are not emulating anything, in my opinion don't come close to being as musical and pleasant sounding as Diva and The Legend (except for Dune). A lot of them are extremely harsh and lacking in the bottom end and the presets sound like they are actually trying to annoy the listener. I tried emulating the sound and (specially) the response of Dune in some of them to no avail. Even when turning off the "retrigger" option, adding some tuning drift, making sure that velocity is affecting volume and filter, etc. They're just disappointing. I am having a lot of fun with Cobalt (a free one) and Studio One's Mai Tai and I actually think Reason's Europa sounds pretty nice and musical so is not like I hate all of them.
You should try pigments

IMHO. Synapse Audio's DUNE 3 is the best sounding VST Synth I have used, and I have purchased a lot of Soft Synths over the years, most of them don't impress me, especially when compared to HW Synths.

If I had to choose only one VST Synth, I would easily choose DUNE 3. It is very versatile, and has that presence, and warmth, and Fat sound of a real hardware Synth. Be it analog, or digital. It is also very sweet and musical sounding (not harsh, tinny, and annoying like so many VST Synths I have come across). Simply put it's my primary go to VST Synth.

I don't have Synapse Audio's The Legend, but then... I have the real MOOG Model D :) , I'm still thinking about purchasing 'The Legend' since it offers a Polyphonic version of the Model D. But I'm still not sure I need it.

I think the secrets of Dune's great sound are the EQs, the filters, and especially the effects.

That’s why I will buy Dune3 when it contains an fx version of it so I can apply the eq’s, filters and fx to my other instruments. Is it on the roadmap?

C-quence wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:12 am That’s why I will buy Dune3 when it contains an fx version of it so I can apply the eq’s, filters and fx to my other instruments. Is it on the roadmap?
Best place to post is here:

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... 7b8f74b892

Return to “Instruments”