FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

bmanic wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:57 pm

How do I modulate the Envelope modulators output amount with modwheel?

Example: I have a filter as target for the envelope. I want 100% modwheel to mean that the envelope stops modulating the filter. I haven't been able to figure out this rather simple thing.
OK, in previous replies, I was just reporting on my rummaging around in MSF trying to do this; I found some ways but they were fiddly and I didn't really get all the options, etc. Sorry about those….

After a little YT surfing for Melda tutorials, AFAICTell now, this video shows the most direct, easiest to adjust way to assign any MIDI controller to anything, in general, as well as how to set the range, direction, etc.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmzLMcPilM

To control the Depth knob on any Per Voice Mod's Modulation panel, I can't see any alternative to first creating a MP for it, as I can't find that particular control in the MIDI panel's extensive list of directly controllable parameters.

But once you do that, it's easy to assign the Modwheel to the MP and set it as you describe, in the MIDI Settings panel the video describes.

Here's a code example of a Preset with the modwheel fading the filter env. depth to 0 as it moves up:

Code: Select all

$eNq9WN9z2jgQfuev0CivDVj+AXgG02mAZJg7Ahdo0nvqKPYCngqJk2Qu9KF-+40sDCYU4vRu7oWRtLuf9ltJu2s6H19WDG1AqlTwCJO6gxHwWCQpX0Q40-PrNv7YrXVGU5Hx5JbGWsitAq1TvlDoKsIEo6s7mvJxpiN87dVbfuiTIHTCwDMSJp4pG8eabkBF+Jrs19SMPufWvUxK4HoiQYEe9iN8Q5X60ROrNYOXH+MEkBboKU0SBhKjQZJqIafpd4gwCdrND6HjllcHVG2NxG9+aIZNjH5-mK5ZqjXkUhJh0nTDeitsB27ok9dyN8I+IXXXIX7LCdptjEYZ0+mESroCDVL1BGN0rSCJsIPRA+WJWKXfQRp3gSuq8yg6GD0WEW0HJGy2cbczzZ4nLFukfBfEbsdOp8fBnAKDWENihRF2PgS4UFXFAN1mjN3TFUR4rOKUMaqFRASjEVXfhtaD12KMvuTrf5rfM5tffeapErwPOuMQYadOgv3igNNnBmU1u1IKyUH0KNLYHLhriC-pGtB0NphMHgbTwSz3YkNZZsA83Oh2GsfO7Bcu03WP6JphfgfdM9RJTp28Qf0nnN5gQN7JYARyAflhDfk600OewAvJXcjnUw2U2XnBziuGuazE0EJhNM50Cck8sv1Ru2f4NioG2fuVIHv-VZB-KbLu-xNZ-yzJvtw+gTbPp305zrcp0-YqlOelPYILe6Sb-IW65oXemsxtBn+YJd+MplRnsshHdc8gjcb9q1vUExnXOUgf1nppg--glNaVjJ0ID-jGePbi5Lt4vtcKcjY5yqVzaeyT1anOSRKslfLil8op0bmYEidLqsphtfNK+W8XEqdOwtBEcURfbiX8FWGv7jnEccMwDJpNI0i5Fbj1puM6QRiGxDMVT215bLHMiAFf6OXXr-Yhjob94YMpc41uR-3r695bCpmpA007L9EkFWj6pjS925dqR-ylW+sM+IagT1rT+FtxW6eZ0tSco-FvJmElmDj3+I25RXGr6LrdWse2F+b2HrZ13HaLkKZDfD-wMXoABlSBlZQ9cupNNwhC33NJ0Aredm+-V7fWsc0AMTaUq7mQq-z1ocH9Y2Fk00GhWJi4VU3cvYlX1cTbm-hVTfxurfMbbFVMGVRgc1A9mLnVzQynR2AiTnXlLV-pvwJw3wlQ9uC1au0AZfpTlUm4pJLqeHkDPLmgMxLJ0xKAXVCZpatnCS3-gsqNBKqXjntBZfCyNh6nghNyQe1eaBjP56cadyxNwN77E1lPcC0FYyDVafvehznNmMbdkpqDbMm3PaJJYQ+ULyAvuEO+AWkLz77P3uVtMzXl-NG2Wk49r0AHWIJ6S8o5MPshsV-Pu7KjLc8gH6G559HcCmjeMZp3Hs2rgOYfo-ln0VpBBTRyjBacR2u+P27N82it98etdR6tXTVujdIFNd+ux99w3VcLBO2u7O6aEYzupMjWEb4DDjJvg69R0asdhtfIdAAZ8HiLViJBGN19Htov0ZFIIML3JgMxjI5n1tu8AmM0XcPuW3L6t8kes9QInd2Vt4Y3WzRPpdJoXXhs6noxLr8m-yQo72OArtHOr+LF2Y7vOFwnKybGn2KdbsBmAVR09jMJlo2Jiq33PaphIeR2qGE15HNhzt5mkFMrS8G48GlikY035Z3M4eYeuN3OONMj1E-VmtHtiL6kq2y1I-CUJno56namIpMxoImEec4--4vDUixUGgVcrdP42V8eqlv7B532esw=
And here's a screen grab of the panels I used:

dionenoid wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:20 pm
David wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:45 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 pm Can somebody give me an example where latency with MSF causes a problem? I'd like to see if I can duplicate it here because I never have latency problems with anything other than a few Waves plugins that have live versions of them in case latency is a problem.
There's more discussion about this here, with replies from Vojtech, page 3:

viewtopic.php?f=138&t=524921&start=30

No specific examples of modules or presets, tho…
Every fx that has a Multi-Mode. For example MDistortionMB, try one of the Multi-mode presets if you wanna hear an extreme example.

The Unison fx causes latency too. You can immediately hear that one on short attack sounds.

And latency compensation in your daw doesn't fix it. As confirmed by Mr. Melda himself.
Well then pardon my French but then what the hell good is this thing? If I can't avoid latency with live playing of parts, which means I'd have to piano roll them in, then it's worthless to me as a recording musician.

How the hell do they let something like this just slip on by?

Guess I won't be getting this after all.

FFS.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 pm Can somebody give me an example where latency with MSF causes a problem? I'd like to see if I can duplicate it here because I never have latency problems with anything other than a few Waves plugins that have live versions of them in case latency is a problem.

Every fx that has a Multi-Mode. For example MDistortionMB, try one of the Multi-mode presets if you wanna hear an extreme example.

The Unison fx causes latency too. You can immediately hear that one on short attack sounds.

And latency compensation in your daw doesn't fix it. As confirmed by Mr. Melda himself.
Well then pardon my French but then what the hell good is this thing? If I can't avoid latency with live playing of parts, which means I'd have to piano roll them in, then it's worthless to me as a recording musician.

FFS.
I wonder if these plugins introduce latency separately? I don't have MUnison but would it have the same issue if I added it after a VST instrument in my DAW and played live?

I might be wrong but I don't know if using piano roll changes anything, the synth is still reading notes in real time.

My impression is, many Melda effects have been created (with very high sound quality standards) and not thought for live playing.
MSoundFactory puts everything in by default, and at least at the moment it's up to the user to decide what can and can't be done with some modules (as said in an earlier example, the unison is ok with slow attack, not ok with long attack).

That's a showstopper. The missing latency compensation easily will lead to timing issues within a song when MSF is used, not only for playing live. Well, saying "only use these fx when you have non plucked sounds" at least makes MSF one of its kind :D Up to each if that's good.

Dont forget its an (early?) beta. Relax. Let the guy code.

rlared wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:50 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:38 pm

FFS.
I wonder if these plugins introduce latency separately? I don't have MUnison but would it have the same issue if I added it after a VST instrument in my DAW and played live?
I use MUnison for vocals and there's no latency.

Niowiad wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:54 pm I might be wrong but I don't know if using piano roll changes anything, the synth is still reading notes in real time.

My impression is, many Melda effects have been created (with very high sound quality standards) and not thought for live playing.
MSoundFactory puts everything in by default, and at least at the moment it's up to the user to decide what can and can't be done with some modules (as said in an earlier example, the unison is ok with slow attack, not ok with long attack).
Certainly there can't be any latency when rendering to audio file.

plexuss wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:09 pm Dont forget its an (early?) beta. Relax. Let the guy code.
He already wrote it is how it is...

DocSnyder wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 pm
plexuss wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:09 pm Dont forget its an (early?) beta. Relax. Let the guy code.
Which means it's not going to be fixed.

What a f*****g mess.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:12 pm

What a f*****g mess.
Don't know. Some tried to explain it's a basic problem of the melda modular approach. Personally never experienced this with any other synth or modular synth.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:12 pm

What a f*****g mess.
tell him in the melda forum, he can at least tell you if he intends to fix it or not :shrug:
its in beta for a reason i guess ;)

I use regularly Melda plugins. I use them in Bitwig with an handicap: an extra layer of software to perform the Windows to Linux bridge. Never noticed any latency problem. This said, I do find that MPS (not MSF so far, short time) is lagging regarding the MIDI keyboard input, when compared to other synths, but that's the default velocity curve which is editable. I mentioned it in the Melda KVR forum.

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:12 pm Which means it's not going to be fixed.

What a f*****g mess.
All that development and you call that a mess ? OK, drama is needed to make good pop tunes, but that's a bit displaced regarding the amount of SW development that went into this so far.

mevla wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:26 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:12 pm Which means it's not going to be fixed.

What a f*****g mess.
All that development and you call that a mess ? OK, drama is needed to make good pop tunes, but that's a bit displaced regarding the amount of SW development that went into this so far.
Except if you can't use the software in practical application what good is it?

Return to “Instruments”