FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

JunSev wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:42 pm Msoundfactory will receive unlimited free updates for life and the set of features, effects, generators is huge, so despite that it has perhaps an "unconventional" method to do things, it is a great deal, more you use it, more easier and familiar you get with it.
When working with different plugins (I'd not consider MSF nor any other synth the one and only tool one needs or should use) it's a big workflow killer for me to get disrupted from the flow. That was always a problem with melda plugins, I tried them and often wanted to use them in projects to give them a chance, but it completely stopped me in being creative (not talking about the look which is another story).

I first thought for MSF/MXXX this style would be good, but I still cannot wrap my head around it. The Arp was a good example for it being too unintuitive for me. And now reading that it does not report latency or cannot compensate for it is quite a step back too for modern instruments. Like even Avenger which does have a good amount of fx included with latency, is effortlessly able to do that. If that and other small things are problems in MSF due to its architecture then this is not thought through very well, sorry.

Avenger is not a fully modular Synth system. It has a very different approach compared to MSF and UVI Falcon.

True, but that doesn't matter when it's about compensating latency anywhere in the chain for every osc or simple latency reporting.

does it come with some Gb of sounds at all or it is just plain modular system software for sound designers?

obviosly it is beast for sound designers but for producers i am not sure

yes need to demo it but still in beta

Can somebody give me an example where latency with MSF causes a problem? I'd like to see if I can duplicate it here because I never have latency problems with anything other than a few Waves plugins that have live versions of them in case latency is a problem.

deejay2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:05 pm there is no video which will tell me what is it i am actually buying....
No official intro video (yet), but there's this, which tries to be exactly that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFZmMDEYzB0

Also search youtube with: #msoundfactory

There's a LOT of detailed videos focusing on specific modules with MSF.
deejay2 wrote:any presets there...or do i need to have all other melda plugins to be this tool any usefull?
There's two main kinds of preset (as explained in that first video above): Global, and Instrument. As the screen-grab shows, now there are many globals, only two instruments. There will eventually be many more of both kinds.

EDIT: SORRY!! There are in fact FOUR Instruments in the current version, the other two shown below—and there are quite amazing, don't miss!

Last edited by David on Sun May 12, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:26 pm FOund another bug
When using 2 sine oscillators into a merge module set to FM mode
The first portion (cycles ) of the resulting output misses the negative parts of the waveform ( see screenshot ) , resulting is a low res sounding attack portion .
Oversampling doesn't cure the problem .
modulating the depth is also verry noisy ( sample accurate event processing is on )
I would report that directly to Vojtech, here:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/contact
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

deejay2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:27 pm does it come with some Gb of sounds at all or it is just plain modular system software for sound designers?

obviosly it is beast for sound designers but for producers i am not sure

yes need to demo it but still in beta
Those Sounds are only required if you want to use the MDrummer modules. Apart from there everything is pure synthesis and you don't need any samples and yes, it's a modular system for sound designers.

Instant crash too when using MRingmodulatorMB. Anyways can someone tell me the logic behind MPowersynth and the Drummer modules being listed in the fx section, not under generator?

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 pm Can somebody give me an example where latency with MSF causes a problem? I'd like to see if I can duplicate it here because I never have latency problems with anything other than a few Waves plugins that have live versions of them in case latency is a problem.
Try the Limiter plug-in in MSF FX section. Its equivalent plug-in (MLimiterX) has a plug-in delay of 22 samples. MSF does not report that to the host (even after clicking the {Panic] button (next to [Settings]).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

wagtunes wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 pm Can somebody give me an example where latency with MSF causes a problem? I'd like to see if I can duplicate it here because I never have latency problems with anything other than a few Waves plugins that have live versions of them in case latency is a problem.
There's more discussion about this here, with replies from Vojtech, page 3:

viewtopic.php?f=138&t=524921&start=30

No specific examples of modules or presets, tho…

The unison fx module is the one I've been noticing the most for latency
Not an issue on slow attack sounds, definitely to avoid if a fast attack is needed.

Here's a 20% off code for new customers: MELDA2608397

David wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:45 pm
There's more discussion about this here, with replies from Vojtech, page 3:

viewtopic.php?f=138&t=524921&start=30

No specific examples of modules or presets, tho…
Every fx that has a Multi-Mode. For example MDistortionMB, try one of the Multi-mode presets if you wanna hear an extreme example.

The Unison fx causes latency too. You can immediately hear that one on short attack sounds.

And latency compensation in your daw doesn't fix it. As confirmed by Mr. Melda himself.
More BPM please

i got to say i am having a blast in MSF(MXXX1 to be precise)
made this drone/pad kind of sound with basic sine wave , saw wave with the granular effect and the noise shaper
got to say this is will be my drone machine for years to come now

http://chirb.it/esymNB

PS. yes MSF itself dosent report the latency caused by spectral delay
but after putting it in MXXX and later adding mspectral delay reports the latency of the spectral delay .
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”