FYI!! Melda SoundFactory ON SALE til JUNE 30

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MSoundFactory MSoundFactory Sound Library

If it's cheap it must be good XD

Tilly wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:11 am If it's cheap it must be good XD
Well, to be honest, I watched the one video and what I heard didn't sound all that great. In fact, it sounded like a mess. Granted the person was just fooling around, but I didn't hear anything that made me go "I gotta get this thing."

I can only agree with you here. I watched several demo videos because it already was praised as the ultimate thing that can do all and everything. But so far it wasn't satisfying at all, neither soundwise nor workflow wise. I'm interested in seeing the top notch sound designers handling this, because without good presets, I bet it stays a niche product.

Tilly wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:24 am I can only agree with you here. I watched several demo videos because it already was praised as the ultimate thing that can do all and everything. But so far it wasn't satisfying at all, neither soundwise nor workflow wise. I'm interested in seeing the top notch sound designers handling this, because without good presets, I bet it stays a niche product.
Well, as an owner of MPowerSynth, Melda's sound is one of extreme digitalness. Now there's a place for that kind of sound but for most applications, I find their synth way too harsh and cold. I don't expect MSF to be any different based on what I heard.

David wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 pm In case anyone's got no idea what this is, in short it's:

MPowerSynth, MXXX, virtually ALL the individual Melda FX, and huge number of new osc types (WT, PModeling, etc.), and soon to include complex and basic sampling, all rolled into one modular-like, indeed-and-true SUPER synth.
Wait, it has all this in it without the need for additional licenses? And it can load samples? Not interested in this synth since i can do all in synthmaster, but if true, there would be no need for the total bundle anymore and that is a bargain.
Last edited by XxEDxX on Fri May 10, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well I like clean and clear sounds and if I want to apply some dirty effects and make it sound analog I can already create something with saturations, chorus, distortions, convolution and more available in the massive effects section. Just to add, please don't judge never Melda's products by the presets or some demos, you might be disappointed depending on your needs; they are quite versatile pluggins but sometimes is better to start from Init if you're after something especific or unique.

If the ones that do it for living or are in the meldaverse cant get good sounds out of it then how am i supposed to?

Tilly wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:49 am If the ones that do it for living or are in the meldaverse cant get good sounds out of it then how am i supposed to?
No, I can get beautiful sounds from it when I know what I'm looking for, maybe you should admit you don't like Melda pluggins overall, the fact that your account is so recent and many of your post are only talking negatively about Melda or recomend always other options when Melda is mentioned says something...

And I have seen this same attitude in different products and the same situations, I don't know.

This is a generous upgrade and Melda quality is clean high quality, just different tastes.

JunSev wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:57 am
Tilly wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:49 am If the ones that do it for living or are in the meldaverse cant get good sounds out of it then how am i supposed to?
No, I can get beautiful sounds from it when I know what I'm looking for, maybe you should admit you don't like Melda pluggins overall, the fact that your account is so recent and many of your post are only talking negatively about Melda or recomend always other options when Melda is mentioned says something...

And I have seen this same attitude in different products and the same situations, I don't know.

This is a generous upgrade and Melda quality is clean high quality, just different tastes.
Yeah, MPowerSynth is probably the cleanest, clearest sounding synth I own. If anything, you need to add a lot of saturation and other things to "dirty" it up. But make no mistake about it, look up the word "digital" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of a Melda synth next to the definition. It's great for some things. Not so great for others.

I have MPowerSynth. tried the demo of MSF. From what I saw so far they just brought over the presets in MPS to MSF. I compared a few and they sound identical, which makes sense from what I understand MSF is supposed to be - its supposed roll MPS together with more. I saw something about MDrummer in the UI somewhere but I am not sure what of that is implemented.

So from an upgrade from MPS I guess you are getting with MSF, MPS plus more, plus the whole matrix approach. I guess it comes down to how much you use MPS. Maybe MSF would get more use making an update also worthwhile. This is what's going through my mind anyway... :phones:

JunSev wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:57 am ...
Congrats you played yourself :tu:

Omfg.. I just upgraded to it for 30€.. Heart attack is near 😂

XxEDxX wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:40 am
David wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:34 pm In case anyone's got no idea what this is, in short it's:

MPowerSynth, MXXX, virtually ALL the individual Melda FX, and huge number of new osc types (WT, PModeling, etc.), and soon to include complex and basic sampling, all rolled into one modular-like, indeed-and-true SUPER synth.
Wait, it has all this in it without the need for additional licenses? And it can load samples? Not interested in this synth since i can do all in synthmaster, but if true, there would be no need for the total bundle anymore and that is a bargain.
As far as I understand, MSF is packaged so it can't directly process audio as an FX (no audio inputs), so all the other standalone Melda effects still have sense to be bought separately.
And again as far as I understand, it can't load samples right now but a proper sampler module is to be added with top priority for the actual/final product release.

About SynthMaster 2, I'd like to think I know that synth inside-out and I really love it.
With that said, no way it can do more than a small fraction of the stuff MSF does both on the "sound generators" compartment, extreme modulation capabilities and built in effects.
The amount of stuff this thing contains in a single package is almost overwhelming.
And this is the point, MSF feels like it could be overkill for most applications, and I guess on most occasions simpler and "faster" synths might be the better choice.
On the other side, for the most complex and experimental stuff it seems truly amazing and provides an insane amount of control on the sound being created.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:20 am Omfg.. I just upgraded to it for 30€.. Heart attack is near 😂
What products do you have to qualify for 30€ ?

whats up with all those sale announcements in here, people there is Bargain section here:

viewforum.php?f=43

Return to “Instruments”