1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm i think with leakage of stool, there could be other clues...
Well im just letting you know the internet is a powerful tool if you know your symptoms.

im old school, got a doctor :tu:

vurt wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:31 pm im old school, got a doctor :tu:
Well, I wish you a quick contraction.

i thank you :)

Dude, youve made consistently 7.4 post a day for 16 years. And nearly nothing you post here seems meaningful or useful or substantive.

I defend my point of view, hating anything because its too dificult for you, its really REALLY stupid. Hating something because its badly designed makes sense imo, but you still gain nothing from hating it if it didnt waste your time or money.

Thats a valid opinion that adds something to the conversation, hopefully, and I think its a sound argument.

Meanwhile all you can think about are anuses, go get a life.

the problem is, we don't know why anyone hates anything here.
we just know that people voted.

and that you feel, for some reason, personally affronted by other peoples dislike of something you use, without knowing why they dislike it.

vurt wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 pm the problem is, we don't know why anyone hates anything here.
we just know that people voted.

and that you feel, for some reason, personally affronted by other peoples dislike of something you use, without knowing why they dislike it.
well tbh I am in general an abrasive person. But I also give a lot of love.

BUT, we do know why people dislike REAPER, they have given the reasons themselves here in this thread. Im just responding directly to what I read.

some of them maybe? fair enough, cant say i noticed them particularly but im not looking for them.

i don't really get the point in hating on something that is a choice anyway, just use something else :shrug:
seems a waste of energy to hate something youre not using.

It’s more constructive to criticize something you DO use, especially in a venue where the actual developers are listening. It might be useful to say why we don’t like to use something, but to spew hate at it is really a waste of time.

Alright, I admit I effing hate Windows, and I DO spew hate at it, because I still have to deal with it on a regular basis, despite no one from Microsoft ever listening to anything, and me having left the platform for 90% of what I do in computing (there’s still gaming, the support I give friends, rare occurrences of using old PCs, etc), but that’s kind of an exceptional case ;-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I love windows. It's just there, I rarely have issues with it.

As far as criticizing something you use and them listening? I dunno about that. Seems more like people will just call you a hater and the developer just says "meh, see, it's just you" and so on.

Again, like I said in the beginning, I think hosts are at an ok juncture right now. Yeah, I want some things but it's not critical.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:37 pm As far as criticizing something you use and them listening? I dunno about that. Seems more like people will just call you a hater and the developer just says "meh, see, it's just you" and so on.
ill keep adding support for REAPER.

They tend to listen quite a bit to what people ask for in forums. I mean its just 4 engineers, im pretty sure every other DAW company has a marketing and a business team that often decides how much they know better. And they would be right since they have to make so much more money for the extra salaries they do have to use superficial and market tested means to get more consumers to try their product. They have to do things novices care about so they will try it out, like pretty GUIs and they have to do things experts care about as well like buying vsts and integrating them to be used only with their software or with special comparability and native integration (melodine for example).

mguerrero90 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pm Its obvious that REAPER will be the most hater DAW since its made for people who know how to produce. I mean, lets be honest, most people that use a DAW are kids and non-technical people, they just look at the screen and they are inspired by the options they see. A DAW is a toy for them, not a tool. And with a toy, the most important thing is that the most useful options are painfully obvious so you dont hurt your head trying to get anything done. After youve been producing for a while you start to really go in depth into techniques, technicalities, options, and issues that a DAW might have. REAPER is a solid well engineered option that has nearly every tool and technique you could want. Once you stop looking at a DAW like a toy and instead you think about what you want, the GUI doesnt matter. What matters is that you can do it and that it does it well. Ableton had SHIT coding in the past. I think its been fixed, but the main reason I switched to REAPER was because it was a better program for the serious nuts and bolts of production than Ableton. Other programs have nice fun interfaces to do things easier that kill your CPU.

Basically, once you start thinking musically and about what you want to do instead of just letting the program dictate your workflow, REAPER becomes a better option.

Honestly, who gives a rats ass about a f**king interface. What we are making is supposed to be 100% based on our ears.

But yea, if im producing with someone else I have no problem producing with any software, at all, its all creativity at the end of the day, I just feel like reaper has the least limits to anybodies creativity. REAPER wont fail because you get to creative or to complex, it just works.
I agree with you.
In my opinion, Ableton live is a toy for kids and Reaper is for men.
All that hype about live is a well organized marketing story.
They pay f**king famous fake DJs who don't know how to produce music to promote their soft.
Reaper is one of the most used DAW without adverstisements and haters don't bear why a so cheap DAW can be better than their expensive DAW.
You hate what you can understand because you are frustated.

Signed,

dupont (age 5)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

mguerrero90 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pm Its obvious that REAPER will be the most hater DAW since its made for people who know how to produce.
So why is it used by all teh kiddies who think being able to give their DAW a neon dayglo skin makes them George Martin?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

mguerrero90 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:57 pmI mean, lets be honest, most people that use a DAW are kids and non-technical people
Says the guy who's literally just posted asking how to automate gain.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”