Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Ha, the Hilbert Transform I mentioned earlier is mentioned/described in the first article. It is implemented in Full Bucket's ModulAir. Also, the mighty Surge has Cosine based Wave tables.

Fathom CM.jpg

Fathom Version 2.29 Released
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates

Log Scale Frequency Dials.
Real-Time Modulator Envelope Position Bar.
50% CPU Performance Improvement on All Filters.
Important Bug Fixes.

Computer Music Magazine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5jF_Jo-u8

Fathom continues to be featured in Computer Music Magazine with the June 2019 issue including our second Fathom CM tutorial guide.

This leviathan of a synth offers up an infinitely deep sonic playground that puts many a paid-for plugin to shame. Fully modulator and flexible, Fathom CM has enough features to leave even seasoned synthesists gasping for air. Despite its bottomless potential, Fathom CM is really easy to ‘fathom’ with a sleek and intuitive interface that gives immediate and impressive results.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OK WOW ...I just immediately discovered that the new Version 2.29 update: "50% CPU Performance Improvement on All Filters" is verified working very well! Filter intensive patches are now playing polyphonically superior to the previous version. That just made my night! Going to delve into the rest of the new features now.

"This leviathan of a synth offers up an infinitely deep sonic playground that puts many a paid-for plugin to shame" ...Indeed it does! :)
Ambient Sound Design & Soundtrack Composition - http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/

I have a question.
I bought a full version quite at the beginning of the development of this synth.
I could download this version with a special link.
Now the development is really growing and the last full version I downloaded is long ago.
Do I qualify for the actuall full version or does something change and do I have to buy it?

Cheers
classic

I am having some difficulty downloading the update from the order confirmation page. I have tried 3 times each time it gets to about 60mb and fails. My connection is stable. My average DL speed is about 400kb/s. I have downloaded much bigger files in the past day or so. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Great to see Fathom get the attention it deserves. And great to have a new version available. I'll check out Fathom v2.29 this weekend.

I'm especially happy with the performance improvements. Some (even seemingly "simple") programs tend to make my trusty workstation stutter, where it is generally quite a fluent audiogenerator.

And off course I'm curious about other improvements and additions.

Having programmed myself and being a 30+ year IT industry veteran, I do realize that it is quite a challenge to manage complexity, interdependibility and performance. And develop and maintain a vision and strategy for future development. And off course acquire and use all knowledge and skills needed to actually set and realize your goals.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

FathomSynth wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:25 am Log Scale Frequency Dials.
Real-Time Modulator Envelope Position Bar.
50% CPU Performance Improvement on All Filters.
Important Bug Fixes.
Wow, AWESOME update. Filter CPU usage and that weird log scale frequency stuff were two of my biggest headaches. Great work!

I know I've said it before, but this has easily been the best value plugin purchase I've ever made, aside from maybe Reaper itself.

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:52 am I am having some difficulty downloading the update from the order confirmation page. I have tried 3 times each time it gets to about 60mb and fails. My connection is stable. My average DL speed is about 400kb/s. I have downloaded much bigger files in the past day or so. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
No problem here dowloading with linux firefox.
Probably just a temporary kink in the wires :hihi:
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 pm
No problem here dowloading with linux firefox.
Probably just a temporary kink in the wires :hihi:
Cheers
Thanks....seems the kinks got ironed out. I downloaded with no problem a few hrs later. Now I am excited but have to wait a few days to get back to my production machine......anticipation :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

WOW!!! Even in linux, this version and it's sounds load noticabley faster
than 227/228. Maybe some of this is due to a new wine-staging release :?
Or maybe I'm just a hapless fanboi, with a placebo delusion...
But the whole instrument feels fast and solid, so many possibilities in such
an easy to use environment. Fence-sitters or people investigating
a new discovery, don't hesitate, this is a superb instrument,
and with a free mono version, the CM release, and affordable Pro versions,
it certainly transcends anyones definition of a no-brainer aquisition :hyper:

Alas, the lawn has grown ever faster, (hope your project
does likewise) work before play :x :dog: :x
Cheers

Thanks all for comments, I will read all in more detail tonight.

Hi All, Has anyone got the “Envelope Time Animation" working? It have it turned on in settings but I can’t see an animation anywhere!

Just did a quick run through on 229 with some known "hungry" pad patches on my machine, and I noticed better performance regarding polyphony with several of them. No doubt the CPU performance improvement on all filters makes a difference!

Nice work! Thanks!

Looking forward to the Intel Vector SIMD enhancements!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Envelope animation should show a vertical line in all envelope graphs showing the current position of the modulation in real-time, also displayed on all LFO graphs. The time line will move from left to right through the envelope showing the speed of the song or note position through the envelope.

I tested it extensively so I can't imagine why it would not be visible.

Is anyone else not seeing the time bar in the envelopes?

FathomSynth wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:48 am Envelope animation should show a vertical line in all envelope graphs showing the current position of the modulation in real-time, also displayed on all LFO graphs. The time line will move from left to right through the envelope showing the speed of the song or note position through the envelope.

I tested it extensively so I can't imagine why it would not be visible.

Is anyone else not seeing the time bar in the envelopes?
My mistake, I just tried again and realized the envelope was set to the default of song trigger not note trigger .. so all good now .. apologies for the time waste :oops:

Return to “Instruments”