Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

I recently upgraded to v6 for $99 and I also upgraded to v7 for another paltry $99.

You guys who are wining about the upgrade from v6 purchased a long time ago, you need to realise how much development went into these synths and the updated B3 models. This stuff isn't childs play. It's serious development that takes a long time to get everything sound right.

Just stop complaining. We've heard it all before time and time again. The developers need to get paid and the company needs to turn a profit. Is there anything more to say?

BTW the new B3 sounds ace, certainly a few notches up from the original one. I probably won't need another B3 plugin after this one (LOL I now have 3). It really sounds great. The whole emulation has been taken to another level. Much more harmonically rich. You can say goodbye to all those sample based B3s now. This update has absolutely nailed it.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:56 am I recently upgraded to v6 for $99 and I also upgraded to v7 for another paltry $99.

You guys who are wining about the upgrade from v6 purchased a long time ago, you need to realise how much development went into these synths and the updated B3 models. This stuff isn't childs play. It's serious development that takes a long time to get everything sound right.

Just stop complaining. We've heard it all before time and time again. The developers need to get paid and the company needs to turn a profit. Is there anything more to say?

BTW the new B3 sounds ace, certainly a few notches up from the original one. I probably won't need another B3 plugin after this one (LOL I now have 3). It really sounds great. The whole emulation has been taken to another level. Much more harmonically rich. You can say goodbye to all those sample based B3s now. This update has absolutely nailed it.

How did you get the V7 upgrade for $99?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:23 am
stuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm I have both V Collection 6 and Pigments. Earlier, when I logged into my Arturia account, I saw the upgrade price as $299. Now when I login, it shows $399. Anyone else notice this?
Same here. Went up $100. Must be still working out the kinks in the system.
Thanks for chiming in. Guess its still a work in progress
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

benjamind wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:56 am I recently upgraded to v6 for $99 and I also upgraded to v7 for another paltry $99.
Uh, how the heck did you get a v7 upgrade for 99 bucks? I'm thinking this is BS. The current official upgrade price from V6 to V7 is 199...

@ATS, if you upgraded within the last 6 months, your offer is $99 to upgrade.

I honestly don't think the upgrade price of $199 is terrible, especially if you want what's being offered.

3 new plugin instruments for $199 is not a bad deal... but of course only if you want all 3.

I'm just not that excited about the new additions at the moment. I have a lot covered with M-Tron Pro (+ Streetly Tape expansions), and I don't think Synthi V or CZ V would get much use from me.

So even if it were $99 to upgrade, I think I'd have to pass. I'm just not interested in collecting software.

mholloway wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:17 am
Uh, how the heck did you get a v7 upgrade for 99 bucks? I'm thinking this is BS. The current official upgrade price from V6 to V7 is 199...
If you upgraded or bought V6 in the last few weeks, you were eligible for a $99 upgrade. If you had V6 for months and months, the upgrade price is $199 until June 10th.

If you're willing to wait, Arturia will almost certainly offer a better upgrade price during the holidays. Just pretend like V7 was never released at all, and is coming out towards the end of the year.

This is exactly what happened when V6 came out. Same confusion. Same complaints about upgrade pricing. No one has a gun to anyone's head forcing them to upgrade now, or at all. If it's worth it to you, upgrade now. If not, wait to see if they offer a price down the road that's more in line with your expectations. And if not, vote with your wallet and don't upgrade at all. You get to keep what you already have and they will continue to support and upgrade the products you already own in V6.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:28 am
mholloway wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:17 am
If you upgraded or bought V6 in the last few weeks, you were eligible for a $99 upgrade. If you had V6 for months and months, the upgrade price is $199 until June 10th.

If you're willing to wait, Arturia will almost certainly offer a better upgrade price during the holidays. Just pretend like V7 was never released at all, and is coming out towards the end of the year.

This is exactly what happened when V6 came out. Same confusion. Same complaints about upgrade pricing. No one has a gun to anyone's head forcing them to upgrade now, or at all. If it's worth it to you, upgrade now. If not, wait to see if they offer a price down the road that's more in line with your expectations. And if not, vote with your wallet and don't upgrade at all. You get to keep what you already have and they will continue to support and upgrade the products you already own in V6.
This is all true of Komplete as well. Like I said, I'm used to it, but I wish for a window of upgrading at the coming lower price as an initial impetus.

Honestly I might just wait until V Collection 8, because that's what I do with Komplete, wait until the collection is drastically improved. Incremental updating isn't that great if you already have equivalents. I have the Xils Lab 4, and the IK sample Tron, so mostly the CZ clone is sort of interesting to me. :shrug:

oof. the rollout of this update.. eek. has it gone well for anyone even just updating what you already own? that's all i'm trying to do is update the current version 6 to 6.x or whatever updates they've added to the various synths + analog lab 4.

the new version of the Arturia Software Center is struggling to deal with the servers which i guess are being hammered. it's been stuck all day while i was at work.

i opted for individually downloading each plug in and they download a lot faster but there's lot's of clicking around because heaven forbid you could download each synth from one page instead you have to click download then it takes you to the product page then you download form there then you click back to 'my products' page.. ugh. i think i'll just wait a week or two to download.

deastman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 pm The bug has been fixed and the price is now listed at $199 for me.

Rather amusingly, I had contacted support about this earlier in the day. Rather than apologize and assure me that the price was being adjusted, they sent me a long boilerplate response rambling on about thousands of hours of developer time and how they can’t offer free updates. Lame.
yeah, imagine doing all that work creating 3 new instruments, updating others and having the gall to charge for it.... lame

dayjob wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:33 am oof. the rollout of this update.. eek. has it gone well for anyone even just updating what you already own?
not. painfull slow. Time to sleep and try tomorrow!

elxsound wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:19 am @ATS, if you upgraded within the last 6 months, your offer is $99 to upgrade.
6 weeks

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:27 pm As I said in the other thread, the price for VCollection user is 199 so if it is not the price you are getting it is a bug in our system and will be fixed.
There is a special price for people who bought vc6 in the last 6 weeks.

Nobody asked yet if MPE is implemented in any of the synths. The main question for any synth release!
I fear its not...
Luckily I missed the last 99 offer, there is some time left to think about an upgrade...
It makes total sense to have an higher upgrade price in the beginning. Loyalty is a marketing buzz word, not a business parameter a company needs to keep high always. Or those who can‘t wait and have the money in their pocket would not be milked for the benefit of the development (those usually also benefit more from being early on the boat, they make money using the synths, its even fair if they pay more...)
For me though the three added instruments are not that interesting, I have them covered from other sources.

the strangest thing is also, if memory serves me right, that the arturia collection is on the website priced, when not on sale, or introduction pricing, as €499, while via resellers it is always €399... if am i wrong...
€199 is pretty steep.

Angle Loss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:42 pm Have lots of Arturia software including V6, Pigments and a Keystep...$199...meh. Would upgrade at $99 tops. I'd like to see better benefits for us customers who have already invested quite a bit.

I've already got the V6 earlier B3, as well as B3s from half a dozen other companies, plus 3 different Mellotron plugins (and I do love Mellotron), plus several EMS synths. I think they should have overhauled several of the older synths to make it worth it, especially the CS-80 and Jupiter. Between the MemoryMoon ME80 and Roland Cloud, I feel that Arturia have fallen behind.

The same thing has happened with IK Multimedia...the Vox AC-30 in Amplitude is REALLY old now. It is awful when it is one of the most famous and desirable amps. I hope for they (Arturia) consider updating the CS-80 and Jupiter soon.

Most of the instruments have been updated. You can view the individual changelogs in the Arturia Software Center. All the upgrades (including B3 and Analog Lab) are free.

benjamind wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:56 am You guys who are wining about the upgrade from v6 purchased a long time ago, you need to realise how much development went into these synths and the updated B3 models. This stuff isn't childs play. It's serious development that takes a long time to get everything sound right.

The update to B3 V2 is free.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Instruments”