Arturia Analog Lab 4 - few presets added

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Analog Lab 4 only contains 4 Mellotron presets. Three other new instruments (CZ, Synthi and Pigments) each add 20 or so, for a total of only 61 added presets from Analog Lab 3 to Analog Lab 4.

Definitely less generous than the Analog Lab 3 upgrade was, adding over 1500 presets to the ones in Analog Lab 2, and including all presets of every V Collection 6 instrument. Those are still present in Analog Lab 4, but the newly added instruments from V Collection 7 are seriously underrepresented.

On the bright side, more effects and better live / layer action.

The upgrade price is right. :wink:

I'll also add that it's 64-bit only, but it does leave v3 installed.

Thanks for the info, Fleer.

That's a bummer. I could sort of understand about the Mellotron, since including all those tapes might make the download huge, but I can't think of any good reason not to include more for the others. Since Analog Lab is sort of advertising for the capabilities of the full products, it seems like they should at least include more than 20 for each.

My thoughts exactly, if they still view Analog Lab as a tasty appetizer, they’d better start adding more presets of these new synths.

Downloading the update to v4 now. Is it me, or is it taking forever?

Fleer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:25 am Analog Lab 4 only contains 4 Mellotron presets.
well, the originals only had about 6 or 8 diff tapes/sounds , and the vst version only has 61 presets, which will be just combos and variations of those orginal sounds, so 4 is not such a small number in the big scheme of things

I don’t think there’s any more for the new synths, but I did discover half a dozen or so free expansion packs in the integrated store that add a couple of hundred more presets. No doubt I could have had them in AL3 too, just mentioning it in case anyone else overlooked them.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

telecharge wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:35 am The upgrade price is right. :wink:

I'll also add that it's 64-bit only, but it does leave v3 installed.

Thanks for the info, Fleer.
No It is replacing V3.

Download size of AL4 is nine-hundred-eighty something MB. Download size of the Mellotron demo is 1.8 GB.
And I downloaded the free sounds a month ago, so it seems the only ones they added to them was the Genesis Tribute.

Ableton fails to ack the new VST for me. I do only have Ableton 9 but non the less I can no longer use it!

budd1405 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:33 pm Ableton fails to ack the new VST for me. I do only have Ableton 9 but non the less I can no longer use it!
The 64 bit of Live 9? Because Arturia dropped 32 bit support.

Rivanni wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 pm
budd1405 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:33 pm Ableton fails to ack the new VST for me. I do only have Ableton 9 but non the less I can no longer use it!
The 64 bit of Live 9? Because Arturia dropped 32 bit support.
Yeah 64bit I am using. deleting and trying again as we speak but I changed nothing in the settings in the action centre

Try a deep plugins rescan . In Live go to preferences > Rescan plugins. Hold the ALT (option on Mac) key while pressing the rescan button.

Rivanni wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:13 pm Try a deep plugins rescan . In Live go to preferences > Rescan plugins. Hold the ALT (option on Mac) key while pressing the rescan button.
Thanks for your help :)

after reinstalling,live opens with the message VST "Analog Lab3": This VST is not compatable with live

Four now works (although slow as all hell) and 3 will not open which is a problem given the number of projects I have open with three allready used.

budd1405 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:51 pm Four now works (although slow as all hell) and 3 will not open which is a problem given the number of projects I have open with three allready used.
AL4 uninstalls AL3. You probably saw a message telling that when installing. But the projects should have recognized AL4. Try delete AL3, to see if the projects open OK with AL4.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”