Why Can't We Get A CS-80 VST That Actually Sounds Like a CS-80?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

now now, give him a chance to answer :)

Crickets can't talk.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

jiminy could :P
Last edited by vurt on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:wheee:
Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 pmjiminy could :P
True.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:)

"It dreamed itself along"

Hink wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:11 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:51 pm
NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 pm
NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm For analog synths, emulations are pretty crappy I'll give you that. That's why you should look for Sample Libraries of analog synths. They use actual samples from the analog gear and the only downside is the size of the libraries. I have a great CS-80 library but not gonna tell you which one :) just search around for samples you'll find some great ones
I have a bad feeling that you're serious about this...
Hey what do I know, only been making music for over a decade with a few top 5 billboard hits to my credit :) carry on.
which are?
always interested to know who im chatting to :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
well, its bedtime here, im sure ill wake to the answer :)

:phones: :hyper:
Last edited by Obsolete417459 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

:phones: :!:
Last edited by Obsolete417459 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:08 pm
Signing off,
:)
?

Funny, it was installing and playing the last Syntronik offering that got me to uninstall it and buy Analog Lab. I didn't find Syntronik bad per se , but I didn't find it good either. Arturia is clearly a more usable product for me.

NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm My last and final comment is to the original OP and anyone who makes excuses about sounds: If you can't make any of the MANY CS-80 libraries sound like an actual CS-80, then maybe it's your fault, rather than the software instrument. A real CS-80 won't make crappy ideas and progressions sound magical :)
1) The Original Post wasn't about making excuses, it questioned why there isn't a good emulation of a particularly synth they like. It's flatly disrespectful to make it what you want to make it.
2) Is that a fact? We note that you would have to agree with 1) there is no good emulation of a CS-80 since there are no good emulations. You would just want it in a sample instrument, ie., snapshots of moments created with one, which is always better than all emulations. Which is pretty wanting as an argument in every way. By your own argument, one will wonder if your not liking _any_ emulations is because you're not any good as a synthesist.
3) The last sentence doesn't follow 2) at all. Non-sequitur, nonsense. Neither a true nor a false CS-80 has anything to do with the quality of one's ideas in itself.
4) "If it sounds good, that's all that matters in the end!" has you disagreeing with yourself, the whole metric has been how good does it sound. So evidently you need to talk shit about people for disagreeing with... something. Wanting a good CS-80 in software that isn't a sample offends you? Who knows. We can't really tell, as you don't agree with you either.

I have no dog in the fight, I don't have a pressing need to care about this particular instrument.
But every point you made amounts to some form of logic FAIL. Your own status as a hitmaker is fallacious appeal to authority, as we don't recognize it (who tf are you?) and which is also an argument to commerciality (cf., argument to popularity), as though commercial is in itself a proof of quality. And you won't put anything up for that proof anyway.
You're kind of new here, the disrespect is not a good look.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mellotronaut wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:25 pm here's THE ONE and ONLY:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-CS80-co ... Sw9EZcpnSj
24K Wow! I think it was 23K a few days ago?

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 pmHowever, there is something that analog has that digital (still) doesn't.
No there isn't, it is purely in your head. A blind test would prove it in a minute flat. I'd be happy to set one up if you're interested. Sounds that utilise both the oscillators and filters to best effect. You can even supply a few sounds for me to copy (roughly) if you like. I've got a good mix of analogue and digital hardware. I could set it up in a couple of nights.
But in some sparser compositions like that example, the difference is clear to me. And I appreciate it.
Listening to part of this album for the first time, I don't hear anything I couldn't do with any number of freeware VSTi. Honestly, it doesn't sound in any way special to me at all. It is very much a product of it's time, I reckon he'd do it much better today with modern synths, digital or analogue.
NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 pmHey what do I know, only been making music for over a decade with a few top 5 billboard hits to my credit :) carry on.
I'll see your decade and raise you 2.8 more. As for "billboard hits", I'd be ashamed, not boastful about that.
BBFG# wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:27 amFunny, it was installing and playing the last Syntronik offering that got me to uninstall it and buy Analog Lab. I didn't find Syntronik bad per se , but I didn't find it good either. Arturia is clearly a more usable product for me.
Yeah, I was hugely underwhelmed by Syntronik, especially compared to Analog Lab. You can't hope to emulate something successfully if you don't even have the same controls.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”