Why Can't We Get A CS-80 VST That Actually Sounds Like a CS-80?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im pretty sure vangelis wasnt the only person to use one....

Bands that I followed and am aware of. Of course most of these guys used just about everything.

Alan Parsons
ELO
Paul McCartney & Wings
Kraftwerk

And plenty more. It was one of the monsters of the era. In fact, it was more widely used than the Polymoog.

:phones:
Last edited by Obsolete417459 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can I have the exact same red and yellow paint hues used in Picasso's paintings please? I want to paint exactly like him and reproduce his exact style and color signature.

NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm For analog synths, emulations are pretty crappy I'll give you that. That's why you should look for Sample Libraries of analog synths. They use actual samples from the analog gear and the only downside is the size of the libraries. I have a great CS-80 library but not gonna tell you which one :) just search around for samples you'll find some great ones
I have a bad feeling that you're serious about this...

:!:
Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:06 pm For analog synths, emulations are pretty crappy I'll give you that. That's why you should look for Sample Libraries of analog synths. They use actual samples from the analog gear and the only downside is the size of the libraries. I have a great CS-80 library but not gonna tell you which one :) just search around for samples you'll find some great ones
:dog:
Last edited by pdxindy on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You´re disqualified for this :wink:
(i stand that P900 sounds better than most hardware.... :D )

Nurse!

https://youtu.be/cGY-1dEP4SM

wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 pm Bands that I followed and am aware of. Of course most of these guys used just about everything.

Alan Parsons
ELO
Paul McCartney & Wings
Kraftwerk

And plenty more. It was one of the monsters of the era. In fact, it was more widely used than the Polymoog.
Some more: http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/cs80.php
It has been used by Vangelis, Chicago, Jethro Tull, Kraftwerk, Ultravox, Bon Jovi, Simple Minds, Paul McCartney, Michael McDonald, Brian Eno, Toto, Eddie Jobson, Doug Johnson (Loverboy), The Crystal Method, Jean Michel Jarre, Geoffrey Downes (Yes, Asia), Rick Wakeman, Stevie Wonder, Phish, Daft Punk, BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and Tony Banks of Genesis.

:phones:
Last edited by Obsolete417459 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 pm Bands that I followed and am aware of. Of course most of these guys used just about everything.

Alan Parsons
ELO
Paul McCartney & Wings
Kraftwerk

Some more: http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/cs80.php
It has been used by Vangelis, Chicago, Jethro Tull, Kraftwerk, Ultravox, Bon Jovi, Simple Minds, Paul McCartney, Michael McDonald, Brian Eno, Toto, Eddie Jobson, Doug Johnson (Loverboy), The Crystal Method, Jean Michel Jarre, Geoffrey Downes (Yes, Asia), Rick Wakeman, Stevie Wonder, Phish, Daft Punk, BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and Tony Banks of Genesis.
ok, now im interested :)

NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 pm
Hey what do I know, only been making music for over a decade with a few top 5 billboard hits to my credit :) carry on.
which are?
always interested to know who im chatting to :)

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:51 pm
NewWaveRecordings wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 pm
Hey what do I know, only been making music for over a decade with a few top 5 billboard hits to my credit :) carry on.
which are?
always interested to know who im chatting to :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”