TTU - Guess the Synth Contest! Soundset for Serum "Holographic Universe" Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Holographic Universe Soundset for Serum

What's up guys. I thought I'd do something a little different and fun this time around on my next soundset release. Try and see if you can guess the synth from the audio streams. If you are the first, you'll win the soundset (or another one, if you don't own the vsti).

Good luck and let the games of intuition and deductive reasoning commence!

Audio Showcases

https://soundcloud.com/ttu-soundset/set ... et-streams

Thread Update - Soundset Details for Serum!!

The Holographic Universe Soundset contains 88 high quality presets for the Serum synthesizer from Xfer and is suitable for any contemporary electronic and ambient music genres. It includes a wide variety of presets spread out in many categories, including, basses, leads, pads, keys, plucks, sequences, soundscapes, and FX. It also includes 88 awesome wavetables. Serum's Noise oscillators also aided in layering breathtaking soundscapes and floating keys within the soundset as well.

An optional Expansion pack is also available for an additional $5, which includes 26 MIDI Files, 88 Wavetables, and 300MB of noise samples that can be used in Serum's noise oscillator, which can be used inside Serum or in other synths. These are extremely useful and sound great on there own! They can add the icing to an already beautiful sounding patch to make them truly inspiring.

Soundset Highlights

Include 88 Presets for Serum
Optional Expansion - Includes 26 Midi FIles from most of the audio demos (excluding leads). They are named identically to the corresponding preset.
Optional Expansion - Includes 88 Wavetables
Optional Expansion - Includes 300MB SFX and Sounds to use in Serums Noise Oscillator
All patches are volume normalized. (They won't clip and have equal volume levels when scanning between presets)
Complex Modulation Wheel destinations for all patches. When appropiate, many patches also utilized velocity sensitivity.
Most Patches have all four Macro's assigned (tastefully)
Patches created in the latest version of Serum 1.247.

Patch Breakdown (87 Patches)

Leads - 16
Pads - 30
Basses - 19
Keys - 3
Plucks - 13
Bass Sequences - 2
FX - 4
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Wed May 01, 2019 3:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Dune3
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Not saying you are right or wrong, but my last soundset was Dune 3 :hihi:
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

TTU Youtube

Then Virus TI/Snow

I‘d say Halion. Beside Thorn the only synth I own of those you make soundpacks for... As it doesn‘t sound at all like Thorn only Halion makes sense to vote for...
Thorn would be my second bet...;-)

didnt listen, but im gonna guess

Pigments

Oh, if it could be a new synth in your palette, I would say its Surge...
Out of a business point of view it makes sense to have a pack for a free synth. You could deliver the synth with it...

recursive one wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:58 pm Then Virus TI/Snow
:hyper: This one might be coming soon! Just picked one up recently and I'm loving it (drawing up plans 8) ) But for this release, it is a software synth :D

TTU Youtube

It can't be Hive, this one doesn't have a vowel filter

Or can it? Vowel-ish wavetables, dual bandpass?

Rob Papen Vecto

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:26 pm Oh, if it could be a new synth in your palette, I would say its Surge...
Out of a business point of view it makes sense to have a pack for a free synth. You could deliver the synth with it...
Would that work? Could I distribute it with the soundset? Never seen it before :idea:

TTU Youtube

Pigments
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Harmor

Really tough... i would have said Spire, but, you already did one for that. I say, Adam Szabo Viper. :)

Ok, on a second thought, i guess both weren't good guesses, as it seems to be a synth with both wavetables and a formant filter... hmmm...

I guess it's Parawave Rapid.

Return to “Soundware”