Reason 10.3 is out ...and it's awesome!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After the update I'm experiencing MASSIVE improvements in performance...Especially in larger projects and ones using lots of VI's. As a matter of fact im getting better performance now in Reason than in Studio One, Cubase, or FL studio using the same VST's which is crazy. Reaper is still performance king but Reason is the most fun to work inside of so this performance boost is stellar in my opinion. I'm on windows 10 with a modest I5 8400 for what its worth.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

I'm glad to hear it, but that's the entire point of buffers.
Have you tried Vital?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:35 pm You'll be asking xbitz these questions then because these are his results... :clown:
Oh, ok... :party:

UI is still slow as molasses on my MacBook 2018 running 10.14. If anything it seems a bit worse. Dropping to low res mode helps a bit but I don't have these issues on Bitwig, Logic or Live.

Psuper wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:09 pm I'm glad to hear it, but that's the entire point of buffers.
Oh, don't be like that. Most people understand that 10.3 is what 9.5 should've been but wasn't for VSTs, but we're still glad we got there. It's sort of like swapping a CPU for a model that's 2 generations younger for free :)

What sort of bugs me more, is that the alleged reason why RE performance has improved isn't the same as for VSTs (they still run on 64 samples regardless of audio buffer settings). It's supposedly because of "general optimisations and code refactoring" which really should've been just done ages ago, because Props have 100% control over the environment :(

But enough criticism. Let's celebrate :party:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:55 am
Psuper wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:09 pm I'm glad to hear it, but that's the entire point of buffers.
Oh, don't be like that. Most people understand that 10.3 is what 9.5 should've been but wasn't for VSTs, but we're still glad we got there. It's sort of like swapping a CPU for a model that's 2 generations younger for free :)

What sort of bugs me more, is that the alleged reason why RE performance has improved isn't the same as for VSTs (they still run on 64 samples regardless of audio buffer settings). It's supposedly because of "general optimisations and code refactoring" which really should've been just done ages ago, because Props have 100% control over the environment :(

But enough criticism. Let's celebrate :party:
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad and hopeful that v11 is something I'd upgrade to.

However I've been a Reason fannie and constructive criticizer long enough to see behind the veil -- Props have a history of delaying or out outright stating they won't add necessary things, then adding them when their customers have damn near given up.

Years of no Audio in their DAW... then added "Omg greatest ever!"
Years of no VST in their DAW... then added "Omg greatest ever!"
Poor performance in their DAW... then added "Omg greatest ever!"

The problem is there's a whole lot of X missing in their DAW, some of which a vast majority of their customers have been asking for forever, like all the prior examples.

I get it though, and am still fannie enough to stick around.
Have you tried Vital?

I totally love Reason, but yeah, there's really some important basics missing. My hope is on V11 too.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Last edited by starflakeprj on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Psuper wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm The problem is there's a whole lot of X missing in their DAW, some of which a vast majority of their customers have been asking for forever, like all the prior examples.
There are a whole lot of X missing in other DAWs that Reason have, as well. Why do Reason need to have everything all other DAWs have, when other DAWs do not have all the features Reason has?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Good to hear performance was improved. I’m still waiting for the GUI to be properly rescaled. Haven’t upgraded since version 7 as a result of this utterly ignored issue. I’m not even running on a retina display and it bothers me how small the rack devices are. I will certainly not upgrade if they finally scale it up and replace all the lovely design with flat mimalist bullshit...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:33 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm The problem is there's a whole lot of X missing in their DAW, some of which a vast majority of their customers have been asking for forever, like all the prior examples.
There are a whole lot of X missing in other DAWs that Reason have, as well. Why do Reason need to have everything all other DAWs have, when other DAWs do not have all the features Reason has?

It's about absolute basics that each and all of the other DAWs have.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:09 pm

Like what for example?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:51 pm
jens wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:09 pm

Like what for example?
Like the countless ones I creatively talked about over in RT that I won't waste my time putting any more thought into, as well as the countless feature threads that still pop up every month or so - from the death by 1000 cuts to all the more recent ones.

Just one example around here everyone keeps screaming about 4k assets or scalable gui, which I think is a complete waste of time, but its something neverending that keeps popping up.

Anyway Antic you are on these forums enough that I know you don't need me to point those threads out to you. Maybe Starflake could use some personal research, but I don't think you do.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:20 pmAnyway Antic you are on these forums enough that I know you don't need me to point those threads out to you. Maybe Starflake could use some personal research, but I don't think you do.
He's talking about "absolute basics" and of those all I can think of are track folders and automation curves, but - to be frank - Pro Tools still doesn't have the former and Cubase only got the latter in v10...
Music tech enthusiast

What Reason lacks comparing to other DAWs it's making up for in creativity and modularity.

= I'm having much more fun in Reason than in any other DAW, despite its lacking of "basic features".

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”