Worst reverb plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Curious what the worst reverb plugin is out there. Doesn't have to be freeware
Last edited by djmino02 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ableton's stock reverb gets my vote. And the fact that it is readily available to so many people makes it extra deadly :) I like the convolution reverb though.

Yeah the fact that it wouldn't open in any host was rather crummy. I used to have a Lexicon Omega and was excited that a reverb from the old reverb master was included....except it turned it could not be used in practice... Rather disappointing.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:10 pm
Yeah the fact that it wouldn't open in any host was rather crummy. I used to have a Lexicon Omega and was excited that a reverb from the old reverb master was included....except it turned it could not be used in practice... Rather disappointing.
I guess "Omega" was a reference to its infinite predelay setting? :D
Will agree about Ableton Reverb, Live is my favorite DAW, but the Reverb, while serviceable, is uninspiring.

Wait, worst reverb pedal, or worst reverb plugin?

The worst reverb pedal has to be the Devi Ever Truly Beautiful Disaster. It just sounds like hyper-aggressive fuzz, not like reverb at all. :hihi:

For plugins, I would have to say Anechoic Room Simulator. It just doesn't have any character!

I meant plugin not pedal.

I heard that minimal system group dreamscape was pretty bad

It's funny but after countless years, that is the one reverb I come up with as awful.

Trueverb is pretty shit.

Any bad but good reverbs? Like non-organic sounding, digital, lofi, etc

foosnark wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 pm The worst reverb pedal has to be the Devi Ever Truly Beautiful Disaster. It just sounds like hyper-aggressive fuzz, not like reverb at all. :hihi:
I had one. Its not a reverb at all. Its a distortion pedal. :dog: :phones:

plexuss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:23 pm I had one. Its not a reverb at all. Its a distortion pedal. :dog: :phones:

I had one too. It took me a few boutique fuzz pedals to realize that I really don't need a fuzz pedal, even if they're fun to play with :D

everyone needs a+1 fuzz pedal.

And I thought "What's the Best" threads were annoying........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

plexuss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:23 pm
foosnark wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:59 pm The worst reverb pedal has to be the Devi Ever Truly Beautiful Disaster. It just sounds like hyper-aggressive fuzz, not like reverb at all. :hihi:
I had one. Its not a reverb at all. Its a distortion pedal. :dog: :phones:
Yeah, that's like saying a Harley is the worst truck... :lol: :dog:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”