DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Right in front of you........ :wink:

From the Manual.....

"All three waveforms offer oscillator synchronisation, which is enabled by pressing the SYNC switch. Oscillator sync causes an oscillator to get periodically reset to zero phase, using a second "master" oscillator. Whenever the master oscillator has completed a cycle, it resets the "slave" oscillator. If the master oscillator has a lower frequency than the slave, the result is a new timbre, as the slave oscillator is not always able to complete a full cycle. In contrast to traditional synthesizers, no extra oscillator is needed to perform oscillator sync in Dune. When sync is enabled, Dune automatically generates a virtual
master oscillator needed to perform the synchronisation. The frequency of this oscillator
is adjusted by the frequency knob (FREQ), relative to the given pitch. The sync frequency can be
modulated using the modulation matrix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thank you I see it now the last thing is that there should be a bottom to let you know when there is a new uodate available

Trying out the Dune 3 demo; VERY nice !

For those of you more familiar; how is Synapse on sales/discounts?

Sure like to see a slight reduction in Dune3... Any chance in the near future? :hyper:

Thanks, Mike

mrsugmad wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:29 pm Trying out the Dune 3 demo; VERY nice !

For those of you more familiar; how is Synapse on sales/discounts?

Sure like to see a slight reduction in Dune3... Any chance in the near future? :hyper:

Thanks, Mike
Synapse has a discount period roughly twice a year, if I remember correctly. Usually early summer and then the Black Friday/Christmas period

Easter actually, but dont expect D3 to be in this one, it was only released in December

Thanks W23 and AnX for the info.

not sure where the thread for satya's glacier white skin went, but it just got updated with the silver knobs. Thanks satya if you see this.

Dasheesh wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:10 pm not sure where the thread for satya's glacier white skin went, but it just got updated with the silver knobs. Thanks satya if you see this.
You are welcome.
I cannot find the previous thread either. I created a new one: Glacier White skin for DUNE 3
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Anyone know why Synapse isn't producing hip hop aimed material for dune 3 ?
I know its a synth but presets are handy sometimes

Dune2supersaw wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:26 am Anyone know why Synapse isn't producing hip hop aimed material for dune 3 ?
I know its a synth but presets are handy sometimes
You can make Hiphop with standard presets. It’s how you play them that makes them sound like hiphop.

There was a hit song that was produced almost entirely with a Dune 2 EDM preset - Rae Sremmurd “Black Beatles”.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I bought Dune 3 after downloading the demos of all the famous synths. I just couldn't believe the sound quality, I was absolutely floored.

I've spent my life dialing guitar and bass amplifiers chasing the perfect tone and I'm very picky about sound quality. Unlike almost all of the other synths, Dune sounds like a musical instrument. Honestly, I've found most of them to be anywhere from weak to appalling. I was surprised about how much I disliked most of the big players, the ones that top the lists on famous websites. So many comments in the forums about how good some of them sound! I think most of the EDM kids are semi deaf and can't really recognize quality when they hear it. Honorable exception is Diva and a few other analog emulations.

So yeah, Dune totally ruined soft synths for me. If you have any recommendations on synths that sound as good as Dune I'll be happy to hear them.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm So yeah, Dune totally ruined soft synths for me. If you have any recommendations on synths that sound as good as Dune I'll be happy to hear them.
the legend from synapse audio :D

DUNE 3 has been an outstanding VST to use. Amazing sound, wonderful filters, and lots of control, and modulation options. It's my go to Synth these days. :tu: :phones:

carrieres wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm So yeah, Dune totally ruined soft synths for me. If you have any recommendations on synths that sound as good as Dune I'll be happy to hear them.
Yeah, I know lol. I have the demo installed and it's absolutely amazing, it can get very fat and dirty. I'll definitely buy it in the future but I'm trying to get some "modern" synths before I get analog emulations. The Legend, Diva, Repro, etc. are all great but they lack the modulation and modern features of modern synths which I'm interested in exploring.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:39 pm
carrieres wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm
Yeah, I know lol. I have the demo installed and it's absolutely amazing, it can get very fat and dirty. I'll definitely buy it in the future but I'm trying to get some "modern" synths before I get analog emulations. The Legend, Diva, Repro, etc. are all great but they lack the modulation and modern features of modern synths which I'm interested in exploring.
Yes Danilo I like it too. Just waiting for a sale :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”