New FREE reverb: Dragonfly Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael Willis wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 pm
Turello wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 am Never happens to me with 1.0.0, Studio One, FL 9 and Reaper, all 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit...
Done: DragonflyReverb-Windows-32bit-v1.1.2.zip

Please let me know if it works or not.
Didn't works but 1.0.0 works perfectly...

Turello wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm Didn't works but 1.0.0 works perfectly...
Soooo sad :cry:

So, I don't even have Windows, let alone a way to test the 32 bit build. I had to use some serious voodoo chicken black magic just to build the 64-bit windows version. Unfortunately I haven't had much success in building the 32-bit windows version. I'm really baffled that the 32-bit windows 1.0.0 version even works at all.

I'm not a programmer but patience, i'll still use 1.0.0... BTW thanks... ^_^

Very cool.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Michael Willis wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 pm
Turello wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:45 am Never happens to me with 1.0.0, Studio One, FL 9 and Reaper, all 32 bit on Windows 7 64 bit...
Done: DragonflyReverb-Windows-32bit-v1.1.2.zip
Please let me know if it works or not.
Here are my results:
Tobybear Minihost 1.64 "Not a valid vst"
Cantabile Light 2.0.0.2072 crashes while opening the gui after loading
Ableton Live Light 9.7.5 serious Program error --> crash
Reaper 5.92 crash
Tunafish 1.8 (can load vst's) doesn't work

Usually, when Tobybear Minihost opens the dll and shows the Gui of a vst(i), it works on most other Hosts. Except some more modern plugins like from Image-Line or U-he, which maybe are putting themselves together at runtime, for which this old host is....simply too old.

But please keep the good work, Ppl NEED 32 Bit !

knossos wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:31 pm But please keep the good work, Ppl NEED 32 Bit !
Blah... Did 1.0.0 work on any of those?

Michael Willis wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:31 pm
knossos wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:31 pm But please keep the good work, Ppl NEED 32 Bit !
Blah... Did 1.0.0 work on any of those?
I do not know, I never got 1.0.0 !

I think getting it listed on the KVR plugin database could increase publicity.

Thanks. 1.1.3-64bit works fine in Reaper-32.

I am happily using it on my Macs. I even like it a lot...

New beta release v1.9.0 available for testing:

https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... 1.9.0-beta

This packages both the new Dragonfly Room Reverb (based on Freeverb3 ProG) and the renamed Dragonfly Hall Reverb. The latter should be able to replace the old Dragonfly Reverb, as it is essentially the same plugin and identifies itself as such; please delete the old Dragonfly Reverb LV2 and/or VST before using the new one, existing projects should automatically use it without any ill effects.

There are still several things that aren't done yet. Dragonfly Room Reverb still needs a change in looks to more easily distinguish it.

I made a first attempt at some presets for Dragonfly Room. I'm still not sure how much I like them, please experiment with them and let me know which (if any) are useful and sound as described.

Beta v1.9.3 is now available, mostly better CPU performance:

https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... 1.9.3-beta

Thanks Michael
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:09 am I think getting it listed on the KVR plugin database could increase publicity.
+1

Michael Willis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:19 am New beta release v1.9.0 available for testing:

https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... 1.9.0-beta

This packages both the new Dragonfly Room Reverb (based on Freeverb3 ProG) and the renamed Dragonfly Hall Reverb. The latter should be able to replace the old Dragonfly Reverb, as it is essentially the same plugin and identifies itself as such; please delete the old Dragonfly Reverb LV2 and/or VST before using the new one, existing projects should automatically use it without any ill effects.

There are still several things that aren't done yet. Dragonfly Room Reverb still needs a change in looks to more easily distinguish it.

I made a first attempt at some presets for Dragonfly Room. I'm still not sure how much I like them, please experiment with them and let me know which (if any) are useful and sound as described.
Very cool, thanks! I have to admit, though, that I've grown to like the GUI!

Return to “Effects”