Step Sequencer FR

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Step Sequencer is a work of genius, it's practically worth the price of admission. That said, a few tweaks would be groovy.

1. I like to automate the Modifier Groups so it'd be handy if the naming structure were Mod.Group:Parameter. So, when I create an automation sub-track it would appear as
'A:Transpose' instead of just 'Transpose'. I've been keen on putting several mod groups into a sequence and to have to fiddle with re-naming the automation seems unnecessary.

2. If the Arpeggiator had a 'random' feature. Would love to be able to cycle through a massive chord randomly.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

About the parameter names: Do you know you can rename each parameter as you want? Right-click parameter -> Rename.

Oh sure. I've been renaming these automation tracks. It just seems like extra work. Would be automatic if the name in the array/vector was A:Transpose instead of Transpose. Or, maybe each of those Mod objects just has it's own parameter names and so you loop through five objects (A-E) and so each parameter list says the same thing 5X? Doesn't matter, just seemed like there should be a way to have a more descriptive list.

So, here's an example of what I'm referring to. I have four automations going on here and I have NO idea which sequencer automation lane is which.
Mulab_SS_ModGroups_2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I would think renaming everything once and saving that as default preset would do your job?...

iliasboufidis wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:40 pm I would think renaming everything once and saving that as default preset would do your job?...
You can change it in the actual Step Sequencer for that particular project and the new name will be reflected in the automation names, yes. Conceivably, you could save a single instance of the SS and then use that as a template. But why? Why not just rename the defaults and then it works the same for everyone.

sdv wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:54 pm
iliasboufidis wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:40 pm I would think renaming everything once and saving that as default preset would do your job?...
You can change it in the actual Step Sequencer for that particular project and the new name will be reflected in the automation names, yes. Conceivably, you could save a single instance of the SS and then use that as a template. But why? Why not just rename the defaults and then it works the same for everyone.
fair enough... I'm a newbie at mulab, but in the first few hours of using it renaming got a phat [R] shortcut cause i realized it's smth that needs to be done a lot, mind you it's very understandable due to the modular nature....

iliasboufidis wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:34 am
sdv wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:54 pm
fair enough... I'm a newbie at mulab, but in the first few hours of using it renaming got a phat [R] shortcut cause i realized it's smth that needs to be done a lot, mind you it's very understandable due to the modular nature....
[That] - renaming shortcut - was a wise idea! I'm all the time renaming the modules in my MUX patches reflective of their function all the time but that's ok b/c like you said, the modular nature demands it.
Last edited by sdv on Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

In the next update the Step Sequencer Mod Group parameters will have explicit individual names.

mutools wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:50 am In the next update the Step Sequencer Mod Group parameters will have explicit individual names.
:D :D :D :D
Two successful FR's for me in one week!! I feel like I just won The Masters!
Thanks, Jo!

Return to “MUTOOLS”