New Waves Update Plan Terms

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rewrite history wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm
PieBerger wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:35 pm I'm not under the spell of gas though,and least not so strongly that it's affecting my ability to be critical of an objectively shitty business practice. I'm probably on the low end of average for a KVRer in number of plugins owned and I try to think carefully about what I buy. I'm only human, so I'm bound to make a bad decision despite best efforts and naturally as I move through (producer) life my tastes and needs can change and I may need new tools to help me solve different problems. With regards to my Gold license, I'd actually like to sell it or at least gift it because I want to pair down my plugin collection and focus more on the tools that I prefer to use in their place. So despite your own experiences, I'm not just the another producer looking for the next plugin fix, I'd just like to be able to get a small percentage of my investment back or at the very least be able to gift it to someone without being punished for it.
All I can say about that is, people and the Gold bundle have been producing Gold records for decades, so it's surely not the bundle. But what do I know, I'm not you.
I'm not hating on the bundle, only that upon discovering other tools that are better suited to my needs, my tastes, my workflow, I am being held to ransom by a shitty license transfer policy and cannot even give my license away for it. I don't believe in sticking with something if it doesn't suite me, just because other people manage. At the time of purchase I thought it would right for me, but after a number of years being exposed to alternative products, I've decided that I'd be better off without it. Presumably you're not still eating pureed baby food, despite the fact that it could sustain you well enough, because as you've grown in your life, you've come to appreciate different foodstuffs that you prefer. There's nothing wrong with pureed babyfood, it's just not for you anymore (or maybe it is, I don't know :D )
Always Read the Manual!

Over the years I have received a few free Waves plugins during the Holidays two of which are version 9x. So spurred on by this thread I thought I would check them out again but....here's what I "own":

Waves 2.png
And here's what I'm going to have to download to get them installed and working again even though I already have the version 10 Waves Central installed for a free version 10 plugin.

Waves.png

3.3 gigs just to install two simple plugins. :roll:

It's just another case where my decision to never buy a Waves plugin and never infect my studio computer with their bloatware has proven to be an incredibly wise one. :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

?

The offline installer includes all plugins. Either install online or delete the offline installer afterward. Honestly, making a mountain out of a mole hill.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

KVR hates Waves. What's new?

So glad this topic turned into another fruitful Waves-Rant <3 :hug: :love:

New WUP conditions means you can’t combine plugins into the WUP within the 240 cap extending coverage over a year. Plugins already in 12 months when added go on top of the 240 sometimes at 50 a plugin. This means your plugins are on different version which is annoying some on WUP some out of WUP unless you pay over 240. That’s a big change , another WUP change, another goalpost shift.

popskull wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:57 pm New WUP conditions means you can’t combine plugins into the WUP within the 240 cap extending coverage over a year. Plugins already in 12 months when added go on top of the 240 sometimes at 50 a plugin. This means your plugins are on different version which is annoying some on WUP some out of WUP unless you pay over 240. That’s a big change , another WUP change, another goalpost shift.
i'll be honest. i have no idea what this means. it's all gotten too complicated for me.

Same here. :lol: I don't even know what WUP means exactly. :) Some kind of fee for... updates. Or something. Don't care, don't need. I don't buy +1 year insurance for my TV either.

Maybe i'd think different if i owned a Mac, and some Waves plugins stop working at some point on newer OS's.

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm Same here. :lol: I don't even know what WUP means exactly. :) Some kind of fee for... updates. Or something. Don't care, don't need. I don't buy +1 year insurance for my TV either.

Maybe i'd think different if i owned a Mac, and some Waves plugins stop working at some point on newer OS's.
glad i'm not the only one confused, but tbh, you don't own your plugins, you are just borrowing them for a little while from waves, so it's insurance incase you brake what you borrow. :bang: :bang:

I have a love-hate relationship with it. On one hand, I guess it doesn't effect me, but they make you feel guilty for not upgrading. :roll:

As long as they work I guess I don't care*

*mixhub is a weird beast. I have phantom bugs with it like the mouse pointer disappearing.

The platin on sale is cheaper than wup for gold... wup is for people who can‘t calculate... Any voucher which you cannot be put on sales is useless, as the sale gives you more %... I had to skip all my NI vouchers for the same reason...

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:13 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm Same here. :lol: I don't even know what WUP means exactly. :) Some kind of fee for... updates. Or something. Don't care, don't need. I don't buy +1 year insurance for my TV either.

glad i'm not the only one confused, but tbh, you don't own your plugins, you are just borrowing them for a little while from waves, so it's insurance incase you brake what you borrow. :bang: :bang:

mixtur.se wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:16 am
Dasheesh wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:13 pm

You don’t own any plugins, you own a license to use them.

WUP is the equivalent of paying for maintenance and support which is common for most business software. Waves is used by a lot of professionals who might be willing to pay for support and to keep their plugins working on new platforms and hardware etc.

Hi all,

is it much chaeaper to buy WUP from Re-Sellers?
Buying from Waves would cost me the maximum amount of $240.

I got WUP from AudioDeluxe at a much reduced price. Due to their T&C I can't tell you how much.

http://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/waves-wup-renewal

For your Custom Waves WUP renewal quote please follow the instructions below:

Click on MAKE OFFER.
Enter the Price you want to pay for your WUP renewal.

In the comment section please enter your GUID from Waves (please see below for instructions on obtaining your GUID).

GUID Instructions:

Go to the Waves Update Plan page: https://www.waves.com/login?returnurl=% ... pdate-plan
Select the products to renew.
Click on “Buying from your local dealer?”
Send the Waves Update Plan code (GUID) to your email address.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”