Is Monoplugs B Step still in business? Yes!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They make the B Step sequencer. I have the Pro version and the down load links they told me to save in case I need to re-download it don’t work anymore. Reached out in July again in November again today. No answer but their website is still up. Anybody know what’s going on? They still in business?

Thanks, Riley

Update: Heard from Thomas and he has been unable to work for a year, but he's back. It seems Monique has an update too. I just heard back from him on a support email.
Last edited by riley4reason on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Have no idea. I have the B step sequencer myself.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

No reply to an email I sent nearly a year ago.

It's a German website, so they have published an imprint containing a snailmail adddress and telephone number. Did you try to give them a call :?:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

no, didn't try that. I'll skype it later and see if I can find something out. Thanks
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

I can't get the German phone number to work in Skype. I tried sending another email. I wish they would let us know either way.
They are still selling products on their website but it looks like the owner has not participated in their forums for 2 years or so. If anyone reading this lives in Germany, try calling the number here: http://monoplugs.com/en/imprint#navigation

Let us know what you find out. Thanks! Riley

The form submission on their site doesn't work either. I tried emailing again 2 days ago. I wonder if Thomas is OK? strange behavior.

I know it's cold comfort, but I do appreciate your posting about this on the forum. I've considered from time to time whether to buy B Step; thanks to your alerting us to this situation, clearly now I won't.

Update: Heard from Thomas and he has been unable to work for a year, but he's back. It seems Monique has an update too. I just heard back from him on a support email.

riley4reason wrote:Update: Heard from Thomas and he has been unable to work for a year, but he's back. It seems Monique has an update too. I just heard back from him on a support email.
Great news :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hi, this is Thomas from Monoplugs.

Please excuse the inconvenience. As Riley wrote, I was ill for a long time and was not able to work.
Unfortunately, Monoplugs is just me and there was nobody else who could provide you support.

But I'm back and the first thing to do was to remove the buggy activation and change Monique to downloadware like B-Step. The method for activation was really a problem – I punished my customers with the activation steps while the crackers can use "theirs" on the fly. Also, there is more stuff to maintain (like servers) and more stuff that can break.

Monique is not officially updated yet. But yes, you can download V1.1 on the page. ;-) It's not much – it was an update I was working on before my illness.
The official update (notification) will follow in the next few days after I've answered all the support requests.
Feel free to add more to my mailbox.

Hello Thomas,

is the site down now?

i've been trying to reach you for some time but you did not answer.

B-Step Pro crashes on every iPad I own and no way to get in contact with Monoplugs.
B-Step Development ceased ?

Site still down displaying error about PHP ...

chrisg wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:13 am Hello Thomas,

is the site down now?

i've been trying to reach you for some time but you did not answer.
Obviously it isn't updated to a current PHP version.

The provided links from my receipt e-mail don't work either.
Very scary.

You need to cut Tommy a bit of slack.

He's really in to this VST stuff. Very passionate about it.

But he needs to pay the bills. And he's got real life stuff to deal with too, just like the rest of us.

I can vouch for him being a very honourable man. I'd even go so far as to call him a 'friend'.

He's not a fly by night merchant. But he does fly by the seat of his pants. It's how he rolls. I won't have a bad word said about him.

We can work this out.

It's one thing to get tech support for stuff that doesn't work. If Tommy is out of action and working on another problem, well, you are out of luck. He's pretty much a one man show. It could be some time.

But he always makes good. He wants to do this full time but the fact is it just doesn't pay enough for him to give up his main job. He would like to though.

He's like many other small devs. He doesn't even know who I am.

It might be that some of you feel you haven't quite got what you payed for. But Monoplugs will make good.

It's a new company, a new way of doing business. Still trying to find out how it's done.

I haven't talked to Tommy in a while. I hope he's ok.

Just to show good faith, I know I still have half a dozen licenses left over for some work I did for him.

I'm happy to share them out. For B-Step.

Hit me up via PM. I will need to talk to Tommy. I actually got 10 spare licenses in fact, but let's just go for six for now. I might be able to wrangle the others depending on how generous he is feeling.

I may even be able to get a few free licenses for his Synth too. No promises.

I'll see if I can just chuck out a few serials for that as well.

Tommy is a very generous guy. He's not a bread head marketing guru. He doesn't even know who I am, posting here.

But I'll stick up for this guy. I can vouch for him.

He's solid.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”