Record player under 150€?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I don’t what’s really possible with a budget like this and if I should look vintage or second hand. I don’t come out of the period of vinyl, but I would like to build a vinyl collection instead of listining everything digital. I already have a 40€ record player, but not happy about the quality, but of course you can’t expect much from such a budget player. I would like the option to digitize records to sample in my daw, so I guess it’s the best way to have something with usb.

I have a set of presonus eris speakers connected to a audio interface. I have mulitple outputs on my speakers, but I don’t know if it’s a good idea to connect them to multiple units?

Err, Umm I'm asuming you mean inputs.
And no it's not a good idea to use both types of inputs on a speaker at the same time. It's not an all in one pa.

Start with your stylus first.

Mostly because the range you are looking at is still to low.

Then there's that other thing.... (coming from the vinyl generation) Vinyl Sucks. Vinyl will never compare to contemporary mastering. That's why when some artist re releases previously recorded on analog medium it is remastered to enhance the sound quality
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Ah, well guess I need another pair of speakers as well for it then.. Hmm.. That will get expensive.. Maybe I’ll wait for it when I’m more rich then now haha :hihi:

What is a good budget for a mid range record player?

I know that digital sounds more clean and everything, but vinyl got her plus sides as well. I actually like when a song is not sounding fully clean. I give it that more robust sensation if you know what I mean. And of course collecting vinyl and searching records in shops is fun as well. Better then streaming your ass off on spotify :D

Digital repro (done right) can fully capture whatever a person might find "magic" in vinyl or tape or whatever.

So digital recordings of vinyl would sound just as pleasing as the vinyl and it won't wear out and get scratchy and it's more convenient.

Back in the 1970's on, after cassette became "not completely horrible sounding" I knew some record collectors who would buy each record, pop the shrinkwrap, play the Virgin record one time to record it to tape, then put the record up for pristine storage until the tape dub would wear out.

The same practice with digital much better fidelity and it won't wear out.

I personally basically agree with Tapper Mike, vinyl sucks and whatever beneficial distortion it might deliver there are bad warts such as very limited low bass response.

But if someone likes vinyl I don't think a zillion dollar turntable is worth it. Just something "good enough" to make a digital dub, then you can save the vinyl and maybe later sell at a profit if it develops collector value, still in "pristine condition".

Just a turntable of reasonable fidelity and good enough that it won't damage the vinyl from just a play or two. A spensive turntable one of it's purposes is to avoid long term vinyl damage over many plays. But even with the best turntable the record loses fidelity every time you play it. So to preserve fidelity refrain from playing the record very much.

Funkaroma wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:06 pmI have a set of presonus eris speakers connected to a audio interface. I have mulitple outputs on my speakers, but I don’t know if it’s a good idea to connect them to multiple units?
I think you have multiple inputs (just balanced & unbalanced) and not outputs on the speakers.
You would not use both inputs simultaneously, although it might work.

For selecting what comes out of your speakers you can buy a simple input switch or a mixer, or always route it through your audio interface. Or get an old hifi amp just for it's input switch. Connect the Tape Rec output to your active studio speakers and you don't need extra speakers.

A detail you might be overlooking: classic record players don't output at line level, but a lower level and higher impedance. So you'd need a preamp especially for pickups. That will also include a RIAA EQ to boost the lows and cut the highs. This used to be standard in any home hifi set. Maybe nowadays turntables have standard line outputs. But if you go buy second-hand, you need to take care of this. Just plugging it in directly into your audio interface or get that hifi amp from a thrift store. While you can... They are getting rare.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Record player under 150€?

If you taped a penny to the needle arm, you'd have a record player under a penny.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”