Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:12 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:53 pm i love the valhalla plugins, and this one is as good as the others; am still exploring it, but there's so much potential... and some really-great presets. one of my fave developers...
I'm a big Valhalla fan, but this is a big leap forward in terms of quality IMO. I can't point to a better sounding delay in my plugin folder than this. It's really on another level.
i agree, and for me, this will actually replace ubermod...

Same here. I had high expectations...they were blown away.

pekbro wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:03 pm Strange we haven't heard from Sean, haven't seen him post here in a while actually. Did one
of you delinquent KVR members piss him off or something? :smack:
He knows which way his bread is buttered!

If you're going to take time out of a busy life and give of what must be the remainder of your 'life blood' after completing a project like this - it makes sense.

KVR peeps are quick to anger. Slutz are a bit more reserved.

Also it's probably a bit more the 'demographic' that actually buy his plugs.

He also gets to hang out with other DSP peeps and shoot the shit, a bit more than he would here otherwise, rather than if he was hanging out in the DSP forum.

He's only got one brain! But it's a big one!

The fact he engages at all is a good sign. I'm sure he's reading and watching and as long as no one shitposts too much (on KVR) he'll just call it a night and get some well earned rest.

That's my take. Probably totaly wrong. As usual.

It must be quite something to come to the end of a project like this. And to top it off he is in the 'peak' of where he gets to sell stuff. I'm sure sales will keep coming in after this point, but many people have been waiting for this moment. Might be wrong about that as well. Just conjecture on my part.

He's given birth to his 'baby' but at the same time he's having to 'sell' the baby. That takes a certain mind set, and one that can't be split across the two very different paradigms that are KVR and Gearslutz.

But what do I know..

Love Sean, love his plugs.

Just bought ValhallaDelay. Didn't need it. Might even actually use it at some point.

I'm sure it will be great.

Thank you to all the designers that created presets for 'free'.

Valhalla stuff is solid.

There's a great post from Sean (including a preset) on getting in the ballpark of an Ursa Major Space Station here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=207

To the people who love this delay, what's your main instrument that you're using it on? Is it mainly guitarists in this thread? Synth players? Noodlers? Vocalists? Producers?

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:24 am To the people who love this delay, what's your main instrument that you're using it on? Is it mainly guitarists in this thread? Synth players? Noodlers? Vocalists? Producers?
I'm using it on vocals, drums, synths, and guitar and loving every minute of it. I've been able to recreate a few of my favorite EchoBoy presets with it and am gradually replacing instances of EchoBoy in my tracks.

I was encountering some weird noise issues in the Digital mode that appeared to be linked to the Feedback knob (nothing to do with age/drive) but everything seems smooth after the 1.0.3v2 update.

After several days of use and experimentation, it's is quickly becoming my favorite delay plugin. The controls, design, and workflow make it easy and inspiring to design and experiment with. I love it!

I have only been mucking around with the demo but I find it to be a doubler on steroids. Particularly with the coloration, diffusion and feedback controls.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

zosterops wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:43 am I've been able to recreate a few of my favorite EchoBoy presets with it and am gradually replacing instances of EchoBoy in my tracks.
Why? :?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:45 am
zosterops wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:43 am I've been able to recreate a few of my favorite EchoBoy presets with it and am gradually replacing instances of EchoBoy in my tracks.
Boring Easter time?

High praise from BT yesterday. Best delay he's ever heard.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:12 am
Boring Easter time?
:hihi: :hihi:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:12 am
Boring Easter time?
:)

You cats are bored over Easter? :shock: I still have about 20 things I need to complete.... Anybody wanna come over and help? I pay well. Say, a tenner :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You mean like... real work?... Ew...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:12 am There's a great post from Sean (including a preset) on getting in the ballpark of an Ursa Major Space Station here:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=207
...ValhallaDelay pluginVersion="1.0.4v1"...

Return to “Effects”