One Night in Persia - Dark Techno

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/richiewitch/one-night-in-persia

A future moon floats above the past, casting a pallid light over electronic sitars and robotic singing, Farsi poetry spoken by metallic mouths, listened to by microphones, far away.

good mix, kind of slow build up, with just the prominent kick and not much else going on up to the halfway point. was nice to finally hear the echo-y voices come in. but even then it was still lacking some wagbell. still hung in there till it ended. so kudos on that. thanks for sharing!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:02 am good mix, kind of slow build up, with just the prominent kick and not much else going on up to the halfway point. was nice to finally hear the echo-y voices come in. but even then it was still lacking some wagbell. still hung in there till it ended. so kudos on that. thanks for sharing!
Out of curiosity, what are you listening on? I've tested it on open and closed-back headphones, earbuds, and my monitors, and it sounds great there. But in my car, the kick drum overwhelms everything else. I used reference tracks to set the level of the kick, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Appreciate the feedback.

i listen on calibrated Koss PortaPro's
the kick level is fine. it just dominates
the track with its 4 on the floor pattern. is all.

follow the notes of the bassline with it for a few bars
in some places... thats what i do to change it up a bit. :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This sounds very nice. Very dancy

Ah, thanks for that info. I like your idea of following the baseline to change up the pattern. I'll have to experiment with that.

I'm still tempted to bring it down a little bit. I was going for a Dusty Kid sort of vibe, and I'm worried that the dominant kick might be overpowering all the low-volume samples I used throughout. I'll spend some time messing around with it today and see where it goes.

Hezekiel wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:46 pm This sounds very nice. Very dancy
Thanks so much! :tu:

Sounds good. Good energy.
I think I'd agree with the kick being too loud.
The samples and other sounds are very subtle.
Listening on monitors.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:40 am Sounds good. Good energy.
I think I'd agree with the kick being too loud.
The samples and other sounds are very subtle.
Listening on monitors.
:)
Thanks for listening! I appreciate you including what you were listening on too.

I've been working on a new mix, based on using one of Dusty Kid's tracks as a reference, and it really changes the vibe of the song. It brings the kick down significantly, and brings up all those subtle little things that had been pushed to the back, but it also brings down the energy and makes it darker. I need to tweak it a little more, but I'll post it by Sunday.

My Feedback

Music - 4
Instruments - 7
Performance - 6
Mix - 9

Overall - 6.5

Comments: After reading Layzer's comments I knew I should have just closed up the thread and gone elsewhere. But I hung in to the end. I'll leave it at that.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:17 am My Feedback

Music - 4
Instruments - 7
Performance - 6
Mix - 9

Overall - 6.5

Comments: After reading Layzer's comments I knew I should have just closed up the thread and gone elsewhere. But I hung in to the end. I'll leave it at that.
I appreciate the feedback. :tu:

what layzer said
Additionally you could think of a break section where you high pass the perc bus and make it a bit thinner and at the same time add some pad chords.
Anyway - I like the hypnothic feel. Thinking of a dance floor, synthetic fog, flash lights...

---
P.S.: An Example for BDR follows bass line: https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/sele ... er-ego-wip

Just uploaded a new mix of this track that I think is darker, and closer to what I originally intended.

Would love to get feedback, especially from those of you who heard the previous version.

Many thanks to everyone who has given it a listen so far.

Peace

~ RW

Return to “Music Cafe”