Wusik X42 BETA (Windows only for now) - Instrument/Effect Bridge and more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hm, is there a chance you do some resizing of the embedded plugin? I know, the graphics will be blurry as there are no vector graphics, but still could be helpful with these tiny old plugins... might be even reasonable for newer 64 bit plugins that don't support resizing...

The thing is, that's actually the plugin's editor/GUI, which I open in a new window, and that I reposition inside the bridged plugin. So it's a trick. ;-) And I don't resize the GUI, just the screenshot. I will see if I can improve this with time...

As for resizing the plugin, I don't think it's possible, unless I do something different. Like I screenshot the original windows often and send mouse commands to it from the original plugin. Not sure how that would work, never done that. :oops:

Edit: maybe I could work on two ways of showing the interface: the current one and a new one that would allow resizing and other things. I will investigate a bit...

Beta 56 uploaded.

- Improved the Editor display. Also, when minimizing the host/daw, it will also close all bridged editors and reopen when restored.

Hi william , my compressor dtc-1 bridged vst2 64bits, i can opening , but button are static , i can ' t move sliders and button , it's freezed. :?

Strange, here it's working correctly. Can you help me with more details so I can track things down? Thanks.

Apr 18 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #058

- Added Tool Tips on all parameters.
- Removed the close-window on the bridged window, to avoid closing it by accident. You should always close the host's window instead.

New Files Uploaded. Updated the installer, it will auto-detect your Windows type and install either 32 or 64 bits manager version. Other files it always installs both so you can work with any type of plugins.

Also uploaded the public DEMONSTRATION version. If you guys could also test that one out. :cool: Thanks.

https://www.wusik.com/download/WIN_Wusi ... taller.exe

Very close to finishing up the WINDOWS version! :hyper:

Cheers, WilliamK

Hi William,
i can reproduce the problem with "static" controls, but not in Reaper, currently just in host-module of VCV Rack:
1. load any plugin
2. activate the plugin-window, works as expected
3. activate the host by clicking anywhere
4. re-activate the plugin-window, no inputs are possible until I close and open the plugin-editor

Also, the host still won't notice any parameter-changes made directly in the gui of the plugin.
Just checked VST2 for now.
Last edited by ben2012 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hope this helps...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apr 18 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #062

- Changed how automation works. Fixed a few things.
- Put back the code that brings the bridged window GUI/UI to the front when moving the mouse over the plugin interface.

That should help things out. I can't figure how to record plugin automation with Reaper. I tested on several plugins and none works. But I can draw an envelope and it works. I will try SONAR tomorrow and see how it goes.

Cheers, WilliamK

Maybe this will help you, I added the filter cutoff to the track controls. The two controls should be synchronized no matter where changed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Seems to be working here, is just Reaper that is not refreshing the knob. If you move the mouse over it it does. I will check with them if I'm missing something on my end, but the code is the same as the one I use on my engine, and it works correctly there. I will figure something out soon. :party: Thanks again. :hug:

Just tested in sonar, and it doesn't work correctly. So I will debug with sonar instead. ;-) It does READ automation, but does not WRITE. :dog:

NI Maschine 2.8.2: no automation data at all
MuLab 8.0.65 x64: host crashes immediently when loading any bridged plugin

I finally found what I did wrong in terms of Automation. :hyper: So now it's working correctly. Uploading new file now. Should be there in 10 minutes.

I will check MuLab, see if they got a demo I can test, otherwise I will contact the company.

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Instruments”