Vocal synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I notice a lot of this operatic style singing is filtering into hardcore music, which is cool but I guess they are not all hiring opera singers to sample, and I saw an ad >>>>>>>> over there for "voices of opera"

So are these romplers / synths any good ? Anyone have experience with them ? They aren't cheap which is why i'd rather do some research before plunging.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Are they any good? Do you have a use for their sounds? If yes, they are. If no, they're not. You're the only one who can answer your question. Demo them. Do you like them? Yes, no? Some people use them (I do) and some people don't. How is anybody here going to be able to tell you whether or not you're going to like them.

Have you listened to them? Do you like the way they sound? Can you see a use for them in the music you do? Do you feel the use you'll get out of them justifies what you'll have to pay for them?

These are the questions you have to ask yourself and nobody here can answer them for you.

I use Vocaloid. 99% of the people here hate it. Does that mean it's bad? I think it's one of the coolest things ever made.

Demo, ask the questions and decide for yourself.

No one here has the answers you want.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:48 am Are they any good? Do you have a use for their sounds? If yes, they are. If no, they're not. You're the only one who can answer your question. Demo them. Do you like them? Yes, no? Some people use them (I do) and some people don't. How is anybody here going to be able to tell you whether or not you're going to like them.

Have you listened to them? Do you like the way they sound? Can you see a use for them in the music you do? Do you feel the use you'll get out of them justifies what you'll have to pay for them?

These are the questions you have to ask yourself and nobody here can answer them for you.

I use Vocaloid. 99% of the people here hate it. Does that mean it's bad? I think it's one of the coolest things ever made.

Demo, ask the questions and decide for yourself.

No one here has the answers you want.
OK I'll rephrase it, are they authentic, I mean do they actually sound like a vocal, or are they synthetic ?

Ive tried something similar in the past and it sounded like a sample with FX and it sounded awful.

Depends on the product. Vocaloid, no? Sample playback products, yes. But they're limited to what you can do with them.

Again, listen and see for yourself.

I have quite a few Kontakt vocal libraries that I like but I'm not sure if this is what you are after...

Output Exhale?

Izotope Vocalsynth?

Right now i'm after an operatic voice, sustaining a note, or a series of notes.

LeVzi wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:48 am Right now i'm after an operatic voice, sustaining a note, or a series of notes.
There are very few products that offer those specific features.

Aeris by VIR2 comes awfully close and it does choirs.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Thanks all :)

Check out vi-control as well it is more soundtrack oriented I saw a few threads in there on voices of opera.

Another option is soundirons voices of rapture.

They're all using Soundiron and EastWest libraries, like Voices of Rapture and Hollywood Choirs, and yes they are very good. And to be clear the people making the loops are using those libraries, the actual producers are using Splice and Loopmaster if we're being honest.

Return to “Instruments”