bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:56 pm
Raddler1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:17 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:15 pm $129 after voucher for me. LMAO.

That's okay. I still have no idea what this thing even sounds like.
Seriously?! You've been replying for pages and pages in this thread about your opinion on this synth and you haven't even tried it? That's some kind of talent you got there.
Not only haven't I tried it, I haven't even listened to one video, demo or anything. Why? At this price, I wouldn't care if it sounded like Caruso on steroids. No way do I pay THAT kind of money for an Oberheim SEM.

So talent has nothing to do with it. It's just common sense when it comes to spending my hard earned money.
So that's to say that if I offered you a real Oberheim SEM hardware synth for 129$ you would refuse it?

And you can't use the argument that the bx_oberhausen plugin doesn't sound like a real SEM because you haven't heard it yet.

Raddler1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Seriously?! You've been replying for pages and pages in this thread about your opinion on this synth and you haven't even tried it? That's some kind of talent you got there.
Not only haven't I tried it, I haven't even listened to one video, demo or anything. Why? At this price, I wouldn't care if it sounded like Caruso on steroids. No way do I pay THAT kind of money for an Oberheim SEM.

So talent has nothing to do with it. It's just common sense when it comes to spending my hard earned money.
So that's to say that if I offered you a real Oberheim SEM hardware synth for 129$ you would refuse it?

And you can't use the argument that the bx_oberhausen plugin doesn't sound like a real SEM because you haven't heard it yet.
If you offered me a real Oberheim SEM synth for $129, knowing I could sell it on Ebay for thousands, yes, I'd take it.

I have no use for it and no place to put it.

Now how about getting off my back?

Raddler1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm

I wouldn't....that 129 can be spend way better (in my case)

I'd take a SEM for 129 €. :ud:

i would pay $129 for a new back :) jus' sayin'
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

We’re not talking about a real SEM to begin with, and I wouldn’t pay $129 for the Oberhausen either. I got it for $50, and I’ll wager that it’ll go on sale again in 6 months for something like $69. So, why would anyone want to pay that for the Oberhausen? We’re all familiar the PA pricing strategy at work here. Anytime they throw out a price for something that seems excessive to me, I know to wait.

Hmm.. I have well over 20 PA plugins.. I didn't get any sort of offer.
I must say their discount system is a bit of a mystery ;-)
Anyway it's a pretty cool first synth from PA but it doesn't bring enough new to the table for me right now to jump in at full price.
I have the Arturia version which isn't quite as lush as bx_oberschnitzel, I'll be sticking with that for now.
Hope to see more (original) synths from PA though!

So...it seems that we are in the Oberheim season?

https://new.steinberg.net/rast-a/

tenfingers wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm Hmm.. I have well over 20 PA plugins.. I didn't get any sort of offer.
I must say their discount system is a bit of a mystery ;-)
Anyway it's a pretty cool first synth from PA but it doesn't bring enough new to the table for me right now to jump in at full price.
I have the Arturia version which isn't quite as lush as bx_oberschnitzel, I'll be sticking with that for now.
Hope to see more (original) synths from PA though!
Definitely check your junk e-mail folder (and go back a few days) even if you are pretty sure you’ve sorted it out before. I dig about every 3rd PA sales offer or voucher out of my junk folder. I don’t know why it sometimes goes there. I just know to check.

W23 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 pm
Definitely check your junk e-mail folder (and go back a few days) even if you are pretty sure you’ve sorted it out before. I dig about every 3rd PA sales offer or voucher out of my junk folder. I don’t know why it sometimes goes there. I just know to check.
Thanks - I found it in the spam folder.. doh!

tenfingers wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:34 pm
W23 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 pm
Thanks - I found it in the spam folder.. doh!
:tu:

Still playing with this until trial period lets me. And this is definatly one of the best sounding software synths to me. Every time i play it, the sound gives me hardware like quality sound. That thickness and clarity. Its really on par with Repros.

This one is (at least for me) quite inspiring with a pleasant fat sound and clear accessible interface. First I was skeptical because of the usual PA hype and marketing blabla, but the demo persuaded me that it fits into my sound world. Sometimes strange things happen...

Yes, i have similar feelings as when using monark or repro. Works really well, fat and punchy. Also the effects are not as bad as was said before, though they're quite limited. Actually make me revisit bx rooms, as the reverb sounds quite good.

waltercruz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 pm So...it seems that we are in the Oberheim season?

https://new.steinberg.net/rast-a/
This year we have FIVE seasons.

Return to “Instruments”