Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

I would like them to make Biscuit OTO a module.

+1 lame sequencers, I just wrote to them the other day telling them they really need to start making a bunch of better sequencers in there before anything else, licensed or not.

going external with Thesys or SeqCollection is OK but it's just not the same thing at all as having it in the rack with the wires.

Trying to decide between the SMS resonator and Clouds for the next module to buy

Do these come with NKS presets?

https://www.softube.com/modular wrote:
NKS-ready: Integrates with Native Instruments hardware and software. Plug-in parameters and presets can be controlled from KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:24 am
https://www.softube.com/modular wrote:
NKS-ready: Integrates with Native Instruments hardware and software. Plug-in parameters and presets can be controlled from KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE.
Yes but that didn't seem to apply for the presets for the last addon I bought (Braids) so wanted to know if this is the same for other addons or just because it's new.

I think you can download each module as a demo for two weeks (maybe 30 days) and check. But that seems odd that Braids wouldn’t have NKS presets.

New Buchla 296e 16-band equalizer module is out. Hardware costs upwards of 3k (okaaaay...). This module's introductory price is 100 euros (well, 99...). Any thoughts on that? Personally I think this will be the 1st model I won't buy. Getting a bit fed up with dumping money in the Modular eco system and not getting basic usability back. And it' s not as if 100 euro is a no-brainer for a *single* module in a software-modular context. I mean... wow... Even Modular itself is less expensive. Intro price of 40, final price of 80 would have felt more reasonable to me.

What I'd like to see first, instead of the addition of single $100+ modules, is stuff like:
- decent preset browser (preferably with tagging / metadata)
- show/hide all cables / adjust cable tension / pick cable colours
- add patch notes to patches (a 1hp text-module for example)
- easy way to add/move/delete modules
- copy/paste modules or sets of modules from one patch to another
- simple MIDI learn for all buttons on all modules (not just the idiotic quasi-UI-button modules)
- at the well-known wishes for specific kinds of modules (Turing / Euclidean sequencer / more interesting filters and oscillators / etc).

Any thoughts?
Mac, Logic, some synths, software, stuff and unstuff, with and without knobs

I did end up buying the 296e, which you can find a bit cheaper at places like JRR. But I totally agree about the cost per module, lack of improvements to basic functionality, etc. I’m not sure if I’ll continue to invest in this platform. It does sound better than VCV Rack, but sound quality per module isn’t the only factor to consider.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I have zero use for the new module, especially at a hundred bucks. Insane.

buchla aint licencing cheap ;)

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm buchla aint licencing cheap ;)
The other Buchla modules were no where near this much on sale.

I think it's worth it

https://www.kmraudio.com/buchla-296e-sp ... module.php

Just can't afford it right now

wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm
module, singular. before now there was only the 259e, which at $99 RRP is closer to the price of this than it is to any of the other modules.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:35 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pm
module, singular. before now there was only the 259e, which at $99 RRP is closer to the price of this than it is to any of the other modules.
Well, when I got it from JRR Shop it was only $79. If it's $99 now I wasn't aware of it. FTR, if I had to pay $99 for the 259e then, I wouldn't have gotten it. When single modules are more than the whole base system, IMO, that's a problem.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:19 pm I think it's worth it

https://www.kmraudio.com/buchla-296e-sp ... module.php

Just can't afford it right now
im not saying its not worth it, i cant see buchla putting their name on anything that wasn't up to snuff. so i expect the module is great.
but the buchla quality does come at a slightly higher price.

don't get me wrong, if i won the lottery, a full hardware buchla system would be on order before the last ball stopped bouncing in the tube thing.
obviously id have to do the lottery at some point for this to occur.
so im certainly not averse to paying for such things :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”