1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been seeing a lot of DAW hate swirling around here so I thought I'd give it a place to be expressed. No logical reason is needed. Since hate is such a strong emotion I gave the option of choosing up to three DAWs to hate. You have 30 days to release your hate.

Logic Pro, since it gated Alchemy behind a specific DAW on an operating system I dislike using.

Hating a DAW? People have way too much energy if they're able to waste it on a piece of software that they're not forced to use.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yay, more shitfests. :roll:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Don’t hate any of them. Better would have been, which won’t you use.

Where do I even begin... ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

There are two important entries missing:
1 Fish
2 Pointless polls

I don't hate any of them. I have strong likes and dislikes philosophically. Actually I think in the last 1-2 years DAW's have come a long way and companies like Studio One, FL studio and Reason* are even admitting to needing CPU optimization which I'm sure was a tough pill to swallow.

*Reason did a little with 10, but 10.3 should go further.

I'm all about workflow enhancements like that (pdc, better mousetrap, etc)

Whatever is typically the most loved, will also be the most hated. Life 101.
Have you tried Vital?

I don't hate any DAWS...I do however have my own history of grudges against FANS of a Particular DAW.
People who shove their Program down your throat.

"Hey guys Look at this pretty Song I made in Mixcr-"

"YOU USE MIXCRAFT, THATS A TOY, DOWNLOAD REAPER AND START PRODUCING IN THE BIG LEAGUES KIDDO"

Reaper is the main one but also Ableton.
Back when I used FL you wouldn't believe the annoying superiority complex of Ableton users I found looking down on FL. Goin on about how much better it is and this and that...

I mean...

Ableton is now my main program so maybe they were right but It Was Still Annoying :hihi: :hihi:
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

None of them, because they help me make music.

I'm lucky I have the option to choose the one that I enjoy to work in.
:borg:

Well, at least this isn't a thread about mac vs. pc.

I've usually quit using a DAW, long long before I've had any time to hate one... It's difficult to objectively hate an entire DAW however, and really it's more about specific aspects which I don't like, and it's from these aspects in which I'm able to decide on what DAW that I use and prefer to use. In some cases you have no choice like on the Linux platform where you don't have many options to pick from.

With being said, if being held at gun point to vote based on my experience with them...I had to pick..

Reaper
FLStudio
Sonar Bandlab
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Steve Bolivar wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 pmI've been seeing a lot of DAW hate swirling around here
I've been seeing the OP uses Tracktion but recently got Studio 1. Hmm....
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Garage Band is a DAW? Didn't know that. :lol: So I voted for it.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”