LiquidSonics Lustrous Plates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New from LiquidSonics...
https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/lustrous-plates/
Available direct for $149 intro until April 21st (then $199), or with Slate Everything.

I have the slate sub but it won't show up in Gobbler. Ticket sent but I no can play wit right now :cry:

Just testing it out.... I am comparing it to UVI Plate atm. LLP has a big, transparent, liquidy sound. So far I am really liking it. I went in thinking I have enough plate reverbs. UVI Plate is showing me that it's very versatile and capable of some extreme customization. LLP not so much - this is not a problem because LLP has a different approach to the plate sound. I have a bunch of other Liquidsonics products and I can see they've adopted their big thick but transparent reverb sound to LLP. I am thinking the opposite now - that LLP will supplement my plate options nicely - I can't think of a plate reverb I have that is so clean and thick sounding! :phones:

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:06 pm I have the slate sub but it won't show up in Gobbler. Ticket sent but I no can play wit right now :cry:
From Slate :

The not-quite-as-good news is, we just had such a high volume of members trying to access their licenses simultaneously that we crashed the servers momentarily. They'll be back up soon!

We know this is frustrating when you're craving that new reverb magic, and we apologize for the delay. We know it sucks. I just wanted to personally say thanks for hanging in there while we get the servers back up and running.
More BPM please

Cool.

plexuss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:16 pmI can't think of a plate reverb I have that is so clean and thick sounding! :phones:
That's the description I was looking for :D

Beautiful reverb!

I'm so jelly!

(and now for the question that will be on some's mind)

how's the cpu? :D

Here's an example compared with UVI Plate. The clips are:

Synth: dry / Lustrous Plates / UVI
Guitar: dry / Lustrous Plates / UVI
All: dry / Lustrous Plates / UVI

:phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/li ... te/s-QkPjO

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:15 pm ...how's the cpu? :D
Seconded :ud:

nordickvr wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm
Way more efficient than UVI Plate, thank fook!

nordickvr wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:45 pm
I ran 8 instances with the damper all the way off and efficiency on low. 2010 mac pro 12-core 3GHz, Logic 10.4.4 - running at 96k, it would play in real time with some clicking. :phones:

Oh, the license thing is killing me :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLoyg3JKRQ

I'm all set. Demoed, purchased. Hard to resist with such a clean thick sound which is quite unique for a digital plate reverb. and with my discounts It was easy to decide to get it. :phones:

i suspect the cpu demand to be a LOT less on the lustrous than the uvi since lustrous is IR based as opposed to uvi which is an algo. right?

and from your examples plex on my end ... the lustrous has a sense of air and space included which a plate technically can't give you.

don't get me wrong the lustrous sounds really nice but it does not sound like a plate to me... not completely. i sense no 'metallic' essence :) thnx for the info and examples :) cheers
Last edited by MadDogE134 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Effects”