56%
No
22%
Don't Care
22%

Total votes: 219

RELATED
PRODUCTS

if you are a programmer it's nirvana. i mean, imagine a scenario where you have two morphed wave oscillators that are modulated by standard means, then trashed separately with two syncable oscillators.... now SAMPLE THAT. then use that sample as a modulation source in a modular patch environment, and use the third oscillator to fm the filter. the mind boggles.

the question is two fold.

1: would you rather have this or massive x? because, i haven't heard this thing yet, but i imagine it's going to equal the sound of reaktor... and honestly it looks a lot more accessible and useful to me. if it's same sound i'm buying massive x at this point.

2: is it worth the bloat?

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:18 pm "performers", modulate by audio sample... sheesh. you are going to get all kinds of new "go crazy" modulations out of this thing.
where did you read that ? i don't get how it will work.

(Serum can already FM modulate from audio samples, the noise osc is a sampler)

Is the GUI scalable?

it's right on the front page of the no page people. just google massive x . serum is trash.

The GUI is more than fine. It looks clean and functional.
I don't know if I'm interested in the synth itself though.
Will demo.

Chris-S wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 pm Is the GUI scalable?
Read the blog.

https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... massive-x/

So, it has a "resize-option" whatever this is meaning.
Anyway, I'm liking the Gorilla-King. :D

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:07 pm Of course it's the functionality that matters but if you're going to be spending hours and hours working with any plugin don't you think it would be better if you found its appearance pleasing as well ?

I don't know about you but I find it much more enjoyable working with a GUI that I find pleasing in appearance as opposed to something I just tolerate. :shrug:
I agree and this is why I rarely think to bring out Massive. It's not a bad GUI but I don't like looking at it.

I think the UI is a total mess.
But also I don't care much.

looks like the people who don't like it are just a lot more vocal than those who do like it. Well obviously.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

When first screenshot was shown I didn't like it but now I think it's ok. Seems to be logically arranged, don't take too much space, is tidy and elegant. Gives me feeling that I'm in the lab which is a good thing for a sound designer :)

Is this still coming in June?

dangerdan92 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:17 pm Is this still coming in June?
As far as we know, yes.

Return to “Instruments”