EnergyXT - Are Batteries Dead ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnergyXT, has over the years has been quite a wierd development to look at from my perspective, it's rarely if ever mentioned here among the circle of DAWs, perhaps in a similar way that Renoise isn't. It's entry level price...and the way it's been attached to Computer Music magazine in it's giveaway form feels like it kinda signals the death bed of software, perhaps the death-knell of future development even. Is this really the case, and there is still some life in those batteries to compete against the competition at the lower price point ? I'm quite settled with what I'm using DAW wise, but just a little curious about that little spot sitting out in the horizon of the vast desert... has the oasis dried up out there.. ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Your post is complete nonsense, you need to edit it to say EnergyXT 2, 1.4 was one of the most talked about hosts here in the early days, until the developer lost the plot entirely.
Duh

Agreed. EnergyXT 2 could have been great if it built on 1.4, but it really just didn't go anywhere beyond v2, despite the insistence of the developer that it was still being worked on every time the lack of updates was mentioned...
Sweet child in time...

There have been a few surprise updates once in a while, which honestly just make me laugh. It had such a promising start and such an aggressive pace of development. And then... nothing.

I consider it dead. I moved on to Bidule for all my modular VST patching needs.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I still have EnergyXT 2.7 and 1.4 installed, and use 2.7 all the time as a quick scratch pad for writing direct to audio. Like everyone else I was disappointed when version 2 came out because it was such a departure from 1.4, but in the end it grew on me. Its sad that Jorgen has abandoned it.

Would be cool if it would become open source also, like the Surge synth.

classic wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 am Would be cool if it would become open source also, like the Surge synth.
That would be better than nothing I guess.

It would be better if he sold the source code to a new developer who could port it to 64 bit and add new features. Tracktion did it, so why not Energyxt. His website is still active and the software can still be bought for the grand sum of 19 euros. A straight forward business takeover.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”