Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQP-Bundle - Vintage Passive EQ/Filters

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VQP-Bundle Vintage Passive EQ/Filters

Fuse Audio Labs presents the VQP-Bundle - Vintage Passive EQ/Filters

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

FUSE AUDIO LABS BRINGS YOU THE VQP-BUNDLE, A PRECISE EMULATION OF TWO RARE PASSIVE EQUALIZERS/FILTERS FROM THE 50S.

ON SALE FOR ONLY $24.50 UNTIL APRIL 18TH 2019! (REGULAR $49)

ABOUT THE VQP-258A / VQP-259A PLUGINS

The VQP-258A and VQP-259A plugins are faithful recreations of two entirely passive EQs / filters that were introduced in the 50s. Unlike its competitors from the same era, the 258A offered two widely orthogonal and intuitive controls that were capable of independently cutting or boosting the low and high frequency spectrum, whereas the 259A filter cascade excelled in its wide range of settings.

Using state of the art circuit-modeling techniques a meticulous rebuild of the original 258-A program equalizer was converted into a software emulation that features all the intricacies of the hardware version, including band interaction and inductor/transformer core saturation. An emulation of the 259-A filter cascade was added to allow for cleaning up the low and high ends of your mix where necessary.

The VQP-Bundle includes
  • Precise emulation of the original 258-A and 259-A circuits
  • Intuitive controls
  • Interactive filter bands
  • Musical EQ curves
  • A wide range of settings
Uses for the VQP-Bundle
  • Remove low end rumble or harsh highs
  • Apply gentle and musical equalization to virtually any source
  • Tighten up the low end of your sources
  • Feature or tame your mid band
  • Add pleasant coloration to your mixes
Download your fully functional 14-day trial here: https://fuseaudiolabs.com/product.html? ... #downloads

TRIALS AND PLUGIN ACTIVATION

You can test our plugins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be sent to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link on our website

https://fuseaudiolabs.com/#faq

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.com/#support

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs

Lovely,,,,

another fuse insta-buy for me!

Mr. Spock wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:39 pm another fuse insta-buy for me!
Same here :)

Just been using for the last hour or so and getting some nice results. I think the VQP 259-A needs a trim control (had to add one after using it). Strange that the VQP 259-A does not have a trim control but the VQP 258-A does.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

It's a good idea to take a look at th 258 curves with Plugin Doctor or another response visualizer - it doesn't respond the way you might think :phones:

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 pm It's a good idea to take a look at th 258 curves with Plugin Doctor or another response visualizer - it doesn't respond the way you might think :phones:
yup, more like pultecs.

Mr. Spock wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 pm It's a good idea to take a look at th 258 curves with Plugin Doctor or another response visualizer - it doesn't respond the way you might think :phones:
yup, more like pultecs.
I'm not seeing pultec action. More like:

- low frequ acts most like a cut/boost shelf
- high frq boost is a bell
- high frq cut is a shelf

There are some complex interactions between the two bands in certain configurations. of course just use your ears. I also find it helps to see whats going on for better understanding and reproducability. :phones:

Each time i say "I don't need any more compressors or EQs"... that doesn't apply to Fuse Audio Labs.

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:55 pm
Mr. Spock wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 pm
yup, more like pultecs.
I'm not seeing pultec action. More like:

- low frequ acts most like a cut/boost shelf
- high frq boost is a bell
- high frq cut is a shelf

There are some complex interactions between the two bands in certain configurations. of course just use your ears. I also find it helps to see whats going on for better understanding and reproducability. :phones:
looks pultec-like to me. here in comparison to the ignite amps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sound really great ! bought it after 2 hours of testing ...

Digging the bundle. Love how just running through the 258a gives the bottom end some extra density and a nice effect on the stereo imaging.

Just going by the image, I'm trying to get my head around it...

- Are they 2 completely separate plugins or a stacked duo interface as shown?
- What is the "100C/OFF/40C" switch?
- Is the Low freq of the 258-A fixed? If so, what frequency?
- Are the gain of the filters of the 259-A fixed? If so, at what gain?

Looks like one has fixed frequencies and the other has fixed gain, or they control each other, or something.

it's 2 seperate plugins. 100cycles/40cycles...you can switch low band from 40Hz to 100Hz.

not sure what you mean by "gain of the filters". It's highpass and low pass filters.

Thank you that clears it up for me. C = cycles AKA Hertz and 259-A is high/lowpass - now I get it. Cheers :)

Return to “Effects”