Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

mholloway wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:22 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:55 pm
metalifuxx wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:53 pm Ubermod's interface was just never intuitive enough to use and dial up a delay easily for me.
+1.
+2.

I still don't 'get' how to use Ubermod. Too many tabs, too many confusing controls.

Valhalla Plate on the other hand... easy as pie, always sounds good :P
I don't really compare Ubermod to the other Valhalla Plugins because it seems like more of a toolbox for exotic effects that are somewhere between standard delay/reverb/chorus/flange. So the interface is necessarily more obscure than, say, Plate.

That said, while I understand every parameter of Ubermod and think it's super cool, I'm not always exactly sure what to do with it :)

So it'll be good having a dedicated Valhalla delay that goes beyond Freq, for sure.

Ubermod takes some digging into when you first use it but it's not too difficult once you know it and from there it's pretty simple to set up some simple delays. It's always chorused tho so Valhalla delay is no doubt going to be very different, hopefully control over the L and R is going to open this up to a load of sounds that Ubermod wouldn't be able to do.

I do love the way ubermod trails out. I saved a few of my own delays that are pretty basic, even quicker to load one of those up and go from there if speed is ever the name of the game. One of my favourite plugins for sure.

Any updates as to when this might drop?!

2018, apparently :)

Jorock wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:47 pm Any updates as to when this might drop?!
As far as I know, no more recent update than we heard at the end of last year which said the release date got moved to Q1 2019. So assuming that doesn't slip, it will be this month. Could be tomorrow. Could be the 31st.

So is Christmas 🎄
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

sweet!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I'm not into force-feeding puppies, but if Valhalla Delay isn't out within two hours I will buy Valhalla Plate as a form of uncontrolled GAS. I'm warning you Sean. I'm cereal. Supercereal.

Excelsior!

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

That's a good threat!
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Can't wait to get this in my plugins folder. Sean writes exceptional code and his GUI's are perfect!

So why did Sean stop posting at kvr? Got bored? He can't be that busy...

perfumer wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:14 am So why did Sean stop posting at kvr? Got bored? He can't be that busy...
Haven't seen him on Gearslutz either.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Calm down guys, he's just decided to release it for himself only (that's how the delay is good, imagine)
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Return to “Effects”