Crossover/frequency splitter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a decent Linkwitz-Riley crossover VST filter with 2 or 3 bands. 64-bit, stable, easy on CPU, no multiple outputs, I want to keep the routing simple and solo one band at time. Variable slope would be great.

I tried RS-MET and Christian Budde Linkwitz-Riley plugins and they don't suit the requirements.

I would appreciate any hints.

Check out the free bundle from Melda. It has the MRatioMB plugin that sounds like what you want.

Hornet has a decent crossover called 3XOver, it has four stereo outputs for every band and the bypass, but you can route them internally as you like.

ReverendLove wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 am Hornet has a decent crossover called 3XOver, it has four stereo outputs for every band and the bypass, but you can route them internally as you like.
Is it flat?

Thanks for the suggestions. Just tried 3XOver and it's not transparent at all. I will give MRatioMB a try, I'm trying to avoid linear phase mode and the latency it brings, hope that hybrid mode is good enough.

Exie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:10 pm Thanks for the suggestions. Just tried 3XOver and it's not transparent at all. I will give MRatioMB a try, I'm trying to avoid linear phase mode and the latency it brings, hope that hybrid mode is good enough.
It's not flat either. Maybe give the Blur Cat Audio plugins a try.

I use FabFilter Pro MB for such things in linear phase mode. Sometimes the dynamic phase mode is flat too.

marzelli wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:43 pm I use FabFilter Pro MB for such things in linear phase mode. Sometimes the dynamic phase mode is flat too.
I appreciate the feedback. I've demoed Pro-MB and it seems to use Linkwitz-Riley in dynamic mode indeed, frequency and phase response are the best they could be with zero latency. A bit too serious tool for such simple task but it's light on CPU at least. I'll give it a closer look.

Yeah it indeed is a beast for such a simple task. But I experienced the (different for low/high pass) continuous filter slope is a gods gift :D

Debutante wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:13 am
ReverendLove wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:17 am Hornet has a decent crossover called 3XOver, it has four stereo outputs for every band and the bypass, but you can route them internally as you like.
Is it flat?
Nope 3XOver is not designed to be flat at all, it's meant as an effect :)

Saverio

Exie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:00 pm I'm looking for a decent Linkwitz-Riley crossover VST filter with 2 or 3 bands. 64-bit, stable, easy on CPU, no multiple outputs, I want to keep the routing simple and solo one band at time. Variable slope would be great.

I tried RS-MET and Christian Budde Linkwitz-Riley plugins and they don't suit the requirements.

I would appreciate any hints.
https://www.tb-software.com/TBProAudio/ISOL8.html

There's Gaffel by Klevgrand:
https://klevgrand.se/products/gaffel

I stumbled upon Gaffel but price tag seems to be ridiculous for what it does. And ISOL8 looks like a great freebie. Thanks for your help, mates. Case closed.

Return to “Effects”