MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

This thread seems so dead...hopefully something comes along and spices things up again ;)
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

I recently remastered this track using outboard analogue gear. I always like hearing the bass - how it articulates. It's MODO. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/dads-new-car

This one as well has some nice MODO on it. This was also recently remastered with outboard analogue gear. warm!

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/poltergeist

Question to Cubase users:
Anyone of you maybe created an "Expression Map" for MODO Bass v1.5+ and would like to share that? That'd be interesting to check out
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hoping they'll release the guitars later this year...it's now been almost 2 years since the release of the basses.

6 days to go before it will be exactly 2 calendar years since the first post of this topic was made.

The bass already sounds amazing. Adding in guitars will bring a lot of in-the-box producers online. The basses are so good they could easily replace the real thing. I imagine the guitars if done properly would be able to compete with the genuine article.

Would anyone else like to see IK add a Danelectro baritone guitar to MODO Bass?
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

plexuss wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:23 am I recently remastered this track using outboard analogue gear. I always like hearing the bass - how it articulates. It's MODO. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/dads-new-car

This one as well has some nice MODO on it. This was also recently remastered with outboard analogue gear. warm!

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/poltergeist

I can hardly hear the bass. Is this about electric bass?! 8)

tremolounge wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:40 pm Would anyone else like to see IK add a Danelectro baritone guitar to MODO Bass?
That probably won't be released until the e-guitar version comes out...a baritone guitar would indeed be nice!

Two new bass models were added to the collection late last year.

Maybe a nice surprise will happen this year...they won't say or tell anything...but since the basses were released I can say one for sure - I've been waiting for the e-guitars. I can handle the drums fine using samples. Handling the guitars is a different matter and samples can never do justice to something as complex as a guitar.

2 years have passed now since the opening of this topic and announcement of the basses.

I do remember that it was around December (or November?) last year when the two new bass models were released.

Maybe something nice will happen then...and if not I'll just add another year (or two?) to my wish timer ;)

Can't wait for the guitars and the drums. Fingers crossed that a new child is born into the MODO family this year ;)

I do have a FR regarding MODO Bass itself.

I noticed that currently there are few parameters which we cannot control without mouse clicks. It would be very beneficial to create basslines with more realism if we can automate the following parameters using MIDI and/or host automation, listed below.

in Model:
We don't build basses during performance so no change here :)

in Play Style:

TOUCH (changing this parameter have a short loading time)

Detach Noise + Slide Noise
(These two are crucial for realism, too many sounds lousy and too few sounds fake, need to automate so the noise pops out where we want it to happen)
Or, another possibility is to add a key-switch to manually trigger slide noise and finger-on/off-string noise.

in Strings:
We usually don't change string during performance also (hopefully), so we don't need to automate them.

in Electronics:
It would be nice to be able to automate the Volume of pickups, and the TONE/EQ so we can make changes to the tone of the bass for different purposes within the duration of a musical piece.

in Amp/FX:
I suppose if we want finer control over effects, it would be best to use specific plugin for that.
It would be nice to expose some parameters to the host, such as Gain, BASS, MID, TREBLE, AMP/DI/MASTER volumes. However doing so might crowd up the list of parameters.

in Control:
Automating Vibrato Rate is essential to create realism, especially for fills and ornaments.
It would be nice to automate Slide Range as well for those who cannot control the pitchwheel with finesse (like me).

you can manually set strings you want to play, including playing all on one string. there are keyswitches for that.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

C'mon E-Guitars.

But yeah I'd agree I'd like to see some more CC controllers involved as the sound of course evolves throughout the track.

Burillo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am you can manually set strings you want to play, including playing all on one string. there are keyswitches for that.
Yes I understand that we can change the string that we play on.
What I meant is, we don't change a set of string during performance, so it's not reasonable, in order to achieve realism, to automate string material related parameters such as ACTION, TYPE, GAUGE, or AGE. But other playing-related parameters would be nice to be automate-able.

ah, apologies, my bad.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Instruments”