Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^Man that looks sweet.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Deep Purple wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 am Still waiting patiently for my eBay purchase scheduled for delivery Wednesday. This is what I'll be getting:

How much was it to ship that tree trunk ? :wink:
No auto tune...

Deep Purple wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 am Still waiting patiently for my eBay purchase scheduled for delivery Wednesday. This is what I'll be getting:

does it have the pups wired like my two ibanez's? Looks awesome :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

@tapper mike - I wasn't sure at first with the white body, but plenty of contrast with the pearloid pick guard and the black hardware. Wasn't hard to make a decision though, as it's $265 because it's a factory second due to a small discolored area in the wood of the body that's barely noticeable (it's basically about a square inch in area between the bridge and the strap button - it's visible with a closeup photo, but I can't even see it in this photo at all)

@digitalboytn - $29.95 to ship, which I think is a bargain for a tree that size!

@hink - it's a new factory second, so there should be no mods to it, but I think all RGs are series wired humbuckers, a true single coil and a 5-way switch with standard Strat style switching.
Sweet child in time...

Yeah, I've got some discoloration on my fretboard. It's Maple and it's just a little more brown in parts. I too paid $275 for an otherwise 399 guitar.

Quite honestly I wouldn't give a crap about the discoloration even if it was obvious, as I'm pretty sure it's not going to have any adverse affect on the way the guitar plays. Considering the fact this one is almost unnoticeable, I consider this guitar to be a hell of a bargain!
Sweet child in time...

well paint colour effects tone.
just ask egg shaped nutter billy corgan.

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:24 pm well paint colour effects tone.
I always contend that old 'Hondo' bass I had in the early 90s was a much better instrument after I sprayed it silver (from 'natural'). It was still shite and a bastard to play, but it looked f**king cool.

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:19 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:24 pm well paint colour effects tone.
I always contend that old 'Hondo' bass I had in the early 90s was a much better instrument after I sprayed it silver (from 'natural'). It was still shite and a bastard to play, but it looked f**king cool.
here's one for yah my friend, 400 bux

The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Some of those 1960s hagstroms were nice in some respects. Early on Frank Zappa played a hagstrom.

The later ones may have been better dunno I didn't see many hagstroms after the 1960s.

Guitarist in my high school awful garage band had a 6 string similar to hink's picture. But it had lipstick case pickups IIRC and may have been 3 pickups.

Had a skinny fast neck in purt good adjustment and was a good surf clean guitar tone or twangy soul/r&b rhythm styles.

The guitar just refused to convincingly distort. Guy had ampeg 12" tube reverberocket which should have had some kind of convincing distortion cranked to 11 for a Yardbirds or Electric Prunes masterpiece, but no dice. Just real loud clean-ish jangle.

Feed into cheesy 60s fuzztone that ought to distort ANYTHING, but no love the hagstrom cranked to 10 for long sustain "smokestack lightning" or whatever power chord just made a short decay "blerp" thats all she wrote. :)

Guess a modern fuzz box could distort one ok. And they seemed well made guitars except the oddball pickups. Maybe other models had hotter pickups dunno.

JCJR wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:36 pm Just real loud clean-ish jangle.

Now we're talking. :love:

How much paint, wood, finish, etc. affect tone is probably something that will be debated forever and then some. Personally I think blue guitars create a very sad tone, especially when you play in D minor.
Sweet child in time...

No Blue guitars in my collection. Thanks man now I have a goal.

tapper mike wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:43 pm No Blue guitars in my collection. Thanks man now I have a goal.
:hihi:
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:46 pm How much paint, wood, finish, etc. affect tone is probably something that will be debated forever and then some. Personally I think blue guitars create a very sad tone, especially when you play in D minor.
Just cancel it out with matching fingernails:
viewtopic.php?p=7347011#p7347011

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”