AKWF Waveforms for Surge

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
toonertik
KVRAF
1506 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 am

PietW. wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 am
esaruoho wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 am

Well, I recently spent a while fixing the SurgePDF -> SurgeHTML documentation so all the images load properly - the manual is at http://surge-synthesizer.github.io/manual - I have been planning a re-write of the whole documentation.

Would be awesome to have a segment on Audio-Term. How could we make this happen?
Please excuse me but what do you mean by segment?
I think he means a "section" in the manual on Audioterm and how best to use it.

esaruoho
KVRist
283 posts since 4 Feb, 2010 from kontula, helsinki, finland

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm

PietW. wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 am
esaruoho wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 am
PietW. wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:23 am
If the Surgecommunity really wants to work with Audioterm as wavetable editor, I am willing to share my knowledge with you all so that everyone can get good results.
Well, I recently spent a while fixing the SurgePDF -> SurgeHTML documentation so all the images load properly - the manual is at http://surge-synthesizer.github.io/manual - I have been planning a re-write of the whole documentation.

Would be awesome to have a segment on Audio-Term. How could we make this happen?
Please excuse me but what do you mean by segment?
Chapter. Section. Part of the official Surge manual. :)

esaruoho
KVRist
283 posts since 4 Feb, 2010 from kontula, helsinki, finland

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:56 pm

toonertik wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:30 am
PietW. wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 am
esaruoho wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 am
Would be awesome to have a segment on Audio-Term. How could we make this happen?
Please excuse me but what do you mean by segment?
I think he means a "section" in the manual on Audioterm and how best to use it.
Exactly :)
thanks!

User avatar
AJYoung
KVRist
255 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:19 pm

So a while back when Serum first came out, I created a wavetable pack with all the Adventure Kid waveforms as wavetables. 1 Wavetable per category.

I don't know what format they need to be for use in Surge, as I haven't used it, but here they are in Serum format if it helps!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynnbm52g4 ... re+Kid.zip

Contents:
Adventure Kid Wavetables.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
8770 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 am

PietW. wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 am
esaruoho wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 am
PietW. wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:23 am
If the Surgecommunity really wants to work with Audioterm as wavetable editor, I am willing to share my knowledge with you all so that everyone can get good results.
Well, I recently spent a while fixing the SurgePDF -> SurgeHTML documentation so all the images load properly - the manual is at http://surge-synthesizer.github.io/manual - I have been planning a re-write of the whole documentation.

Would be awesome to have a segment on Audio-Term. How could we make this happen?
Please excuse me but what do you mean by segment?
I think he means a dedicated chapter in the manual about Audio-Term
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
976 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:17 am

There is not really a guide. I think it makes more sense to make a video by showing how it works.
I will also post here shortly. With the waveforms of AKWF I want to show how the waveforms find their way into Audioterm, how to create a wavetable according to their idea and wishes, how to interpolate between the waveforms to get soft transitions and finally to save your own wavetable and in Surge is imported.
Later, there is a video where I show how the wavetables are processed in the serum format so that results are feeble. If you have serum or Icarus, you can use it to build your wavetables, but without the audio term, you can not do it now. The audio files can only be converted into the format for serum with Audioterm.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
976 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 am

Create Wavetables for Surge with AKWF Single Cycle Waveforms. Sorry for the Quality :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuqWVi ... X4s_Gfn5l4
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
976 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:18 am

The matter with the VS waveforms. I have written to Korg to get a new written permission and wait for an answer every day.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

esaruoho
KVRist
283 posts since 4 Feb, 2010 from kontula, helsinki, finland

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 am

PietW. wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:17 am
There is not really a guide. I think it makes more sense to make a video by showing how it works.
I will also post here shortly. With the waveforms of AKWF I want to show how the waveforms find their way into Audioterm, how to create a wavetable according to their idea and wishes, how to interpolate between the waveforms to get soft transitions and finally to save your own wavetable and in Surge is imported.
Later, there is a video where I show how the wavetables are processed in the serum format so that results are feeble. If you have serum or Icarus, you can use it to build your wavetables, but without the audio term, you can not do it now. The audio files can only be converted into the format for serum with Audioterm.
Thing is, if we worked together, we could write a guide with audioterm screenshots and best practices and that kind of thing. There will need to be one since there's already that python script that takes waves from a folder and writes a .wt -file. to have one for audioterm would be really useful.
the guide could also include embedded youtube videos, i suppose.

esaruoho
KVRist
283 posts since 4 Feb, 2010 from kontula, helsinki, finland

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:54 am

PietW. wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 am
Create Wavetables for Surge with AKWF Single Cycle Waveforms. Sorry for the Quality :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuqWVi ... X4s_Gfn5l4
query, where's part2? :)

User avatar
PietW.
KVRian
976 posts since 6 May, 2010 from Munich, Germany

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 am

esaruoho wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:54 am
PietW. wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 am
Create Wavetables for Surge with AKWF Single Cycle Waveforms. Sorry for the Quality :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuqWVi ... X4s_Gfn5l4
query, where's part2? :)
How do you mean?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

esaruoho
KVRist
283 posts since 4 Feb, 2010 from kontula, helsinki, finland

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 am

PietW. wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 am
esaruoho wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:54 am
PietW. wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 am
Create Wavetables for Surge with AKWF Single Cycle Waveforms. Sorry for the Quality :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuqWVi ... X4s_Gfn5l4
query, where's part2? :)
How do you mean?
The linked video says Audioterm with Surge part 1

So i thought to ask: where is part2

Bump1
KVRist
314 posts since 3 Oct, 2009

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 am

PietW. wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 am
Create Wavetables for Surge with AKWF Single Cycle Waveforms. Sorry for the Quality :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuqWVi ... X4s_Gfn5l4
Any chance for a text-based walkthrough?? While I'm greatly appreciative of this tut, it's a bit hard to follow...especially with an already cryptic program like AT

esaruoho
KVRist
283 posts since 4 Feb, 2010 from kontula, helsinki, finland

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 am

Bump1 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 am
PietW. wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 am
Create Wavetables for Surge with AKWF Single Cycle Waveforms. Sorry for the Quality :-(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuqWVi ... X4s_Gfn5l4
Any chance for a text-based walkthrough?? While I'm greatly appreciative of this tut, it's a bit hard to follow...especially with an already cryptic program like AT
yeah this is absolutely why i was suggesting a guide for surge manual to be added about audioterm.. ;)

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
6538 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: AKWF Waveforms for Surge

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:29 pm

bump, unfortunately without a manual AT requires quite a bit of intuition and little bits
and pieces of info found in TY videos. but it gets easier and faster to use when you
get the hang of it! just learn the limitations of the type of files AT requires
and use the assemble screen to load up a few waveforms in the 1, 15 and 33 slots
then go to TEF screen and interpolate them. saving was kind of weird.
you have to hit the file type button and select <7> surge WT before
the save button appears. that drove me nuts.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”