Output Exhale OR Analog Strings?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I could choose/afford only one at the moment, what would you recommend?

I know, all the products are fantastic and it would depend on the use, but still. Just want to gather some opinions.

If you have any other favorite from Substance, Rev and Signal, I had be happy to know your thoughts on them too.

Thank you! :)

I own their total bundle and exhale is probobly my least favorite, I’d for sure pick analog strings ahead of it, analog brass is very cool aswell, substance is better than I expected, signal is limited in scope as it is only pulses/arpeggios,( by design) rev is interesting for textures and layering into a mix, top three for me would be

Analog strings

Analog brass

Substance
I'm Kinda a big Deal

I also have them all and would probably go Analog brass or strings (brass for me, but I had a lot of strings already). Exhale sounds cool but unless you are doing a lot of ambient/soundtrack stuff you may not find a lot of use for it.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I recommend you vst called Getting Started (aka what is best)

viewforum.php?f=74

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I am a bit surprised, because I thought Exhale is the best Output product and that it would be more useful in creating "songs" than other Output products, which seem primarily intended for cinematic/etc. stuff.

Would Exhale be good for hooks and stuff in instrument or vocal songs?
Analog Strings will find more use in general for all type of stuff, I guess.

I would skip Analog Brass and Winds. I am checking the demos and videos of other products in the meantime.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm I recommend you vst called Getting Started (aka what is best)

viewforum.php?f=74
Sorry, I did not exactly get you. Did you mean I should post there?

Considering Analog brass (more for the winds) - I have Analog strings and it is excellent

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:56 pm Considering Analog brass (more for the winds) - I have Analog strings and it is excellent
Analog Strings voted again... hmmm. Definitely this or Exhale. Tough choice!

I will skip Analog Brass and Winds because it is not the genre I plan to work on in future.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm I recommend you vst called Getting Started (aka what is best)

viewforum.php?f=74
Yes
What's this "Getting Started" forum?
This "Getting Started" forum (feel free to suggest a better name) should become the first port of call for anyone new to KVR and plug-ins in general. Any "what is the best" thread will live here, along with any other obvious newbie questions (if you see any appropriate in our other forums PM me the link and I'll move it here).

NOTE: Thread titles may be edited if necessary to make them more useful, and some of the posts within a thread may be edited, or even removed, to make them more concise.

NOTE: Although people insist on asking what the "best" XXX is we all know that it is generally a question that is impossible to answer; "best" is a very subjective concept, but of course that won't stop people asking ;) .
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=109784

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:33 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:32 pm

viewforum.php?f=74
Yes
What's this "Getting Started" forum?
This "Getting Started" forum (feel free to suggest a better name) should become the first port of call for anyone new to KVR and plug-ins in general. Any "what is the best" thread will live here, along with any other obvious newbie questions (if you see any appropriate in our other forums PM me the link and I'll move it here).

NOTE: Thread titles may be edited if necessary to make them more useful, and some of the posts within a thread may be edited, or even removed, to make them more concise.

NOTE: Although people insist on asking what the "best" XXX is we all know that it is generally a question that is impossible to answer; "best" is a very subjective concept, but of course that won't stop people asking ;) .
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=109784
Okay, thanks. I did not know such forum existed. I will post there too. :)

Delete
Last edited by Wholiveira on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm mildly interested in Rev, but only barely. I used to want them all, but my interest
in Kontakt libraries really didn't last too long. I cant imagine where you guys even put all
that stuff. Aside from the occasional Sonicouture design, or some reproduction of an
instrument I can never actually own. I cant get excited about this deal, even if its
exceptional. :shrug:

Kind of a bummer, as I really did want to get them. :?

*Maybe I just finally have too much stuff...

Wholiveira wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 pm Adding to this thread -

I would like people's well-reasoned, articulate opinions on whether or not Exhale is serviceable outside its genre cachet. Has the repitched vocal chop thing been exhausted? Sometimes I wonder if I'm not listening to the next Alvin and the Chipmunks record.

I also seek the opinion of anyone able to compare Output's strings and brass to Dronar.

Thanks in advance.
Even I would like to know more about Exhale, because it is expensive for me even at $150. I can imagine creating hooks with it, but not sure if it is still worth it.

pekbro wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:59 pm Kind of a bummer, as I really did want to get them. :?

*Maybe I just finally have too much stuff...
Ditto. This deal is somehow not that exciting as u-he deal, which I grabbed without a second thought. This is partly because what you said above, and I am not ready for the expenses. But somehow I still am attracted to Analog Strings. I don't think it will go below $99.5 ever. OTOH, Exhale is a unique instrument that will add something I don't have in my arsenal, but not sure if I should spend $150 for it. :?

viewforum.php?f=74
Presumably you have already asked a moderator to move the thread?

Return to “Instruments”