No
22%
Don't Care
22%

Total votes: 219

RELATED
PRODUCTS

What happened to the third oscillator?

There are the two oscillators that do EVERYTHING, and then there are 3 more hidden oscillators for PM and FM, RM and such. That's more then you will ever need.

This thing is really sick the more I look at it TBH. Absolutely could be a goto. again, it does scream reaktor ensemble tho. With the way the modules are separated and the color and such. looks like they borrowed a lot from FX synths as well.

"performers", modulate by audio sample... sheesh. you are going to get all kinds of new "go crazy" modulations out of this thing.

Quick and sloppy - Blocks still has a little more color, but the family resemblance is there:
Massive_Blocks - Copy.jpg

I am looking forward to learning more about it than the graphics though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 pm There are the two oscillators that do EVERYTHING, and then there are 3 more hidden oscillators for PM and FM, RM and such. That's more then you will ever need.
and if you do need more oscillators, opening up in reaktor and add them....

/runs away.. .

I think this GUI is impressive to be honest. The first Massive was ahead of it's time, so Massive X had to look like synths 10 years from. And I think it nailed it. Although it does look like Reaktor blocks, which I'm also a fan of looking at, but that should be expected it's what good companies do and keep consistent branding throughout they're various products. It also got the same aesthetics of Komplete Kontrol, and they're various newer effect plugins like the Crush pack and what not.

The original Massive's gui is so ugly to me I can't even bother watching tutorials that are using it, there something from color to the design of the knobs that I just can't stand.

People keep saying it looks like a toy, well GREAT! Because that's essentially what instruments are so it should look like a toy because toys are made to be played with.

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 pm There are the two oscillators that do EVERYTHING, and then there are 3 more hidden oscillators for PM and FM, RM and such. That's more then you will ever need.
So the sine and tri in the middle are he sub oscillators ?

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 am Like it? Hate it? Don't care either way? Let us know.

Link: https://www.musicradar.com/news/ni-mass ... lease-date
I really cannot answer that until I try it...

My only concern with it is the white knobs against an off white background. Which means more eye strain the longer you're using it.
So I have to vote no, but otherwise, I don't care.

I do like it and am very excited for release. Hoping for a dark theme though (seems to be the way a lot of GUIs are going nowadays; also easier on the eyes)
"FriendZone"

generaldiomedes wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:22 pm
i only know what i read, and it specifically says + 3 additional syncabke oscillators in the advert. i can only imagine they will be available in the routing section... which is REALLY turning me on btw.

So the sine and tri in the middle are he sub oscillators ?

i only know what i read, and it specifically says + 3 additional syncable oscillators in the advert. i can only imagine they will be available in the routing section... which is REALLY turning me on btw.

edit* f**k this quoting on an iphone ish for real.

Yes i like the gui.
I use a 1080p screen and i don't need to wear glasses (yet, lucky me).
I understand this kind of plastic design with not too saturated color palette (a bit washed out?) might not inspire everyone though.
Similar to ableton live, where the default canvas is lifeless grey, but as you build your music, you bring color (and life) by adding your tracks and elements and it helps me focus somehow.
I tend to get distracted when a gui has a lot of colors and flashy elements by default.
Here you start with a blank canvas and your modulation stands out without hurting the eye or being too distracting.
I dont know why, hehe.
But yeah this kind of gui works wonder for me.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:07 pm
Deep Purple wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:58 pm Don't care. The functionality is there and it's accessible, and that's all it needs.
How can you tell if the functionality is there when you haven't even tried the plugin ?

Right now we're just rating pictures not the actual GUI. We can't really properly judge it until we have a beta or demo on our systems. You may find a workflow killer or you may find it works perfectly for your wants and needs. Only one way to know for sure. :wink:

Of course it's the functionality that matters but if you're going to be spending hours and hours working with any plugin don't you think it would be better if you found its appearance pleasing as well ?

I don't know about you but I find it much more enjoyable working with a GUI that I find pleasing in appearance as opposed to something I just tolerate. :shrug:
Personal taste I think - I look at it from the point of view that from what I've seen so far, I can do what I want, so I'm not sure I have any issues with how it looks. Understood that it's different for each person though, and you do make a good point.

I've never really been too worried about the workflow aspect, as I often play what I want to play and maybe tweak later.
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Instruments”