One Synth Challenge #121: Any One Synth (Rellik Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AlienXXX wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 pm Well, in that case, Thor it is!
Cool I look forward to hearing that - Thor is a great synth, pretty underrated imho :hyper:

Here's my entry:
https://soundcloud.com/bsp604/kvr-osc12 ... track-demo

23 instances of VeeSeeVSTRack, 465 modules total. Even the FX and EQ are done with the plugin.

I also recorded a making of video.

Happy anniversary, OSC :hug: !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5a154TTh0

Tee hee :)

(It's Surge, with its own reverbs and delays and phasers and so on.)
Last edited by Guenon on Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

You are such an artist, Guenon! Genius! :hail: ...again, hard to tell how well it works without the video, but with it it is incredible!

Thank you very much, Taron :hug:

bsp804 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 pm 23 instances of VeeSeeVSTRack, 465 modules total. Even the FX and EQ are done with the plugin.
Wow and thanks for the video. You have inspired me to really go for it. I have waited too long to check out VCV and now with the VCV Bridge and who knows what else others are contributing in the future.

Guenon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:01 am (It's Surge, with its own reverbs and delays and phasers and so on.)
Awesome.
I didn't know Surge went Open Source and a Linux version is available.
I'm definitely looking into that now.

I was bragging to my wife about being able to somewhat easily reproduce trance sounds I used to enjoy in clubs when I was a kid. It's like I'm perfecting a skill that has absolutely 0 market value, hah. She's like yeah, don't remind me.

WOW Guenon, absolutely authentic. Super well done. What do you use for movie making?

@TNS, hope your father gets well soon. God Bless.

functionform wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:51 pm WOW Guenon, absolutely authentic. Super well done. What do you use for movie making?
Thank you :)

For videos like this, I used to use Ableton Live 8, but now I switched to Reaper, which is my second DAW of choice... Almost anything that can import and organize and render out video material will do, and video timestretch edits are also nice to have. I've sort of had the idea that when ever I decide to have fun by making something extra like this for an OSC track, I enjoy doing it in a frugal fashion in the OSC spirit of "use what you got", usually just doing it in the DAW that hosted the synth project itself.

That being said, this time the track itself was made in Live 10.

I'll upload my entry on Soundcloud in a proper fashion in the near future, heh :)

TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:51 am My father is ill so I am headed out of town to help out. I've been working on this so I wanted to submit it in case I don't make it back in time to complete and submit it
:neutral: Best wishes from here also, hoping he gets well.

Son of a... batteries died. Redeploying spy drones...

Oh, wow everyone. Thanks for the good wishes for my dad! Been out of the loop here for a few, but he has stage 4 chronic kidney disease and he just started in home dialysis every 4 hours. His “numbers” are out of whack, partly due to dialysis, but he’s doing pretty good. Of course, mom is a stressed out mess, but I think once a groove is established and his body gets used to it things will work out. The goal now is to get him through “manual” dialysis for a while so he can switch over to a machine which will be used once at night while sleeping vs every 4 hours.

Thanks again, you all kick butt!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Guenon wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:01 am Happy anniversary, OSC :hug: !
Tee hee :)
(It's Surge, with its own reverbs and delays and phasers and so on.)
Did you use the open source Surge synth? Assuming so, I feel slightly responsible for this masterpiece having helped get the Surge project rolling in quite a few ways. It is so much win to have enabled something this amazeballs. Much love to you, Guenon. The drones should drop you some "Amazon packages" soon. Don't open the red one...

Return to “Instruments”