Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

samsam wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:40 pm That interface looks annoyingly abstract to me. Not saying I couldn't learn it, just not sure I'd want to.
To me it appears much more organized and logical. Old Massive was more like a feature wishlist than actually intelligent design.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

This article came out today, but don't get your hopes up:

http://cdm.link/2019/03/massive-x-revealed/

Edit: I see someone beat me to it with a link to the NI blog. :)

garryknight wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm This article came out today, but don't get your hopes up:

http://cdm.link/2019/03/massive-x-revealed/

Edit: I see someone beat me to it with a link to the NI blog. :)
Your post was the first I saw, so thanks for that!

Anyhow, the interface reminds me of a cross between Sugar Bytes' Cyclob wobble/LFO switcher and anything by Madroa Labs' interfaces (source on top and modulators on bottom with a patcher in the middle). It'll be interesting to mess around with.
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

So is this another instrument designed on the Reaktor code base? It sort of looks like it.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Probably. What does it matter though? It's not like other developers don't use their own codebase as well. Listen to Massive 1 and Monark. Where are the similarities?

They finally made a synth interface that is re-sizable? Oh NI, you are so cutting edge.

For the people not inclined to read the first few posts of this thread, check out this link for some quick answers.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ive-x/faq/
:borg:

The color combination is too bad. I wouldn't use it for that alone. Not enough contrast and too bright. Monochromatic. That is a prescription for eyestrain.

The GUI is definitely not my favorite either. It also looks quite busy, with all those controls crammed together. I'm sure it sounds better than it looks though. :)

I’m concerned about the cpu as it shows 33% for just a bass! And yes I prefer the old design and colour. Anyway, I don’t think I’ll pass especially if the upgrade price is reasonable or/and there is an intro discount. It sure seems a powerful synth :)

Gribs wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 pm So is this another instrument designed on the Reaktor code base? It sort of looks like it.
No, this is a standalone plugin. I mean, sure some DSP was probably prototyped in Reaktor as NI usually likes to do, but it's all optimized C++ code using AVX instructions.

Also note they mention "around 125 wavetables at launch". This thing will be updated as time goes, with more of everything, most likely.

EnGee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 am I’m concerned about the cpu as it shows 33% for just a bass! And yes I prefer the old design and colour.
I feel a bit same here. Although im sure Massive X will sound amazing. Their all synths sound great.

What if that screenshot was made on a MacBook Air? :)

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am What if that screenshot was made on a MacBook Air? :)
Its hard to believe knowing how Native Instruments "care" about CPU consumption. :)

I've seen all sorts of computers being used for development while at their offices. They don't always use beast machines :)

Return to “Instruments”