Nice free convolution reverb !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Manual is a work in progress - sorry it's a little slow in coming out. The official release date is in a few weeks so we are pre-release mode.

Stereo is traditional 2 channel left and right. Without giving too much away, there is another potential plug in dev that will develop true stereo and beyond...

Hi Impulse Record, glad to see you here, and thanks for the really nice plugin !

I also noticed that there wasn't a manual in the download, but I did find that the videos on your website helped answer most of my basic questions, still it would be great to see a proper manual at some point.

I was interested in your vintage amps collection, but had a question as to what is included.
I didn't know if it might be possible to add a little more detailed info on the product page, such as speaker configuration (1X10, 2X12, 4X12 etc...), and even whether the cabs were open or closed back ?

That would really be useful, even if you can't put up specific brand and model information.

Also I did notice a small graphics glitch with the plugin itself, if you take normalize off and increase the gain, the waveform in the time display will bleed out of the bottom of the display window and into the control area.

That's not a big deal, but figured I'd mention it as long as you were here.

Thanks again for the really great sounding included samples, still checking out the presets and trying to decide what I need to buy next ! :)

- Jay

Jay,

Thanks for your insights and ideas - these types of comments are very helpful. We've obviously done a lot of testing, but it's hard to produce every scenario and every set up, etc, so it really is helpful and I'll make sure that the small glitch in display window is corrected with next release here shortly. The truth is, as users are quickly finding out, it's not only a wonderful sounding plug and is very easy to get around, etc, there's always room for tweaks and hearing back from users like yourself, is truly appreciated to get those implemented.

We'll be expanding the Convology XT library content in future releases. Any ideas as to specific pieces of outboard gear that you'd like to see in future library content, let me know.

I'll try to feed some speaker information this next week. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks again!

Tom

It was "click" at first sight. I liked everything about the plugin: the look, the use, the ease, not TONS of options...
...but the lack (so far) of true stereo will keep this from being my absolute default IR tool.

For now, I'll use it mainly on mono sources, but can't see buying bundles in a stereo only--esp for that kind of money. Once the "True stereo" capability is applied (I'm assuming that's coming), you've definitely got a customer.

Delete
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Is it true that this plugin will be free only for a limited time?

Yes. When the world ends, it will no longer be free or even available. Grab it while you can.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

heavymetalmixer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:10 pm It says "Limited time offer" here: https://twitter.com/ImpulseRecord/statu ... 9633811462
I just assumed they were referring to the paid impulse responses that are currently on sale ?

Digivolt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:40 pm
heavymetalmixer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:10 pm It says "Limited time offer" here: https://twitter.com/ImpulseRecord/statu ... 9633811462
I just assumed they were referring to the paid impulse responses that are currently on sale ?
Maybe it's that, it's not totally clear.

I've been using this plugin for a little while now, and really digging it.

I have however noticed some CPU spikes every now and again, in both Cubase and Logic.
I'm not sure if it's just my slightly ancient machine, although I do have 8 Xeon cores, it's only @2.66 GHz.

Has anybody else noticed occasional CPU spikes using this ?

- Jay

Bug Music wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:24 pm I've been using this plugin for a little while now, and really digging it.

I have however noticed some CPU spikes every now and again, in both Cubase and Logic.
I'm not sure if it's just my slightly ancient machine, although I do have 8 Xeon cores, it's only @2.66 GHz.

Has anybody else noticed occasional CPU spikes using this ?

- Jay
Not exactly, but doing initial tests I'm noticing some strange behaviour when trying load my own impulse responses: the memory comsumption has a huge increase, followed by a DAW crash. Despite my old Synapse Orion, I'm gonna try some more, cause I really like this plugin.

Thanks for this!

"Not exactly, but doing initial tests I'm noticing some strange behavior when trying load my own impulse responses: the memory consumption has a huge increase, followed by a DAW crash. Despite my old Synapse Orion, I'm gonna try some more, cause I really like this plugin."

Hi, can you tell us more about this. How many IRs and size of IR folder content are you loading? Any pertinent information would be helpful. We are still in pre release mode and making adjustments. While the plugin is very solid from feedback we are getting, there seems to be a legit loading issue here and we want to get it corrected if there is - please tell us about it and feel free to email any dialog or screen shots that might be helpful to support@impulserecord.com

Thanks for your kind words about the plugin!

Been hearing reverbs for 50 years in studios. I have many in my setup and some cost a few bucks. This is a nice plugin for a big sum of 0 dollars. I'm very impressed. Thank you. :tu:
Curious though. I see WA (Wave Arts) and wondered about the affiliation.

Return to “Effects”