Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 pm By the way:
I don‘t expect this year a Summer of Sound Sale from NI covering Komplete and Massive.
Why should they discount a new released Monster Massive in June when everybody will be soooo hot to buy it full price?
The discount will presumably come during Black Friday craziness.
Just my 2 cents...
Really? Cause I was preping and hoping to pickup K12 in June for that sale. :-(
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:17 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:54 pm By the way:
I don‘t expect this year a Summer of Sound Sale from NI covering Komplete and Massive.
Why should they discount a new released Monster Massive in June when everybody will be soooo hot to buy it full price?
The discount will presumably come during Black Friday craziness.
Just my 2 cents...
Really? Cause I was preping and hoping to pickup K12 in June for that sale. :-(
It would be a break in policy. Not sure what they will do.
It would be in their interest not to do a summer of sound as yes peope can get Massive X in discount.

Yet, it's not our fault that Massive X has been delayed twice. People that bought the upgrade earlier are still waiting for Massive X. Massive X was in fact sold as part of the upgrade. And it has always been policy to offer that same upgrade in discount during summer time.

It's up to NI. I'm going to buy Komplete Ultimate, but will wait for sales anyway. :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

That looks quite promising... :clap:

Unfortunately, one thing that i pull from that article is that there seems to be no possibility to create or use custom wavetables.

That interface looks annoyingly abstract to me. Not saying I couldn't learn it, just not sure I'd want to.

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm Unfortunately, one thing that i pull from that article is that there seems to be no possibility to create or use custom wavetables.
How much have you created already with Serum and Dune 3 ? :)

Besides that you have 125 (and if you count modes as being sound shapers, thats 1250 "wavetables") wavetables with countless modulation possibilities...i cannot imagine how thats not enough :)
The first section houses two wavetable oscillators and will feature around 125 wavetables at launch, all created by the original designer himself to showcase exactly what these new oscillators are capable of.

But that’s nowhere near the whole story. The wavetable oscillators have 10 different modes (some with up to three sub-modes), each with their own distinct character, even when playing the same wavetables. Then these main oscillators can all be further modulated by two phase modulation oscillators (with a number of wavetables designed specifically to be phase modulated).

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:32 pm Unfortunately, one thing that i pull from that article is that there seems to be no possibility to create or use custom wavetables.
1 !!! :lol:

Well... i always have in mind that you may get bored with the factory selection, and build your own. :) It's tedious, that's for sure. But, may come in handy at some point. Anyway, i agree that, for some time, you surely won't get bored with so many factory wavetables.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Can anyone remind me of the release date, again? I'd like to update the original post with more accurate info.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Well... i always have in mind that you may get bored with the factory selection, and build your own. :) It's tedious, that's for sure. But, may come in handy at some point. Anyway, i agree that, for some time, you surely won't get bored with so many factory wavetables.
I think you are overthinking about this too much man :) also there is no need to be "stuck" with one particular synth to do the same task over and over or everything, especialy if you have few different synths that can do so wanted wavetable drawing. Im pretty sure Massive X will have its strenghts for certain sounds and Wavetable drawing is wount be a limiting factor at all :)

Original Massive despite being old still gives you ability to make every type of sound you can imagine despite having limited amount of tables :)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:53 pm June 2019: https://www.native-instruments.com/de/p ... massive-x/
Thanks!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 pm

I think you are overthinking about this too much man :) also there is no need to be "stuck" with one particular synth to do the same task over and over or everything, especialy if you have few different synths that can do so wanted wavetable drawing. Im pretty sure Massive X will have its strenghts for certain sounds and Wavetable drawing is wount be a limiting factor at all :)

Original Massive despite being old still gives you ability to make every type of sound you can imagine despite having limited amount of tables :)
True. Don't think i'll ever run out of options in Largo either. It's just a massive (no pun intended) amount of sonic power, when there's so many wavetables on board.

Return to “Instruments”