ArcSyn v3.0.0 beta available.

Official support for: spcplugins.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ArcSyn

SPC Plugins wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 am
focusrite wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:31 am
Breach The Sky wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:40 am Have you considered adding stereo spread to the unison?
+1 0000000000000
The only way in which you can have oscillator outputs with stereo spread is by also having stereo filters, and a routing arrangement which can handle stereo signals. It would *probably* be possible to implement this in ArcSyn, but as you can imagine, rewriting all the filters to handle stereo signals would be quite a lot of work (and a lot of debugging!). I can say that this definitely won't be making it into v3.0.0 :(

But it is possible to get one stereo filter simply by setting both filters to the same settings except for their output panning (filter 1 panned to L, filter 2 to R), then routing the oscillators something like: oscillator 1 to filter 1, oscillator 2 to filter 2, then oscillator 3 to both filters.

I've attached a program which does this. (Please let me know if this works, as I've not tried attaching a program before.)
Yes, I know this. :) Unison stereo spread would be slightly easier to work with. I didn't realize the filters where mono so I understand that it's a lot of work. No worries tough, you can also get a pretty nice stereo image with a simple chorus or stereo effect! What makes Arcsyn good is the non-supersaw like experimental glitchy stuff imo. These types of sounds manages to sound very "clean" in this synth.

I've uploaded a new build of ArcSyn v3.0.0 which implements the 20 minute, no-noise demo system which people have asked for. It also properly defaults to the Satyatunes skin. (Which was supposed to happen already, but didn't), and fixes some small issues with the Satyatunes skin around the Arp rate menu and the effects mix label.

I've uploaded yet another new build of ArcSyn v3.0.0. This build fixes a problem where the previous build would produce stuck notes in ROTATE voice mode, and also prevents the file selector opening in DEMO mode if the SAVE button is clicked. The central display also shows "NOT IN DEMO" when the mouse pointer is over the SAVE button.

I've now officially released ArcSyn v3.0.0 for sale. It comes with 25 new programs which use the unison feature. Thank you to all the people who helped by pointing out issues with the beta.

SPC Plugins wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:21 am I've now officially released ArcSyn v3.0.0 for sale. It comes with 25 new programs which use the unison feature. Thank you to all the people who helped by pointing out issues with the beta.
Hi Steven, is this a free update for v2 owners?

killmaster wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:38 pm
SPC Plugins wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:21 am I've now officially released ArcSyn v3.0.0 for sale. It comes with 25 new programs which use the unison feature. Thank you to all the people who helped by pointing out issues with the beta.
Just installed the 3.0.0 version from the official site over my latest v3 beta (which was unzipped over the latest stable v2 version), it has detected the activation and I'm running it without problems.

killmaster wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:38 pm
Yes, this is a free update for existing licence holders. (I always forget to say that!)

Just updating but it would be good to know which the new patches are as the upgrade process tends to just replace the existing patches with new ones - would be better if they were in a separate folder tbh

Can't install this until I know which are the new patches

You drop in ArcSyn and drop in the patches separately.
You can first search the patches folder for "uni" to find 20 of the 25 and put them in their own folder, and just add that.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Thankyou - so there are 5 not named UNI? Where are they? Also are the only new controls the unison ones? I need to remap and update the NKS versions you see

Ok found the other new ones (compared to what I already had)

Drone - UFO Seekers
Pad - 384 Saws With Effects, Octavius Rex, USB Pad
SFX - New Silicon Bugs
Synth - 384 Saws, 384 Squares, Octavio

Plus the 19 that have Uni in the name

Is there an update list anywhere so I can see if anything else was added or changed other than Unison number/detune?

I've made a revised NKS template for the v3 patches and converted them to NKS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw8jzuu78w9na ... S.zip?dl=0

these will integrate into the existing factory NKS bank in the same folder. It includes a blank template, this is a draft as I'm not 100% certain it includes all the changes yet as they are not well documented. Once I know for certain I'll update the whole factory and third-party library.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 pm I've made a revised NKS template for the v3 patches and converted them to NKS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nw8jzuu78w9na ... S.zip?dl=0

these will integrate into the existing factory NKS bank in the same folder. It includes a blank template, this is a draft as I'm not 100% certain it includes all the changes yet as they are not well documented. Once I know for certain I'll update the whole factory and third-party library.
Kymeia just put one out as well, unless you are also he...

I am

Return to “SPC Plugins”