account deletion

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not hearing back from this Ben person yet, pm estill in my outbox. Is Ben around much or just every few days or so?

Hold on a little while I go through your history to find out what pissed you off.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Huh, no offense intended, but who are you and why are you doing that? Are you able to delete my account? In which case, thanks.

woggle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:38 am Huh, no offense intended, but who are you and why are you doing that? Are you able to delete my account? In which case, thanks.
I am nobody. I am not able to delete your account, what even gave you that idea? I was curious why you got so riled up. Please stop sending me private messages and blocking any responses.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:51 am
woggle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:38 am Huh, no offense intended, but who are you and why are you doing that? Are you able to delete my account? In which case, thanks.
I am nobody. I am not able to delete your account, what even gave you that idea? I was curious why you got so riled up. Please stop sending me private messages and blocking any responses.
i did not realise pm responses were blocked, my apologies. I thought you might be an admin hence your response - otherwise you are just being a bit of a sadistic ghoul deriving pleasure from deriding the distress of others. Really glad that soon no trace of me here will remain for people like you

I get no pleasure from the torment of others. I hope you get some help soon for your afflictions.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

woggle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:59 amReally glad that soon no trace of me here will remain for people like you
Ive seen accounts removed (well, they're just Banned, actually), but just so you know, those people's posts dont get deleted.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:48 am
woggle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:59 amReally glad that soon no trace of me here will remain for people like you
Ive seen accounts removed (well, they're just Banned, actually), but just so you know, those people's posts dont get deleted.
Someone said hibidy had posts removed. I still havent heard from this Ben person

Unless your real name is linked to your 'woggle' account in a way that cannot be unlinked (there's no such thing AFAICT), user name 'woggle' is just a random person on the internet (a nobody).

Simplest thing to do would be:
1. change your profile email address to 10minutemail or similar. AFAIK, kvr auto bans all accounts associated with such temp emails.
2. after that, change your kvr password to something you don't know, then just log out. For example, open Notepad, type a long string of characters, then go to 'change password' page here on kvr. Change it, then close Notepad without saving.
3. kvr will send you a confirmation letter about the password at your 10minutemail address - confirm the change. Email address promptly expires.

In less than 10 minutes you are done, no way back! Deleting 2k+ posts one by one would be a lot more work. Mods will probably refuse to delete your posts - no reason.
Last edited by kosmios on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

This Ben person is the site owner.

Maybe hibs had a reason for special treatment?

Not sure what the legal obligation is for a public forum to remove posts at users' requests.

kosmios wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:06 am Unless your real name is linked to your 'woggle' account in a way that cannot be unlinked (there's no such thing AFAICT), user name 'woggle' is just a random person on the internet (a nobody).

Simplest thing to do would be:
1. change your profile email address to 10minutemail or similar. AFAIK, kvr auto bans all accounts associated with such temp emails.
2. after that, change your kvr password to something you don't know, then just log out. For example, open Notepad, type a long string of characters, then go to 'change password' page here on kvr. Change it, then close Notepad without saving.
3. kvr will send you a confirmation letter about the password at your 10minutemail address - confirm the change. Email address promptly expires.

In less than 10 minutes you are done, no way back! Deleting 2k+ posts one by one would be a lot more work. Mods will probably refuse to delete your posts - no reason.
thanks, I will give that a go now - I don't think I can even remember my current passwrd :)

samsam wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:08 am Not sure what the legal obligation is for a public forum to remove posts at users' requests.
They keep all posts/activity in their logs, even if edited/removed from what's publicly visible. That's for police, etc.
They have no obligation to remove posts, or a whole account, by user request.

Under GDPR, the forum has to remove any personal information on request, except where it interferes with freedom of expression. So, personal email addresses etc should be zapped in the database. But forum posts, particularly replies, will come under freedom of expression. There's no real obligation to delete posts unless they contain personally identifiable information - and I doubt any site owner would be expected to go and find it. It would be up to the user to identify it. And if they can do that they can edit the posts themselves (unless they are locked).

There was one user who had their account scrubbed clean some years back (I think they threatened German privacy rules, which are more stringent). They then went and signed up again under a new account.

Return to “Site Stuff”